+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. So let me open your eyes.

How many of you have ordered GCMS Notes after Sep 1 2020 so far?
I am planning to do ..but how would it help.. I ordered GCMS for my previous PR application, you would only see the progress on different things like criminality, medical, background etc.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
start to make noise to:
-suspend the requirement for citizenship test!!!!
-make oat into a mail-in, written declaration!

1 month and the 500,000 citizenship backlog could eliminated

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I am planning to do ..but how would it help.. I ordered GCMS for my previous PR application, you would only see the progress on different things like criminality, medical, background etc.
It will tell you if your file has been touched or not.

People here talking about test lol but they don't even know that their files have not been touched at all. Test is way far thing if they are not even touching our files and doing other checks

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
start to make noise to:
-suspend the requirement for citizenship test!!!!
-make oat into a mail-in, written declaration!

1 month and the 500,000 citizenship backlog could eliminated
Test lol!!!

They have not opened your file for anything. Test comes way far. Test comes after certain background checks are completed. And even the background checks have not started phew

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Imagine that this SAME person said at the beginning of the conversations of this thread said that the actions of the spousal sponsors will be useless, and that they will not get anything ....
You really need to stop comparing the spousal sponsorship vs the citizenship grant process, they are apple and oranges.
The backlog in the spousal sponsorship process was keeping families apart, little children were growing up without their parents. In the other hand MOST of PRs who are waiting for citizenship can lead a normal life inside Canada, the backlog is not preventing them to access essential services and has little effect in their day to day lives.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
You really need to stop comparing the spousal sponsorship vs the citizenship grant process, they are apple and oranges.
The backlog in the spousal sponsorship process was keeping families apart, little children were growing up without their parents. In the other hand MOST of PRs who are waiting for citizenship can lead a normal life inside Canada, the backlog is not preventing them to access essential services and has little effect in their day to day lives.

If you really think that the two things are not comparable, and that there is no urgent need to take the citizenship tests again ... If you really have this conviction: So why are you pushing yourself by all means? , and vehemently, to discourage people?

... If you really don't care ... How do you mind that people take inspiration from spousal sponsors and actually try something? ... In other words: What have you got to lose? ... If it's not compaable, fine, ok ... Let people operate instead of discouraging and advocating defeatist and negative rhetoric forcefully ... I really don't understand your interest. Disturbing.

Making noise, contacting the press, contacting the local MP, signing petitions, and planning peaceful public demonstrations are all legal, legitimate, and permitted by the laws of this country.

Why get angry, and discourage people, and systematically comment on my interventions with a mocking smyley?

... Either way, you can stop your trials ... People woke up and did indeed start ganging up on social media to prepare peaceful demonstrations outside the IRCC and Palement offices in Ottawa.

At least they'll give it a try ... I'm sure it couldn't be worse (the result) than doing nothing at all and being passive.

... Another thing, I am PERSUADED that if the spousal sponsors had not done anything in their cause, no positive changes will have taken place ... Without even checking, I'm sure if I explore a little in this forum, I would find comments similar to yours, which tried to discourage them too.

Things in life are often a result of a balance of power.

There is no harm in making noise and loobying to defend our interests, as long as it remains within the framework of the laws and regulations.

... The spousal sponsors understood this, and they won. It is a good example to follow.

, Piotr.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
If you really think that the two things are not comparable, and that there is no urgent need to take the citizenship tests again ... If you really have this conviction: So why are you pushing yourself by all means? , and vehemently, to discourage people?
You are basing your whole argument under this premise , pushing for public demonstrations because they were effective for the spousal sponsorship group, but I don’t think you can’t compare both escenarios. I feel like by comparing yourself with them is gonna be counterproductive in the long run, especially if you try to use it as a tool to gain the sympathy of the general public and the government.

Reactions: bluffmaster88

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
You are basing your whole argument under this premise , pushing for public demonstrations because they were effective for the spousal sponsorship group, but I don’t think you can’t compare both escenarios. I feel like by comparing yourself with them is gonna be counterproductive in the long run, especially if you try to use it as a tool to gain the sympathy of the general public and the government.
You can think whatever you want, it's your right ... To have a difference of opinion is your absolute right ... My only remark concerns your relentlessness to want to discourage people, and to be negative.

