+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship test at Glen Erin office, Mississauga

checkmate

Oct 25, 2012
wombat66 said:
Folks here are my timelines....the total process took just under a year.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 9, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 10, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 3, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on January 23, 2013.

Wombat66,
This is really unbelivable your file started processing just nine days before and in this nine days they transfered your file to your local office and local office sent you test notfication also !!!

Did you sent any urgent processing request ?

Do you have any idea why they have processed your file very fast ?
Are you Mr Kenny's son ? :p

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
wombat66 said:
totally processing was approx one year. Note I applied in January 2012
Cool, but have you sent anything special ?

Do you know why they procesed so fast.

Anyways Congratulations..
:D

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wombat66 said:
totally processing was approx one year. Note I applied in January 2012
Congrats...the best New Year present I'm sure you hope for. For the benefit of the forum do you mind sharing:

1. How many days of physical presence did you have?

2. Your original country (just say EU, SE Asia, Middle East if you wish - I'm trying to show that this is not necessarily a reason for delays).

3. Did you have any RQ risk indicators e.g. Middle East Residence Permit, US GC, self employment.

4. What was your PR class (FSW, Spousal)

Thanks.

Pekyas

Oct 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wombat66 said:
Folks here are my timelines....the total process took just under a year.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 9, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 10, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 3, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on January 23, 2013.

Congrats!I took my oath same day and time as yours!Im seated in row 20's.

ellis4706

Feb 1, 2013
I have received a Residence Questionnarie today.
My timeline is - Received citizenship application - April 13, 2012
Started Processing application - November 06, 2012
RQ received - February 01, 2013

I am planning to submit the RQ with all supporting documnets in 2 weeks. When do you think I will get a letter to appear for the citizenship test.

Thanks

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
ellis4706 said:
I have received a Residence Questionnarie today.
My timeline is - Received citizenship application - April 13, 2012
Started Processing application - November 06, 2012
RQ received - February 01, 2013

I am planning to submit the RQ with all supporting documnets in 2 weeks. When do you think I will get a letter to appear for the citizenship test.

Thanks
ellis4706,
Really ? after 3 months of processing your file they sent you RQ that is really shocking.
I thought if the file is processing for more then 2-3 months that means you are clear for RQ.

My file is also in processing from Nov 26th 2012, I am counting each day that I am going far from RQ.
Do you know why they sent you RQ ? any visits out of Canada ?
God save us.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tst said:
ellis4706,
Really ? after 3 months of processing your file they sent you RQ that is really shocking.
I thought if the file is processing for more then 2-3 months that means you are clear for RQ.

My file is also in processing from Nov 26th 2012, I am counting each day that I am going far from RQ.
Do you know why they sent you RQ ? any visits out of Canada ?
God save us.
Well i had my exam in Jan 2012(passed also) and got RQ in May 2012, after 4 months...full time job all those years, only went to USA twice...still ...now wait is 48 months..

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Mary Chad said:
Well i had my exam in Jan 2012(passed also) and got RQ in May 2012, after 4 months...full time job all those years, only went to USA twice...still ...now wait is 48 months..
Might be visit out of Canada is new red flag this days :eek:

I am really counting each day and hopping that everything is okay in my file :-X

Do you know why you got RQ, I think if you fill form properly and accurately then CIC will be, just my guessing.

Good part is this days lot off new changes are showing, I saw many off them applied in Nov 2012 and their online shows in process...

Hope for the best..

beingwaiting

Feb 3, 2013
l got a letter dated January 30th, 2013 inviting me for citizenship test on February 18, 2013 at 1:00pm. The problem is I can't find my Record of Landing or Conformation of Permanent Residence documents. What should I do? SOS

Yimmy Grant

Jan 16, 2013
Update for those interested:
After citizenship test at Glen Erin office on November 15th, 2012 - still no letter.
The nick "Cupka" reported test later in November 2012, and got the letter in mid-january.
I started doubting that "Cupka" had her test a t Glen Erin..
It does seem she was aware of the thread/topic/subject/title/heading here, but on the other hand, several others have reported their processing times here on this thread and surprised and confused the readers. It turned out their test was NOT at Glen Erin.
She got her Canadian passport now, and I doubt she will be motivated to log in here again and confirm anything.... She said "Over and out"!
Let's say her test really was at Glen Erin.
Is it normal that earlier test dates receive result later?
Does this indicate anything?
Anyone here qualified to inform me?
Comments welcome too...
I know about one more guy who had his test that day at Glen Erin. He also go no letter. He said. Today.

Westwood818

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Yimmy Grant, please check out these timelines:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18&PID=193458#193458

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E#gid=4

cupka

Dec 3, 2012
Yimmy Grant said:
Update for those interested:
After citizenship test at Glen Erin office on November 15th, 2012 - still no letter.
The nick "Cupka" reported test later in November 2012, and got the letter in mid-january.
I started doubting that "Cupka" had her test a t Glen Erin..
It does seem she was aware of the thread/topic/subject/title/heading here, but on the other hand, several others have reported their processing times here on this thread and surprised and confused the readers. It turned out their test was NOT at Glen Erin.
She got her Canadian passport now, and I doubt she will be motivated to log in here again and confirm anything.... She said "Over and out"!
Let's say her test really was at Glen Erin.
Is it normal that earlier test dates receive result later?
Does this indicate anything?
Anyone here qualified to inform me?

Comments welcome too...
I know about one more guy who had his test that day at Glen Erin. He also go no letter. He said. Today.

Listen YOU!!!
How dare you to talk about me like that???? Do you really think I am stupid enough to write under different heading???
Had my Oath and will apply for my passport soon. But some information's are personal and not supposed to be said in front of strangers. This topic was started to assist those who need help and are maybe confused and not to attack someone and definitely not to copy someones personal information's and keep them for themselves as that is crime and we all know that!!

Did you maybe thought that you didn't study enough and didn't pass the test????