Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
Fort Mc. said:
Hey Josemulino, do you know if your friend's ecas was updated before she got the letter?
When my friend got the letter I personally went in and checked her ECAS and it still said the same thing as mine... That 2 days before the exam. So, no... It wasnt updated

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
Re: Citizenship test results, Citizenship Ceremony, Edmonton Office

gatormei said:
Hi josemulino

Can you share the timeline for those people who live in Fort Mac?

Thanks a lot.

All I can tell you is;

My friend applied I THINK on April 2012 with all her family. Her parents moved to Calgary and she stayed in Fort Mc. Her parents got their exam and oath a year ago and she is taking her oath today. Her mom said they got delayed because her brother made a mistake or something, so it was an irregular process. Her test was on Wednesday the 24th.

My brother applied on November 2012 and his application got returned because he didnt know abut the english test, he reaplied on March 2013 and his wife applied in October 2013. I know his wife got the letter on March 2014 saying they started her application. They both received a letter to write the test on the 22nd and the 23rd and took the oath yesterday on June 25th.

I hope this helps

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
ChemBio said:
HI josemulino,

Your turn is definitely very soon. My advice is "check your eCAS daily". Our letters took a week to receive. Luckily we saw it online once it was updated.

Have a good luck and keep us posted,
I personally checked my friends ECAS and she didnt get anything... I assume they update some and some dont. I will keep my eyes open though. I know my letter is on the way cause I can feel it. They are rushing all this for the elections.

Fort Mc.

Oct 19, 2014
josemulino said:
When my friend got the letter I personally went in and checked her ECAS and it still said the same thing as mine... That 2 days before the exam. So, no... It wasnt updated
Thanks for sharing the info

MrOptomist

Star Member
Apr 24, 2008

josemulino said:
I will. People in Fort McMurray are getting their citizenship like crazy. All the people I know who applied for citizenship in Fort Mc are getting their test done this week. I made the mistake of switching my address to my parents in Edmonton because I move too much in Fort Mc. I hope they go to Edmonton and do the same right after they are done with everyone in Fort Mc
I applied in Ft Mac in Dec 2013 and moved to Edmonton in Mar 2014. I did update my address but thankfully CIC didn't transfer my file to Edmonton. So when they called me about 3 weeks ago if I could come to Ft Mac for test on June 22 and oath on June 25 or get my file transferred to Edmonton, I obviously chose the first option and lo and behold, exactly after 18 months of applying, I am a citizen now. Thanks God!

My wife applied in Edmonton and except for a message from last December that we started processing your file, there has been no update.

On a side note, does anyone know what the form that the citizenship office makes you sign by asking the question, "Have you had any issues with immigration or police" is called? This is besides the CIT 0039 form and is signed on the day of the oath.

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks. It is very helpful.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apart from reading the book can anybody suddgest a useful cell app to prepare for test ? .
my test is schuduled for july 15th at Edmonton office.
thank you in advance

edm_AS

Apr 23, 2015
Hi, Got my test invitation today. My timeline is:

Application received on November 24, 2014.
AOR email on December 19, 2014.
In process on December 23, 2014.
We sent you a notice on June 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Wow looks like another wave of test invites are here. Howcome they forgot about February and March 2014 applicants???

MrOptomist

Star Member
Apr 24, 2008
abdul560 said:
Apart from reading the book can anybody suddgest a useful cell app to prepare for test ? .
my test is schuduled for july 15th at Edmonton office.
thank you in advance

I used "Canadian Citizenship Quiz by OCASI" on Android, it was very helpful although don't expect the questions to be the same. This is true for any online or smart phone tests at least from my experience.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Looks like Edmonton is rocking now. I got a TEST invite on June 25, 2015 to appear and write the Citizenship Test on July 21, 2015 at 8:29.
I have not received my letter yet but ECAS says it all.

Check my timeline;

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15,2014
3. We started processing your application on December 17,2014
4. We sent you a notice on June 25,2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 21,2015 at 8:29 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a letter on June 25,2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I never heard from CIC since I sent my application, this is my first correspondence I received about my application. I wish all the best to those who still waiting for the light to shine upon them.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Finally, I got my test invitation letter today to write the test on July 13,2015
Applied in April, 2013

Can somebody share the best online test site where I can test myself. Thanks in advance.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrOptomist said:
I used "Canadian Citizenship Quiz by OCASI" on Android, it was very helpful although don't expect the questions to be the same. This is true for any online or smart phone tests at least from my experience.
thank you for the advise i really appreciate it

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

josemulino said:
Does it really worth getting your GCMS for all the Hassle? I am sure my file is identical to yours. Maybe mine hasn't move since last year. Now, I wonder why don't they just call people for a test in an orderly fashion if the files has been sitting there for that long. Again, I am sure our time is EXTREMELY close. So, just study for the test so it doesn't catch you off-guard. Watch the heritage minutes on youtube that gives you PLENTY of hints in history and are only 1 minute long. Practice with a mock quiz online and read your book. By the time you are prepared you might be one week from writing your exam. I am doing the same thing to keep me from thinking about it. My brother applied in March 2013 and his wife applied in October 2013 and they got a call for a test and Oath the same week, I am sure after this new law they will be moving all these files faster before the end of this year. We are close than ever to be Canadians!
I applied on September 2013 Calgary office and till now I didn't get any thing from cic. are you sur that they will accelerate process of applications before the end of 2015?

tunshah

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
abdul560 said:
thank you for the advise i really appreciate it
@abdul560 congrats on getting the test invite.
My application was recieved on nov 20 2014 hope I will get the test soon.
I was wondering was there any other line added after your sent to edmonton office was disappeared? or did it come back?