+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test - Glen Erin -Mississauga- May 2012

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi Muppala,

I am also in IT field and self-employed (Consultant). I have provided them all corporation tax documents( 4 years) along with personal tax
documents.

You don't have wait for OHIP, CBSA documents, send whatever the documents you can prepare with the time limit and mail the other documents as soon as you receive.

Thanks,
IBM.

muppala

Oct 13, 2009
Polarbear,

I guess, what you said is right, there is not much we can do after the fact, its all over, other then thinking, all happens for once own good :)

Thanks a bunch for kind words and help.

tims

Jul 26, 2012
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 27, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 27, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on April 24, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received oath letter today by mail. eCAS has not been updated yet.

Oath is on Oct 2.

After applying for citizenship last year, I moved out from Ottawa and forgot to update the address. The citizenship office called me and got the address updated on file. So I think there was about a month's delay in scheduling my test.

Thanks and good luck every one! Cheers

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Hi Timi,

Looks like your Citizenship application process went smooth without any RQ'S :)

How many days of residence did you show in your application ?????

tims said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 27, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 27, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on April 24, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received oath letter today by mail. eCAS has not been updated yet.

Oath is on Oct 2.

After applying for citizenship last year, I moved out from Ottawa and forgot to update the address. The citizenship office called me and got the address updated on file. So I think there was about a month's delay in scheduling my test.

Thanks and good luck every one! Cheers

tims

Jul 26, 2012
polarbear, I applied just in time:

Permanent residence date: 2009-05-06
Application date: 2011-07-23
Basic residence (days): 1134
Time spent serving a sentence (days): 0
Days absent: 38
Physical presence (days): 1096

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi tims,

Do you have any US visas and travel to USA in your passport? Can you please update?

Thanks
IBM

PetitNuage

Sep 3, 2012
Thanks Westwood. Details as follows :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 12, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 12, 2011.
We started processing your application on December 9, 2011.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on January 24, 2012.
We sent you a notice on January 25, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM. (We missed this one, because we had recently moved. We had to reschedule.)
We sent you a notice on April 23, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM.
We sent you a notice on September 12, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM.

Have a good day :)

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Hi Petitnuage,
Congradulations !!!!

How may days residence did you show in your application?

PetitNuage said:
Thanks Westwood. Details as follows :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 12, 2011.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 12, 2011.
We started processing your application on December 9, 2011.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on January 24, 2012.
We sent you a notice on January 25, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM. (We missed this one, because we had recently moved. We had to reschedule.)
We sent you a notice on April 23, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM.
We sent you a notice on September 12, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM.

Have a good day :)

maeymaey

Aug 31, 2012
Very odd that we got a phone call inviting us to attend Oath Ceremony on Oct 17. Asking us if we are interested to attend to this special ceremony to be held in Brampton. I got the voicemail late so can't get to return the call. Hopefully this is a real thing.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Then its very real, good news, congratulations again, must be special event in Brampton may be someone special might be there.

So go with family and friends and celebrate.

I will also give my cell phone to Glen Erin good people and tell them, call anytime and say any place, and I will be there. :)) hahahaha.

But seriously its really when you receive phone call from them, very few get that.
make me CIC manager, I will hire 100 immigration agents and 200 volunteers and I can clear files fast and makes all deserved applicants get it citizenship faster. :)