Either way, everything seems to show that people are moving forward with the idea of having public demonstrations. And that's a great thing, it won't hurt (No more than just standing by, and waiting years for IRCC employees to decide not to take the opportunity that code 699 + force gives them anymore. of their union loooooooool in my opinion it will last a long time).

Personally, I think it's worth a try, and I'm ready to go out and support them. I would go out.

It is sure that it will be beneficial. The media will not be able to ignore this, even if people are few. (Which could be attributable to the distancing).

We'll see. Nothing to lose.

Once again, what saddens me is that people are trying to kill all hope '' a priori '', even before it is made.

... And the mocking smyley was really not necessary: We can talk without despising or making fun of others.

, Piotr.

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
All you need is to look at the covid 19 statistics and dig deep in your soul to realise that covid will remain for years, even if they have vaccine today, nothing will be back to normal.

so what do we do? Stop everything that matters? People are dying from virus, people losing jobs, anxiety is rising, depression in the way, and uncertainty hitting everyone on the planet. We need to adopt to the new normal and move on.

A clear plan or pathway to our files is all we need at this point. Give us a hope or a light at the end of this tunnel is all we ask from IRCC. Communicate with the candidates... I am tired checking my ecas daily 3-4 times a day since 11 months... this is unhealthy.

My employment has been rejected twice on ground of citizenship, no employer will give you this result in writing .

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All you need is to look at the covid 19 statistics and dig deep in your soul to realise that covid will remain for years, even if they have vaccine today, nothing will be back to normal.

so what do we do? Stop everything that matters? People are dying from virus, people losing jobs, anxiety is rising, depression in the way, and uncertainty hitting everyone on the planet. We need to adopt to the new normal and move on.

A clear plan or pathway to our files is all we need at this point. Give us a hope or a light at the end of this tunnel is all we ask from IRCC. Communicate with the candidates... I am tired checking my ecas daily 3-4 times a day since 11 months... this is unhealthy.

My employment has been rejected twice on ground of citizenship, no employer will give you this result in writing .
It's unhealthy for everyone who's application is in progress. Like you there are many other people who visit this forum as if they are being paid.

Even if they take out test part then what about the interview part? Virtual interview for 85000 or more pending files? I can't do the math.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I don't believe this is comparable. Both apples and oranges being very different are equally important and dare to admit tasty. On the other hand IRCC doesn't seem to keep up the pace compared to other provincial/gov't services or for that matter businesses that have figured out a way to continue their work even at a reduced pace. What makes it worse is the silence on what's being done (or maybe not done) to get back on track. Do they need to provide updates is another question, but I believe they do since the service in question is i) a paid service and those who paid for it have the right to know and ii) has tens of thousands of people on the wait list and that is not a drive through queue at Timmie's, but something a bit more important and awaited for, whatever each individual reasons are.
I personally don't support the silence on their behalf, I don't believe that is fair. I don't believe there is no way services could resume in a way that is at least potentially not more dangerous than visiting Costco be it on-line, in person or in any other way.
IRCC might have had a hard time reaching an agreement with the Unions and that is understandable, but for God's sake let people know whatever the reason is. Otherwise it looks a mere incompetence on Mendicino's part when the only way to get the needle moving is protests, media as well as other means.
The argument that IRCC is prioritizing others and are helping those mostly affected by COVID (family reunification etc.) looks nothing more than pathetic 8 months after the outbreak started.
What I don't understand is people trying to argue the obvious, saying that it is totally fine and well respected that nothing is moving, no one at IRCC gives a rat's ass about informing applicants on what's happening. Why are all these folks so chill? Or if you are then is there any particular reason that you applied for citizenship? You could keep your happy attitude without the hassle of the application and paying for it... I'm not necessarily supporting any sort of a riot, but I definitely believe that those at least asking the question from IRCC, MP's or using other ways of trying to shed more light on what's coming are doing the right thing.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I sent out an email asking for an update about the test . I got a reply today saying implementation of online testing delayed .There was another person on Facebook saying in Quebec testing was to have started but the premier asked for it to be move to end of October. Thanks
Is this true in Quebec the testing will resume soon ? or this is the case only for re-testing