+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hey guys! I’m a July 2019 applicant and had my citizenship interview about 2 and a half weeks ago… the officer told me she put me in the queue for the oath ceremony… does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to get an oath invitation?
I was told 4 to 8 wks
All aspects of my application were marked as complete after 2 days of interview
After 3-4 days my citizenship ceremony was marked as "in progress "

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi all, I got interview request 4 months after my test.Do you know how is it and why may be requested even though they asked for passport copies separately?I am also wondering if I can have the online interview while I am outside the country,I didn't see anywhere mentioning about if we are outside the country for the interview unlike for the test or oath.
You should check with them. I think u maybe able to take interview from outside of Canada, but it's better to check with them

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I applied in March 2021, bg check completed in Aug 2021 and test completed on Sept 30 2021. I got an interview invitation for December 1. My office is Scarborough one. I'm so happy that there's some progress in my file. However, I have some queries and issues to discuss. Please find them below.

1) What can I expect during the interview? I mean what do they ask generally? And if everything is satisfactory, then would I get DM quickly?

2)My father has been admitted to hospital in India recently. Also he had got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I'm also waiting to go to India in order to search for a life partner and get married as it's already gotten late due to waiting for citizenship oath and am going to turn 34 years old in January 2023.

So can I bring these issues during my interview and request the officer to issue me a faster oath date?

3) Generally, how long is it taking to get an oath date after DM for 2021 applicants?

4) Do I have to carry documents related to my father's illness?

5) Is there any chance of getting done with the oath and interview on the same day itself?

I request anyone to please answer my queries.

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi, I applied in March 2021, bg check completed in Aug 2021 and test completed on Sept 30 2021. I got an interview invitation for December 1. My office is Scarborough one. I'm so happy that there's some progress in my file. However, I have some queries and issues to discuss. Please find them below.

1) What can I expect during the interview? I mean what do they ask generally? And if everything is satisfactory, then would I get DM quickly?

2)My father has been admitted to hospital in India recently. Also he had got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I'm also waiting to go to India in order to search for a life partner and get married as it's already gotten late due to waiting for citizenship oath and am going to turn 34 years old in January 2023.

So can I bring these issues during my interview and request the officer to issue me a faster oath date?

3) Generally, how long is it taking to get an oath date after DM for 2021 applicants?

4) Do I have to carry documents related to my father's illness?

5) Is there any chance of getting done with the oath and interview on the same day itself?

I request anyone to please answer my queries.
I thought it's just me. I'm one year older than you and still single.
Are there many single immigrants?
They only checked my IDs during the interview. Questions are Where do I work, how long I've been in Canada, how many trips I had during the eligibility period, etc. It's gonna be better if you send them doctor's diagnosis. I heard members on the forum who got interview and oath on the same day so it's possible.

Reactions: msatishxp

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
I thought it's just me. I'm one year older than you and still single.
Are there many single immigrants?
They only checked my IDs during the interview. Questions are Where do I work, how long I've been in Canada, how many trips I had during the eligibility period, etc. It's gonna be better if you send them doctor's diagnosis. I heard members on the forum who got interview and oath on the same day so it's possible.
Hi, thanks for your response. I have a doctor's letter from the hospital. Do you think I should send it now or do I wait to show it on the interview day?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi, thanks for your response. I have a doctor's letter from the hospital. Do you think I should send it now or do I wait to show it on the interview day?
You should send it before the interview ASAP.

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi
Today I completed my interview. The officer was soo cool. She asked my Ids and job is full time or temporary.
It lasted 2 min, after she said everything is fine, Oath will take 4-6 weeks may be December or January

Matthewg

Jul 12, 2018
Hi,
I am a November 2021 applicant.I did my online interview on November 24th 2022 morning, the official said eveything looks good with my application and she will schedule me for oath in January 2023.Till today I haven't received any updates on PPL sections,called them yesterday and have been told that my file is still in progress.
I left Canada on 24th November 2022 night to attend my sister's wedding and returned to Canada after 5 days abroad.
Do u think should I inform them about my trip? What can be the problem? By the reading the forums,I see people usually get PPL completed in few days after the interview.

Scarborough office

Last edited:

deepak_kh3

Apr 25, 2017
Hi which email you replied to saying that u are unable to attend in person? I sent email on the link provided but i got auto reply saying they may not reply.
So can u pls advise what email you contacted them on?

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hi which email you replied to saying that u are unable to attend in person? I sent email on the link provided but i got auto reply saying they may not reply.
So can u pls advise what email you contacted them on?
You just reply to the email they sent you with the interview details to tell them you won't be able to attend. I gave a reason as to why I couldn't attend as well.

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello everyone,
So I passed my test on Oct 01, 2022 and just received an email for interview however there is nothing updated on my status tracker is it normal?
Also I came to know from the forum that people had interview and oath on the same day how do I know if mine will be on the same day or not?
Please reply

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello everyone,
So I passed my test on Oct 01, 2022 and just received an email for interview however there is nothing updated on my status tracker is it normal?
Also I came to know from the forum that people had interview and oath on the same day how do I know if mine will be on the same day or not?
Please reply
Oath & interview on the same day doesn't sound correct. Pre-covid, in-person test followed by interview was the norm.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Oath & interview on the same day doesn't sound correct. Pre-covid, in-person test followed by interview was the norm.
Presently there are a few persons that have received their oath right after the interview. The few cases were backlog applications. So the person can be lucky to have both at the same day.

Reactions: Aishas

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Pre-Covid same day oath, same as day of test and interview, was fairly common. Not for most applicants but for many. This was especially common for iterant services, but at least in the GTA this was also done quite often.

My sense is that IRCC will migrate in that direction again, as more or less normal procedures are resumed.

While mine (an iterant services case) was not the same day, I got a notice for the test (even though I was test exempt) and interview, and the notice for the oath, together. My interview was scheduled for a Tuesday afternoon, while my oath was scheduled for Thursday morning. Oath was contingent on outcome of interview of course. Many others at my oath ceremony had been tested and interviewed during the preceding two days, Tuesday and Wednesday.

(In addition to the interview, I also had to respond to a telephone inquiry during the Saturday prior to the scheduled interview; during that telephone call I asked about the notice for the test and was assured I would not be taking the test, and I didn't -- I was only slightly concerned about having to take the test, only because I had not studied at all for it, being way over the age for the exemption, but otherwise confident I could pass it since I had been living in Canada for most of the previous decade and a half, and my Canadian born wife more or less mandated, at least in part, my becoming a Canadian, not on paper or in name, but fully immersed in all things Canadian.)

By the way, pre-Covid ALL adult applicants were interviewed, and this was almost always attendant the test (online tests were only implemented in the latter part of 2020, due to Covid), interviews generally immediately following the test.

The PDI outlining the citizenship application process still lists the interview as a necessary step for all adult applicants, even though this has not been necessary for a large percentage of those who have taken the oath in the last two years. Odds seem to indicate IRCC will get back to requiring all adult applicants be interviewed. And doing more same-day (or following soon after the test and interview) oath ceremonies.

Reactions: akbardxb