+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview and Request for Supplementary Evidence (CIT0520) in the same email.

Reshcan

Aug 6, 2020
I'm not sure about some of the questions here, but one thing I can confirm is that - you have to translate your stamps that are not in English and French, by a certified translator. I know it's a lot of work, but you just have to - so they can verify your physical presence.
Thank you. I'll wait to get advise on my other questions. For the certified translation, i assume an affadavit is not required if the translator is certified by province/territory? Any idea how i can find a certified translator?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you. I'll wait to get advise on my other questions. For the certified translation, i assume an affadavit is not required if the translator is certified by province/territory? Any idea how i can find a certified translator?
No affidavits are required for certified translations. You can always find something on google, ATIO's website if you are in Ontario, I'm sure other provinces have the equivalent of ATIO.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi..just got my interview yesterday and today every section is completed except for the "ceremony" still indicating " not started". however status is still in progress, is it normal? they should've changed to "decision made", shouldn't they?

Reactions: zeyzey6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi..just got my interview yesterday and today every section is completed except for the "ceremony" still indicating " not started". however status is still in progress, is it normal? they should've changed to "decision made", shouldn't they?
New tracker does not have a status saying "Decision Made", it will stay as "In Progress" until the end of ceremony - where it will change to "closed".

Reactions: KoRnnn

Reshcan

Aug 6, 2020
No affidavits are required for certified translations. You can always find something on google, ATIO's website if you are in Ontario, I'm sure other provinces have the equivalent of ATIO.
Thank you. What was the interview experience like? What may they ask?

limits

May 13, 2015
So I contacted them again today and my file was updated with the documents. I guess it takes them some time to add the documents to your file.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi

Do we need to do notary after doing translation of exit and entry stamps? Or Just translation from any certified company is enough.

Thank you

Reshcan

Aug 6, 2020
It may take me a couple of days to get the certified translation. Can i wait a few days and send the consent plus translations together as one email? It looks like you have to send these within two business days before the interview but i want to double check i understood it correctly.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
It may take me a couple of days to get the certified translation. Can i wait a few days and send the consent plus translations together as one email? It looks like you have to send these within two business days before the interview but i want to double check i understood it correctly.
It's better to ask your officer who is interviewing you.

Reshcan

Aug 6, 2020
It's better to ask your officer who is interviewing you.
Sorry i meant to say I will definitely email it with more than two days prior to interview. The email did not contain information of the interviewing officer. How would i know?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Sorry i meant to say I will definitely email it with more than two days prior to interview. The email did not contain information of the interviewing officer. How would i know?
Did the email mention where to send the required scans? Can you post the content of the email (make sure to hide personal info).

hungkubu

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone, my old passport was lost while applying for PR before, but I still keep the police report of that loss and the copy of biological and stamp pages. Is that ok for the interview? Please advise.