+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Denied Due to Removal Order

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Message for all Citizenship applicants is to not breach the Residence Obligation. If you are in a lengthy processing Local Office such as Winnipeg and or have got RQd be especially careful unless you have a significant cushion of days i.e. if you applied at day 1096 on your way to the airport CIC may derail your plans.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Message for all Citizenship applicants is to not breach the Residence Obligation. If you are in a lengthy processing Local Office such as Winnipeg and or have got RQd be especially careful unless you have a significant cushion of days i.e. if you applied at day 1096 on your way to the airport CIC may derail your plans.
I just read the case summery.. very interesting and at the same time alarming for those applicant who are willing to take a job offer or similar kind of the role in overseas while they applied for Canadian citizenship.

My advise to all, please don't apply for citizenship if you are not willing to live in Canada while your file is in process. Do whatever you want to do but after the oath..

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
It does make you wonder why take Canadian citizenship if it's not your plan to live and pay taxes in this country...
That's why I'm all in favor about the new changes.

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
rayman_m said:
My advise to all, please don't apply for citizenship if you are not willing to live in Canada while your file is in process. Do whatever you want to do but after the oath..
Bad advice, which no one asked you for, rayman.

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wayne_vega said:
It does make you wonder why take Canadian citizenship if it's not your plan to live and pay taxes in this country...
That's why I'm all in favor about the new changes.
Why this phenomenon of new citizens leaving the country right after getting citizenship doesn't exist in the US for instance??

Canadian politicians should rather look for the reasons that push neo-citizens out of the country; a large country like Canada with a relatively very small population should not be subject to this exodus if it was properly managed.

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
From my understanding, the person this case applies to has NOT lost their citizenship as of yet. Per the case, the CIC officer made a mistake, and this situation shouldn't occur again. However, I do agree that if you are going to do the BARE MINIMUM, it is in your best interest to have every single day accounted for and verified. To each their own however.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walitys said:
Bad advice, which no one asked you for, rayman.
so..what is the good advise from our end for those who want to leave after applying?

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
so..what is the good advise from our end for those who want to leave after applying?
Good advice is: Become a Canadian citizen in order to work and live IN CANADA. If you don't want to work/stay in Canada, then be a citizen wherever it is you want to go.

I pursued my dual citizenship because I actually want to and will be living and working in Canada.

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
J.M. said:
Good advice is: Become a Canadian citizen in order to work and live IN CANADA. If you don't want to work/stay in Canada, then be a citizen wherever it is you want to go.

I pursued my dual citizenship because I actually want to and will be living and working in Canada.
Good advice is no advice at all.
By the way, Canadians are free to live where they choose to. Don't tell others, what to do and how to live their lives. Live and let live.

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walitys said:
Good advice is no advice at all.
By the way, Canadians are free to live where they choose to. Don't tell others, what to do and how to live their lives. Live and let live.
Excellent advice: Think before you type. You just contradicted yourself with a hypocritical statement. You did exactly what you told me NOT to do. You are free to live your life as you please but that doesn't mean others have to like how you live. The person I responded to asked "what is good advice" in reference to previous comments. Based on the little information presented, I inferred what the answer to that question might be. What I wrote is inferred advice and is not instruction. If you want to tell me what to do or accuse me of telling others what to do, you certainly have that right; however, I also have the right to refuse to comply; just as the person I responded to has the right to refuse the advice. Freedom of choice is a common right, but it should be understood that there are consequences associated with each choice. One consequence of choosing to do the bare minimum in order to obtain citizenship is the negative views others may express towards you.

Have a nice day.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
think for a sec...u want Canadian citizenship and then go and live/work somewhere else...because u have no jobs in Canada or whatever....but u still want Canadian citizenship.....this is where "passport for convenience" comes in.....true story.....love me or hate me.......have a nice day !

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Canada should follow the American way of mandatory filling returns/paying taxes for its citizen inland or overseas.

This will reduce the citizenship application from those who came to Canada just to get Canadian passport (to get visa free entry) and a system to access to Canadian health care and social security net when ever the need arise.

The Govt did the good thing to extend the time period required for citizenship.

And I read that cbsa is going to share the arrivals/departure data with provincial health and service canada, so that people have to wait for mandatory wait times to get the services or follow the rules .

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desi_jatt said:
The Govt did the good thing to extend the time period required for citizenship.
You are talking about a tiny percentage of people in millions who may abuse the system and for that you are supporting govt. move to extend residency? that's because probably you will not be affected by the changes.. Think about those honest people who are living in Canada with family and was hoping to be citizen by 2015/2016 they will be most affected because of few people may have abused the residency.. It's a psychological issue for many..