+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Family

Jul 15, 2014
I finish my test on Jan 30th 2014 , still waiting :) My wife and kids went to Europe to visit family without of me:(
They will be there till Aug13th and every day I pray to get this done so I can join them !
I also understand that immigration offices are super busy with all applications , and thats why I never called to see whats up:( All I can do is to pray , if nothing maybe next year I will be with my family in the Europe :(
It is very hard to for all of us who are waiting, but there is not much we can do ...
God bless you all and good luck ....

Stay positive my fellow CANADIANS , EJ !!!

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi Family, what is your timeline? After your test, the waiting time for Oath(family application) is 6 months and counting?
Have you tried the Call Centre and ask for the latest status of your application? Is it already been approved by the Citizenship Judge?
Hope your file is not collecting dust bunnies. :)

Im on a family application too, if thats the trend, we might get our oath taking in the winter or possibly spring 2015??? :(
Hope and pray that our local office should speed up in processing our application.

Godspeed!!!

Family

Jul 15, 2014
17 Feb 2012
test 30 jan 2014
still waiting
Have no idea did judge approve it .
I called today and they told me it's in the process :(
I am on single , not family application.
According to Immigration 3 years is the maximum time to finish process :((Hope I don't have to wait that long ..
:(

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
wadelmaki said:
2c,

I was just curious when was your application transferred to Edmonton? I applied in July, but my application is still in Sydney!

Also, why CIC sent you two letters in Feb and Mar; was it a Finger Print request?
I didn't asked about the transfer date,

but every time I call CIC I get some new information, one time I got the call that my application is a non routine application and mostly I get the response that I should wait for 36 months to receive an invitation for the test.

in feb they asked me if I wanted to change my name or not and in mar it was for finger printing.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
2c said:
I didn't asked about the transfer date,

but every time I call CIC I get some new information, one time I got the call that my application is a non routine application and mostly I get the response that I should wait for 36 months to receive an invitation for the test.

in feb they asked me if I wanted to change my name or not and in mar it was for finger printing.
Hi 2c,

Why do you think they told you that your application is, or might be a non-routine?

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Anyone got the Oath taking invitation for August 11, 21 and 25?
If so, congrats! Please share your timeline .
Each date has two batch 10:30 am and 2:30 pm.

ALL THE BEST!

Jan 9, 2014
I have just called CIC and asked about status of the file. They told me that time from test to receiving letter for citizenship ceremony is 6 months now :)

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
wadelmaki said:
Hi 2c,

Why do you think they told you that your application is, or might be a non-routine?
for any reason they ask or send additional questions triggers the application to be transferred to a non routine channel.

but I called yesterday and was informed that every thing is fine with my application now just wait in the line for a test date.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
2c said:
for any reason they ask or send additional questions triggers the application to be transferred to a non routine channel.

but I called yesterday and was informed that every thing is fine with my application now just wait in the line for a test date.
2c,

Your timeline is close to mine by the way; my application was received on July 5th, 2013.

Have they told you when actually your file was received by Edmonton?

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
wadelmaki said:
2c,

Your timeline is close to mine by the way; my application was received on July 5th, 2013.

Have they told you when actually your file was received by Edmonton?
actually I never asked when my file was transferred to Edmonton, let me make call again today and ask them for this information.

but seriously the way Edmonton is growing in multiple folds, this process needs to be faster than it already is.

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
2c said:
actually I never asked when my file was transferred to Edmonton, let me make call again today and ask them for this information.

but seriously the way Edmonton is growing in multiple folds, this process needs to be faster than it already is.
my file was transferred to Edmonton office on march 16, 2014.

DoctorWaiting

Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone,

I received the form CIT 0520 over 4 months after my test. Has anyone else got this form on or after there test? how long did it take to process? At my test, the officer asked a lot of questions about what I do and everything and was writing everything down at the same time controlling the time stamps in my passport with what I claimed. Seemed like he checked all. Then he told me they might ask for more documents and I'll get it within 45 days. Since I went there with complete docs A-Z, I told him I can give him whatever he wants, but he just said no, wait for any letters and send what we ask for. In the form, they want my rental/lease/mortgage documents, employment records for all jobs, original transcripts, CRA assessments, and personal health claim summary (PHCS) all for the duration of the four years preceding my application. Here's my timeline as per the CIC website:
---
file rec'vd: Dec 4, 2012
We sent confirmation and study discover canada on: Dec 4, 2012
started processing: Mar 1, 2013
Sent letter for test on: Mar 2, 2014
Test on: Mar 17, 2014 (passed 20/20) Edmonton
--no more info updated there--

I received the CIT 0520 on July 28, 2014. I called the cic call center and the agent said this is NOT an RQ, but the local office wants more info. I asked how long would this delay the process, and she said since it's non-routine now, the average time for non-routine is 36 months. But I think this is just a standard answer since someone in a forum claimed he got the same document for passport translations, and he got invitation to oath less than a month after sending his documents. Anyways, the form has only two more check boxes, one for color copies of passport pages and translated stamps, the other for movement from a particular country, and also an "other" field. I should also give some context about my case: came to Canada in 2004 as a student, got my masters and PhD here, also worked full time and part-time for some engineering companies. I own my residence, and only traveled a few times to US for conferences and to a Caribbean place once for vacation, all via air. Except for my few trips (all clear in with the passport stamps), seems like my case is as straightforward as can be, and I'm baffled as to why I got this form. Anyways, thought to share this, and if anyone is in the same situation or has some ideas, please share. much appreciated. I'm planning to send my documents as soon as I can the health care claim (which AH said takes 2-3 weeks in Alberta).

good luck.