IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
casperr said:
This is the day, I am so happy. Have not received any letter yet but I called up CIC and I was informed that the letter has been sent out last Monday and my oath taking is scheduled to take place on July 10. That means I can definitely have my Canadian passport ready for use on my trip by end of July. This is such an awesome day :)
Congratulations casperr. Now, good luck to the rest of us waiting :p

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Few oath events posted for Edmonton in July. Looks like the June 10th folks will be in Stanley A Milner, Edmonton Public Library

Good Job Edmonton!

whosane

Jun 26, 2014
Hey Guyz,

Just received my notice to appear for the oath on July 15th 2014.

Here is my info:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 28, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 12, 2013.

We sent you a notice on April 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on June 23, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Jun 26, 2014
My husband passed his written test in February 2014 and still no letter, but people from April are getting them which is not good at all for us :( and we booked a trip for the end of July

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations Casperr and Whosane and to all Edmontonians taking their Oath next month.
Are these on family or single application?

casperr

Jun 14, 2014
Status online got updated this morning and I received the hard copy this morning

I sent them a fax last week stating that I will be flying by end of July and that I would appreciate and will help me big time if I can apply for my passport before my flight. I sent them my itinerary as well.

I am so pleased that they were so accommodating about it.

Jun 26, 2014
casperr said:
Status online got updated this morning and I received the hard copy this morning

I sent them a fax last week stating that I will be flying by end of July and that I would appreciate and will help me big time if I can apply for my passport before my flight. I sent them my itinerary as well.

I am so pleased that they were so accommodating about it.
Hi Casper! Where, what number, did you fax a letter too? We are also leaving at the end of July and maybe I should send a letter too. My husband passed his test in February 2014 but still nothing.

Dec 24, 2013
I also got my oath letter for July 15. In my letter, they are
asking me to bring all the documents i.e. passports, PR card, etc.
Is that the routine? Is there more processing on the day of the oath?

My timeline:

1. Application Received: May 11, 2012
2. In Process: March 11, 2013
3. Test: April 30, 2014
4. Oath: July 15, 2014

whosane

Jun 26, 2014
edmontonforeverwaiting said:
I also got my oath letter for July 15. In my letter, they are
asking me to bring all the documents i.e. passports, PR card, etc.
Is that the routine? Is there more processing on the day of the oath?

My timeline:

1. Application Received: May 11, 2012
2. In Process: March 11, 2013
3. Test: April 30, 2014
4. Oath: July 15, 2014
I Believe that is routine. I have been asked to bring the same..probably for verification purposes.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Congratulations to those who got their oath scheduled July 10th and 15th. Any more folks who got one as well?