+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
this is killing me every day,

every day I check the online status and call cic and they have the same standard text book reply.

its in the line and you should get your test date letter any time now.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hi everyone..

As you may recall I'm one of the more senior applicants, having submitted my application for Citizenship in May 2011. I was invited to take the test on September 8 and passed!

The officer at the counter asked me the standard questions and "thanked" me for sending a lot of supporting documents in relation to my RQ. She also notified me that in cases where an rq is issued, 41 months of waiting is not unheard of and that in many cases waiting times of 50 and 60 months are typical.

I have now been advised that if no further documents are required, I will be invited for the citizenship oath between 2-4 months.

One step closer and I hope you all hear good news shortly.

JC

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An update from me.

My test was today, it was ridiculously easy.

My first interview took about 20 minutes. I had several US entry stamps from day trips which I suspected would be an issue, and they were. I was then interviewed for some 30 minutes by another person who went over my travel in more detail. I found it absolutely shocking that neither agent had any idea what an I-94 is, and how it works. I had to explain to both why there weren't any stamps in my passport for many of the trips I had listed on the application, and why there were stamps for trips that I had not.

Long story short, I got the mini RQ, CIT 520, and now have to arm myself with yet more patience, of which I ran out a long mother@#$#%^* time ago.

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
bambino said:
An update from me.

My test was today, it was ridiculously easy.

My first interview took about 20 minutes. I had several US entry stamps from day trips which I suspected would be an issue, and they were. I was then interviewed for some 30 minutes by another person who went over my travel in more detail. I found it absolutely shocking that neither agent had any idea what an I-94 is, and how it works. I had to explain to both why there weren't any stamps in my passport for many of the trips I had listed on the application, and why there were stamps for trips that I had not.

Long story short, I got the mini RQ, CIT 520, and now have to arm myself with yet more patience, of which I ran out a long mother @ #$#%^* time ago.
this is very unfortunate if you have to explain what is I-94. rest I wont comment on any thing else people from cic might be reading this forum :D

outlawtorn

Apr 25, 2013
What is your timeline c2? I understand that the process and lack of transparency is extremely frustrating, but it is what it is and probably, we cannot do anything that improves the situation in short term. You should stop checking your status and calling call center daily. :) Try to force yourself to do it only every Friday and increase the interval if you can. Good luck!

Great news jaycrew and Good luck with the rest of process.

That's unfortunate bambino, but from what I've seen, the mini RQ adds around 3-4 months to the process and you are not gonna wait two/three more years like you would have with regular RQ.

We should start a support group in Edmonton to help people cope with the trauma of citizenship application! I am happy to be the first member! ;)

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
outlawtorn said:
What is your timeline c2? I understand that the process and lack of transparency is extremely frustrating, but it is what it is and probably, we cannot do anything that improves the situation in short term. You should stop checking your status and calling call center daily. :) Try to force yourself to do it only every Friday and increase the interval if you can. Good luck!

Great news jaycrew and Good luck with the rest of process.

That's unfortunate bambino, but from what I've seen, the mini RQ adds around 3-4 months to the process and you are not gonna wait two/three more years like you would have with regular RQ.

We should start a support group in Edmonton to help people cope with the trauma of citizenship application! I am happy to be the first member! ;)
this is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 3, 2013.

4.We sent you a letter on February 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5.We sent you a letter on March 14, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

and no update at all.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
2c said:
this is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 3, 2013.

4.We sent you a letter on February 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5.We sent you a letter on March 14, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

and no update at all.
Hi 2c,

Patience is your friend at this stage, you are still just over a year into this and it looks like you did not provide all the necessary information CIC has been requesting right of the start. CIC will always say that if you don't provide all the documents this may delay your application.

We are here for you if you need to grieve.

:D

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2c said:
rest I wont comment on any thing else people from cic might be reading this forum :D
LOL, that's probably very wise. I am at the point where I no longer care about that.

I also wonder why the hell they want people's health care claims history. I know that many, if not most, men are like me, go to see a doctor only if they lose a limb or are about to die. Plus, it takes years to find a family doctor in the province where I lived before moving to Alberta - and I never got one. So my claim history from that province is going to be just a blank sheet. With my luck, that's going to be another "red flag" for these morons.

What's even more frustrating is that I have been continuously employed in a regulated field, and my education/profession is such that I can really only practice in Canada. If that isn't convincing enough, I don't know what is. Meanwhile, thousands of people who couldn't give two sh!ts about this country and frankly have no business being here get their citizenship within a few months of applying.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
bambino said:
LOL, that's probably very wise. I am at the point where I no longer care about that.

I also wonder why the hell they want people's health care claims history. I know that many, if not most, men are like me, go to see a doctor only if they lose a limb or are about to die. Plus, it takes years to find a family doctor in the province where I lived before moving to Alberta - and I never got one. So my claim history from that province is going to be just a blank sheet. With my luck, that's going to be another "red flag" for these morons.

What's even more frustrating is that I have been continuously employed in a regulated field, and my education/profession is such that I can really only practice in Canada. If that isn't convincing enough, I don't know what is. Meanwhile, thousands of people who couldn't give two sh!ts about this country and frankly have no business being here get their citizenship within a few months of applying.
Hi Bambino,

CIC isn't really interested on the medical reasoning behind your healthcare visits, only the fact you did visit the facilities. Its only one check of many I wouldn't worry about it if you didn't visit too many.

Also, it really is just a waiting game, nothing personal. I wouldn't be surprised if there only 10 employees looking at all our cases. Once they finally look at your case, they will realize that you are an easy case and should process you quite quickly. Its just a matter of getting someone to look at your case.

Stay patient guys our turn is coming soon :)

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I called CIC last week and found out that I am like many others waiting in line for the "oath taking date" now. Good news!

Question to everybody/anyone out there who is on the same boat as me : Any idea, from friends or families How long was the wait from test taking to oath?

Thanks !!!

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
bambino said:

again this is very unfortunate,
I agree with your last statement and it kills me every time I experience interactions with such individuals.

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hello Everyone

Good news! I got my oath taking date in less than 24 months! Single application.

Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the support for those who replied and private messaged me.

Cheers

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Hi guys , I want to give an update about my wife's case , she was scheduled to write citizenship test , on July 24th , but she was 10 minutes late of the scheduled time , the guard just told her to write a letter of explanation to cic edmonton , my wife was very depressed and on that same day she wrote the letter and sent it express post ( it arrived the next day to cic ) , today she just received a letter (final) from cic edmonton to appear and write the test on October 17 2014, we are very very happy , as we feared that the application would get cancelled , I'll make sure she gets 1 hour earlier this time , have a great weekend you all !

outlawtorn

Apr 25, 2013
I received the notice to take the citizenship test in mid October. I have friends who applied in Jan. 2013 and Mar. 2013 and are invited to take the test in Oct, too. So, it looks like the things are going faster that before.

Here is my timeline:
Applied: Feb 2013
In Process: April 2013
Transferred to Edmonton local office: Nov 2013
Arrived at Edmonton local office: Dec 2013
Test Date: Oct 2014