+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship test at Glen Erin office, Mississauga

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Mary Chad said:
I met with legal adviser and came to know, CIC is giving out RQ's ton's a day... they are already slow and back logged,
how will they manage? so sad
Mary,

That is correct. One of my friend went for test few days back and received RQ after the interview. It looks like now it is part of the process.

IBM.

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
I have observed that citizenship applicant with US visa are getting RQ no matter even if they travel for single day only......

King Maker

Alex7373

Apr 5, 2012
Update...Took my test on March 5th.
We sent you a notice on May 15, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 25, 2012 :D
It's coming soon for those who are still waiting. Wish you all the best folks and happy long weekend :)

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Alex....
yes US visas are problem indeed, but well now have to deal with it, i ordered
all old bills records, slowly getting them...will submit in 1 week....
Good luck all

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
Dear All,
I saw today on my CIC timeline update the messege below , i did not get any letter yet by mail .

We sent you a letter on May 16, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. [/font]
what is that mean ? is that RQ?

please advice .

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
zeezo...I guess yes that's RQ....DO u have US visa on ur passport????did u travel to USA???if not then any idea y did u get that RQ??
King Maker

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
Kingmaker
I do not have any US visa on my passport , i had one which was valid before i landed to Canada .

i am really surpriced to get RQ , i gave the officer all the required documents she ask for also i provide a transulated copies of all my new and old passports , my kids schools records , Tax , my old rent and the ownership of my home , my company which i established here , ..etc

they send the RQ after five months from the date of test , i will wait till tomorrow to see what they ask for .

the problem is that RQ according to what i knew took 12-16 months delay , my family passports are expired and we thought we could go to mexico this summar for vacation .

i am really down .

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeezo
Same situation in my case,,,,i was planing to go to Alaska & Europe... but well i too got RQ
after 4-5 months of test...

Elana

May 21, 2012
Hi guys, I took my test on March 21 st in the Glen Erin office and still no reply yet. I asked the officer there when I was doing the interview before the test and he said it usually takes 2 months. So, because it's been 2 months already and I have had no update I called the cic and the lady said that it takes 4-6 months. Seriously they should come up with a unified answer and a more efficient process. My father and brother only took them 3weeks last June from the test date to the ceremony date.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hi elana,
You have to be patient my friend took him 2weeks the past feb, I wrote my test in march 20 and still no update, last news I got is one of people I know get his letter of oath last week he wrote his test march 5, if that help.

Good luck

chinoy99

Nov 20, 2010
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2001
AOR Received.
12-11-2001
IELTS Request
31-08-2004
Med's Request
22-11-2005
Med's Done....
05-12-2005
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2006
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2006
LANDED..........
24-05-2006
There is no define time-frame between the time you sit for your written test and the time you get the letter to take the oath.

I know people who got their oath invitation letters in four days after sitting for their written test and others i know who got it after two months and worst cases six to eight months!

If you were not asked to fill up the RQ, then just sit and relax....

good luck!

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Hi, I just tried to search about this RQ through web and got into this thread.. I read all these and I'm surprised I'm not the only one got this RQ.. I just got my RQ yesterday and I have a question, there's a part in the RQ about Home and family ties.. I have a problem about the "proof of residency" what supporting document I could show to them because I'm sharing a rent with my friend and I'm paying cash to her without any proof of payment:( What I'm gonna do? Pls help me! thanks in advance!

keepcooooool

May 24, 2012
just relax!
first of all apply for your travel history from cbsa. then get yr medical record, bank stsyements, credit card statements, job letter, notice of assessment and any other proof which shows your presence here in canada.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
keepcooooool said:
just relax!
first of all apply for your travel history from cbsa. then get yr medical record, bank stsyements, credit card statements, job letter, notice of assessment and any other proof which shows your presence here in canada.
I wish I could :D I have everything except for travel history that I'm gonna get from CBSA and this rental/lease agreement with proof of payment I'm really worried about:(