+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
casperr said:
Three people I know that took the exam on April 30 got their oath taking schedule on July 10. I still have not received mine and I took the exam two weeks earlier.

Is there any way we can find out what is the hold up or we really cannot do anything but wait? I just don't understand as my application, timelines etc are very straightforward so i do not know why mine hasnt come yet
Just wait my friend ;) you are in the last step!
Good luck.

Hensen

Apr 19, 2013
Now it becomes a law: the amendment of C-24 ACT. What are the main differences in the new citizenship law? Will it affect existing applications under processing?

Thanks.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
blueshirt said:
anyone here who got RQ immediately after submitting his application?
Application submitted April 2013
In Process since July 10 2013
Got RQ in October sent them the extra documents in November 2013

Waiting....................

casperr

Jun 14, 2014
I called CIC Call Center and told me my application has been approved by the judge but she does not see any schedule yet for the oath taking. I really hope it doesnt take any longer as I believe there is July 10 schedule for oath taking and I am hoping to get that schedule. That will give me enough time to obtain the passport before my flight by end of July

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hello Casper,

Congratulations of the judge approval, btw.

Where did you get the Citizenship oath ceremony of July 10th? I only see in their web till July 1st?

Thanks!

casperr

Jun 14, 2014
There are two people i know that took the exam two weeks later after I did mine. They got a letter and told me it is for oath taking ceremony on July 10

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
this is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 3, 2013.

4.We sent you a letter on February 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5.We sent you a letter on March 14, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have called cic and they informed me that my application has been transferred to Edmonton office.

casperr

Jun 14, 2014
This is the day, I am so happy. Have not received any letter yet but I called up CIC and I was informed that the letter has been sent out last Monday and my oath taking is scheduled to take place on July 10. That means I can definitely have my Canadian passport ready for use on my trip by end of July. This is such an awesome day :)

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
2c said:
this is my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on October 3, 2013.

4.We sent you a letter on February 8, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5.We sent you a letter on March 14, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have called cic and they informed me that my application has been transferred to Edmonton office.
2c,

I was just curious when was your application transferred to Edmonton? I applied in July, but my application is still in Sydney!

Also, why CIC sent you two letters in Feb and Mar; was it a Finger Print request?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
I applied in July, but my application is still in Sydney!
wadelmaki, is your case routine? Is it normal that your application is still in Sydney?

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
EdmontonM said:
wadelmaki, is your case routine? Is it normal that your application is still in Sydney?
The agent told me since I have been requested a FP, then my case is not routine anymore!

I am not sure why my application is still in Sydney?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
The agent told me since I have been requested a FP, then my case is not routine anymore!

I am not sure why my application is still in Sydney?
That's strange! Cause the agent told me the FP doesn't mean non-routine case!