+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test in a few days - already got RQ'd before test date

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
hi, can someone walk me through what I should expect on test day given the below situation:

1. applied for citizenship in feb 2013
2. received RQ notice in feb 2014 - mailed off all documentation in feb 2014
3. today I received notice to write test in july 2014

Am i expected to go through an interview process on test day? Should I bring every piece of original documentation that I used for both the inital citizenship application and Residence Questionanre?

Or do i just write the test and once they mark it, all is fine and I wait for another letter for oath?

please advise me
thanks!

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tjam3 said:
hi, can someone walk me through what I should expect on test day given the below situation:

Am i expected to go through an interview process on test day? Should I bring every piece of original documentation that I used for both the inital citizenship application and Residence Questionanre?

Or do i just write the test and once they mark it, all is fine and I wait for another letter for oath?

please advise me
thanks!

A lot of the information you are looking for is already on the forum.

Take a minute to search threads.

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
no luck tried for an hour - they all talk about timelines, which isn't what i need

can anyone help please? I plan on bringing all my documents to prove my stay in canada, work proof etc etc..

i have met the requirements for citizenship FYI

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
please reply to Tjam3 post. I am also interested to know what happens to pre test RQ candidates on test day. Does the interview go smooth...do we have to bring all the RQ submission documents with us or everything is easy peasy...

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tjam3 said:

thanks!
After the test you have to wait to talk to a CIC agent who will give you the results and verify some information, check your passport (s) ask a few questions etc, they do it to evaluate your language skills, among other things....nothing exceptional, then the agent will tell you that a judge must give final approval to your application and will tell you the time framework for the oath...I was told between 4 and 6 months, it took 4.

Don´t forget to bring all the documents they ask you to because they will go through them...there is no excuse for this

Then you go home, check the e-cas once or twice a week and wait for the letter of invitation...good luck

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenyadian said:
A lot of the information you are looking for is already on the forum.

Take a minute to search threads.
It took me a minute to write about my experience

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
if one had to leave recently due to spouse getting job transfer, will they give a hard time? any other information to bring?

that's my main query if anyone here has gone through a situation like this... i know they will wonder why u just arrived to canada a few days ago, but i dont want this to hold me back as the situation isn't something i could of predicted

my spouse is a canadian which i think will help... but what if i have to plan to stay abroad for an indefintite time - will they refuse citizenship because of this?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tjam3 said:
if one had to leave recently due to spouse getting job transfer, will they give a hard time? any other information to bring?

that's my main query if anyone here has gone through a situation like this... i know they will wonder why u just arrived to canada a few days ago, but i dont want this to hold me back as the situation isn't something i could of predicted

my spouse is a canadian which i think will help... but what if i have to plan to stay abroad for an indefintite time - will they refuse citizenship because of this?

Tell the truth and nothing but the truth, if you were invited to take the test it´s because probably they verified your RQ...just relax and tell the truth and explain to them the reasons for your absence

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
i still did not get an answer. let me ask again is a pre test RQ person already approved by judge when called for test and his interview is just formality. is a pre test RQ assessed by judge with his approval on the case then only test date assigned to candidate

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FL1040 said:
It took me a minute to write about my experience
And yet it was the wrong answer. The point of my post is to stop the forum from growing weeds of threads that asked questions that have already been answered. This question has been answered many times. There's a thread of folks who have had pretest rqs that have shared their experiences. By answering each thread individually you are counteracting the point of having focused knowledge in a thread and promote random threads like this. Keep the forum clean :)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Tjam3 said:

please advise me
thanks!
Do you mind sharing why got RQ'ed?

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenyadian said:
And yet it was the wrong answer. The point of my post is to stop the forum from growing weeds of threads that asked questions that have already been answered. This question has been answered many times. There's a thread of folks who have had pretest rqs that have shared their experiences. By answering each thread individually you are counteracting the point of having focused knowledge in a thread and promote random threads like this. Keep the forum clean :)
Wrong again...this is what she asked

And I explain to him/her what to expect the day of the exam....you really need to improve your reading skills and stop posting so much bovine manure so we can keep this thread on focus and clean

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
thanks FL1040 for reply so we all can benefit. So it means a Pre-RQ has no weightage on interview day he will still be screened as all other candidates. then whats the purpose of those piled documents submitted before. i thought pre test RQ is like a pass pass situation and you cross the citizenship interview with ease like passing through green channel rather than been stopped on red and geting scrutinized again and again. i also thought a pre RQ file is CJ approved then only he gets test invite and there is no need to waste any more time with candidate after test just few minutes of hi hello and checking his or hers mandatory documents like PR card and passport and landing papers

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
thanks FL1040 for reply so we all can benefit. So it means a Pre-RQ has no weightage on interview day he will still be screened as all other candidates. then whats the purpose of those piled documents submitted before. i thought pre test RQ is like a pass pass situation and you cross the citizenship interview with ease like passing through green channel rather than been stopped on red and geting scrutinized again and again. i also thought a pre RQ file is CJ approved then only he gets test invite and there is no need to waste any more time with candidate after test just few minutes of hi hello and checking his or hers mandatory documents like PR card and passport and landing papers
The purpose of of the RQ is to force applicants to provide further evidence that they actually live in Canada, some people will be given RQ's randomly, some will be given one because CIC suspects that the applicant has been living abroad and are trying to scam the system, if you can provide the documents that prove your presence in Canada you are fine, such as tax returns, leases, school documents, bank statements, bills with your name and address, medical records, records of prescriptions bought here in Canada, employment letters, letters of reference, anything that proves you actually live here...some people qet an RQ after the test because during the interview they seem to have vague replies to simple questions such as "where do you do food shopping" and have no clue, people who do not seem to know that much about the place where they live, if you can prove you live here and answer questions about your neighbourhood you'll be fine, and yes, they will check your passports and compare them with the CBSA report. The purpose of the interview is to make sure the pile of papers you sent matches your answers. The CJ makes a decision after the CIC agent has done the interview and verified your language skills. If you are being honest there's nothing to fear.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
thanks FL1040. so pretest RQ still requires detailed interview so all the papers send as RQ response has no value and trust they will still give hard time at interview and decision is only made based on my local knowlege and proficiency of spoken english language