+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Thanks for confirming, damn that means I will have to mail the certificate out again once I receive it (if I ever receive it sigh!)
You wouldn’t have to if you can prove that you need to travel in 25 business days. But if you don’t, then yes, the only other option would be to mail it out and wait to get it back. And that itself might take another 20-30 business days.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Had my Oath ceremony on 2nd Feb. After calling IRCC helpline for 3 times since Oath and dropping email 3 times to Mississauga office, IRCC confirmed yesterday that they have packaged the certificate and it's waiting in their dispatching room to be picked up by Canada post today. It's coming from Mississauga and I am located in Brampton. So, hoping to get it by end of this week or mid of next week.
Hi - How did you get the updated response, via email or called the IRCC helpline?

justhope

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Hi - How did you get the updated response, via email or called the IRCC helpline?
Well, it's interesting. Mississauga office never responded to my any of the emails regarding Oath Cert. Not even auto responses. I got updates from IRCC helpline (3rd call).

Reactions: Kanedaa

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
So what happens if the certificate has not arrived within 6 weeks? We call them and they re-issue the certificates again but what if the new certificates don't arrive again? Is there anyway I can tell them please don't post it and I would like to pick it up instead? I am starting to come around the idea that my certificate has been lost, it was dispatched from Nova Scotia on 31st of Jan and today is Feb 18 and it still has not arrived in BC, it must be lost right? surely it can't take that long to arrive from Nova Scotia. I'm so frustrated and anxious it has started affecting my health as I can't stop thinking about it

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Tackica

Hedgy

Feb 18, 2022
My ceremony was on January 18 2022...Winnipeg office....still no certificate and complete ignorance from IRCC...:((((

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
My ceremony was on January 18 2022...Winnipeg office....still no certificate and complete ignorance from IRCC...:((((
Which province are you based? When did your file close? Also have you confirmed your certificate was actually dispatched?

Hedgy

Feb 18, 2022
Which province are you based? When did your file close? Also have you confirmed your certificate was actually dispatched?
I am in Manitoba. File got closed on January 24th, after 20 calls to IRCC all I got-certificate was mailed on January 31st via regular mail and they are not responsible for Canada Post's work. If it is true-it should be here like a week ago. But not. Have no idea what to do next

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I am in Manitoba. File got closed on January 24th, after 20 calls to IRCC all I got-certificate was mailed on January 31st via regular mail and they are not responsible for Canada Post's work. If it is true-it should be here like a week ago. But not. Have no idea what to do next
Really sorry to hear that, yeah same here, not sure what to do next as well

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
That's my office. I hope it's not a common thing for them. What did the IRCC officer say your options were?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
My certificate came in the mail today, finally. Guess this is the end of my journey with IRCC! Good luck to everyone else waiting patiently!
May I ask when you took your Oath ceremony to receiving it now? I did mine last Tuesday and it’s the Mississauga office, hence the question.