+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi @CABA, did your partner get an update on tracker regarding LPP after interview? I had my interview on Thursday but haven't gotten any update yet. Thank you!
Is LPP marked complete in the tracker only after the interview, for people who get asked to do the interview? Or can LPP be checked before the interview takes place?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

optiscience

Sep 14, 2023
Is LPP marked complete in the tracker only after the interview, for people who get asked to do the interview? Or can LPP be checked before the interview takes place?
Interview is not for certain that you will have one. If you get an interview, then LPP cannot be completed before it. It can be same day though.

Reactions: dextro590

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Hi guys,

How long does it usually take to receive the email invitation? Got an update on Nov 22 for interview Dec 7.

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi guys,

How long does it usually take to receive the email invitation? Got an update on Nov 22 for interview Dec 7.
I got the email on the same day as the tracker got updated saying that I had to come for an interview.

Last edited:

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Yes, she was nice enough to say that I should wait for an oath email soon. She approved it next day (Friday) and I got it updated on tracker on Tuesday.
Wow, that seems fast! What date is your oath? I have my interview next week and it seems like from a few users' comments that the turnaround from interview to oath can be very fast.

optiscience

Sep 14, 2023
Wow, that seems fast! What date is your oath? I have my interview next week and it seems like from a few users' comments that the turnaround from interview to oath can be very fast.
Yes, it was fast. I had my oath yesterday. Good luck with your interview.

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I had my interview this morning. She asked some basic questions about what I do here, confirmed my contact details, scanned a copy of my new government-issued id and said that that I can expect an invitation for oath early in the new year. The whole interview lasted 5 mins at most.

Reactions: CABA

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I had my interview this morning. She asked some basic questions about what I do here, confirmed my contact details, scanned a copy of my new government-issued id and said that that I can expect an invitation for oath early in the new year. The whole interview lasted 5 mins at most.
similar experience my partner had with interview on Nov 24th . Got LPP cleared in a couple of days and oath is tomorrow

Reactions: dextro590

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
There are some instances of people taking the oath same day as the interview, how common is this?
This is rare - have heard of couple of instances where in-person interview was conducted and they had the oath ceremony scheduled at the same place for later in the day