Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
muppala said:
IBM,

Can you please share your time line?

thanks
muppala
My time line:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 28, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 28, 2011.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 5, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on October 26, 2011.
The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required.
The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on January 31, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM.
The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on March 28, 2012.
If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible.
Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Thanks
IBM.

muppala

Oct 13, 2009
Here is my time line.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 14, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 14, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 5, 2012.

We sent you a notice on August 21, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I received my RQ right at the test centre.

Did you sent any other documents, other then notice of assessments, which you said before ? Do we have to send this info to local office or Sydney?

Thanks
muppala

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi Muppala,

I recevied RQ in mail. In my RQ document, they have specified documents list, such as Notice of assessments, rental/lease documents, employment proof, school records etc... (I remember 18 items).

I have mailed them approximately 400 pages in UPS :)

As per the RQ, I have mailed them to local office (Mississauga) address.

Thank
IBM

maeymaey

Aug 31, 2012
I called back the CIC office who left a message and yes it is real. ;) So we are going on Oct 17 for Oath of Citizenship in Brampton. She said we are going to receive a mail with the details by the end of the week.

Thanks desisabu! GL everyone.

PetitNuage

Sep 3, 2012
polarbear said:
Hi Petitnuage,
Congradulations !!!!

How may days residence did you show in your application?
Thanks PolarBear - To be honest I don't know since my husband filled the forms lol. But we've been permanent resident since 2 Apr 2008. Sorry about late reply.

PetitNuage

Sep 3, 2012
By the way, I sat for the test in May 2012 at Glen Erin and took oath on 21 Sept. On 21st Sept, I've been quite surprised to have seen very few ppl that sat for the test on the same day. It brings me to believe maybe the failure rate is high.

PetitNuage

maeymaey

Aug 31, 2012
Our ecas just get updated today.

We sent you a notice on September 27, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

This is after a week that we got a phone call from CIC staff.

coloursuccess

Oct 14, 2012
Re: Citizenship Test - Glen Erin -Mississauga- 2012

Just have a question for you.
Please do you remember the instruction given by the officer before the test?

As i could remember, i heard the officer giving instruction regarding how to fill the answer sheet provided to us to shade our answers. He made mentioned of the version part but I was trying to remember if we were supposed to specify (by shading) which version of test we answered.

Did you shade the version of test given to you on your answer sheet or it is meant for office use, which mean the officer will shade it themselves.

coloursuccess

Oct 14, 2012

As i could remember, i heard the officer giving instruction regarding how to fill the answer sheet provided to us to shade our answers. He made mentioned of the version part but I was trying to remember if we were supposed to specify (by shading) which version of test we answered.

Did you shade the version of test given to you on your answer sheet or it is meant for office use, which mean the officer will shade it themselves.

coloursuccess

Oct 14, 2012
Need answer from anyone who did the test

coloursuccess

Oct 14, 2012

coloursuccess

Oct 14, 2012

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
coloursuccess said:

relax buddy. the officer is the one who shades it. do not worry.