+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship test at Glen Erin office, Mississauga

BubblyBoy

Mar 20, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May xx, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May xx, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December xx, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February xx, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March xx, 2013 at xx:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March xx, 2013.

I got the oath letter right after passing the test, same day. My oath ceremony was only one day appart from the date I passed the exam.
Start to finish = 11 months
Good luck to everyone!!!

themaster

Mar 18, 2013
IBM said:
Congratulations....

hi mr OM,
MY CASE is little bit unusual i have applied for citizen ship in 2009 than i have given the test in 2010.
but unfortunitely i did not pass the test.After 6 month i received a letter to appear in the front of citizen ship judge.
it went good but unfortunitley citizenship also failed me.than i have applied again in july 2012.
i recieved an aknowledement and the citizenship study book. in january i saw my status in cic web update was start
processing.
now on march 4th i saw my status again on cic website.
it shows A DECISION HAS BEEN TAKEN ON YOUR APPLICATION. YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A LEETR WITHIN NEXT THREE
MONTHS.
I dont know what is that mean could tell me is it rejection or approval?
plze i am worried i am still for that letter since than thanks and regards

Help4All

Mar 25, 2013
Hi guys,

I've seen few people talking about 28 Feb test; please advise if anybody got any updates/results who wrote their test on Feb 28 at Glen Erin office.

We wrote our test on 28 Feb and no updates and unlike others who got their Oath letters the same day; wishing to hear something positive soon.

Please share if there is anybody who wrote their tests, like us, on 28 Feb.

Cheers,

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 19, 2012.
We started processing your application on January 11, 2013.
We sent you a notice on March 8, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2013

Given test results and oath date same day. Ceremony will be tomorrow (March 28, 2013).

I read a lot of comments about RQs and huge delays if there are inconsistencies in your dates, absences, etc. But before the test, they noticed that we were missing a gap in employment history (I forgot to put that time in as unemployed), and they also said we were off 2 days for residency day calculation. However, they fixed it on the spot, no problems at all. They were VERY happy that we had the CBSA report with us. Everyone was super friendly about it. Wrote the test, and all was good!

Good luck to everyone. And try to remember that the CIC aren't always the bad guys. There are definitely some understanding, good people working there.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Good Luck. I do agree that people in CIC are very good. I deal with immigration in US and Canada weekly basic. In Canada people are friendly. That is the reason still I am here.

What we blame here is their system. People we work with in CIC know that what they do is not right but they do their best. They cannot change the system but they have to follow that system.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cadvis said:
Good Luck. I do agree that people in CIC are very good. I deal with immigration in US and Canada weekly basic. In Canada people are friendly. That is the reason still I am here.

What we blame here is their system. People we work with in CIC know that what they do is not right but they do their best. They cannot change the system but they have to follow that system.
Well said...

caty

Apr 4, 2013
I did my citizenship test on 19 February 2013 and have no response from the citizenship office. Does anyone know the estimated time of wait, to receive a letter from them. Thanks

caty

Apr 4, 2013
I did my citizenship test on 19 February 2013 and have no response from the citizenship office. Does anyone know the estimated time of wait, to receive a letter from them. Thanks

Help4All

Mar 25, 2013
Hi, we did our test on Feb 28 at Glen Erin and no updated yet; neither online nor by mail. So guys, if you ever hear something please do share and we'll keep you guys posted if we get something from CIC.

good luck!

Help4All

Mar 25, 2013
Hi, we did our test on Feb 28 at Glen Erin and no updated yet; neither online nor by mail. So guys, if you ever hear something please do share and we'll keep you guys posted if we get something from CIC.

good luck!

Sumer

Oct 1, 2012
We wrote our test on 11 Feb 2013 and no updates. wishing to hear something positive soon.

Please share if there is anybody who wrote their tests, like us, on 11 Feb.

Thanks

thunderlight

Apr 5, 2013
hi guys, how are you, is that true if do you pass a high mark in the test do you get called for the oath earlier than others? from a positive mark 20/20, 19/20 posible questions answered?