+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Edmonton408

May 6, 2014
Yes, she did mention June 6. Let's see if I actually receive a letter with that date or not. I thought all of those who took their test on April 30 would have their oath ceremonies on June 6. Well...let's see.

Dec 24, 2013
Edmonton408, I am taking that the June 6 ceremony is happening in Edmonton?
Currently, we don't have the info for June on the CIC website yet.

Also, if you check your status online, it is usually updated a day or two before
you receive the letter in the mail.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
I am wondering if the Edmonton office is planning a "mega-ceremony" on June 6th to swear in as many applicants as possible...

Edmonton408

May 6, 2014
Edmontonforeverwaiting....I know...I have been checking the CIC website for June ceremony dates in Edmonton for the past two days. I guess will have to wait to see when they update that and if I actually receive the letter or ecas update with that date. Until then I guess nothing is set in stone, because I will only trust the actual letter or ecas update.

However, oath ceremony after one month of the test date seems resonable. To add to this - one of my neighbors took his test on April 29 and he was also told June 6 as his ceremony date. So lets see. I will update when I receive the oath letter.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
kisunja said:
I am wondering if the Edmonton office is planning a "mega-ceremony" on June 6th to swear in as many applicants as possible...
Mega! you must be joking. This is Edmonton we are talking about. The land of the proven slow processing times

Besides, with summer vacations, I highly doubt we will see any movement until October if we are lucky, then they go to winter vacations and the routine continues.

You will see nothing for June 6th, unless they meant 2015

oh well, I guess if I am not a citizen, I have no rights or responsibilities, except for the right to sit and wait

God bless Canada

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
so much for those people that said June 6th!

And how come Calgary has like 18 ceremonies scheduled as of today for citizenship and our beloved slow as hell Edmonton is moving turtle speed only has 4 ceremonies scheduled!!! so unfair. If Calgary appreciates immigrants more then this is a clear sign for immigrants where they should be

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
I hope some of the CIC officers are back from holidays this week so they can process some of our pending applications.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Our local office is really tooo slowwww. This is madness!!! :mad: :mad:
I am scheduled for a written test next week.
With only 2 Oath taking ceremonies next June and one in July, we are getting nailed and tortured here.
There is absolutely no way we can get our citizenship here in Edmonton in 25 months or worst 36 months.
Conservatives sucks!!!

•Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office
Address: Suite 240 9700 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3
Date: Monday June 02, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM
Open to Public: Yes

Address: Suite 240 9700 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3
Date: Tuesday June 03, 2014

Address: 7000 143 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2R7
Date: Tuesday July 01, 2014

Dec 24, 2013
I second Canuto that conservatives suck, and we all need to remember that at the polls next year.

I don't think there could be *any* argument as to why there are not enough oath ceremonies, as it
does not require almost any resources to hold one, except that the process is deliberately delayed
to "strengthen" Canadian citizenship.

hk_edmonton

May 23, 2014
My status on the CIC web site was updated today with the following.

"We sent you a notice on May 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

June 5th is not included on the "Upcoming Citizenship Ceremonies" page but this tells us that they scheduled additional ceremonies which they haven't advertised yet so please do not lose your hope and I hope you all get your updates soon. GOOD LUCK!

My application was received on April 10, 2012 and I wrote the citizenship test on February 27, 2014.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Calgary is conservative yet they had wayyyyyy more oath events than Edmonton. It seems it depends city by city

I hope I am in the July 1st event, but I doubt it since hk_edmonton took him 4 months. Congratulations by the way

msc1971

May 28, 2008
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 23, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 23, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 30, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 11, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 21, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.