+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I am surprised many people (me included) who did their oath in Jan still haven't received their certificate. This is worrisome. Are the certificates printed at local offices or at a central office and distributed? I was under the impression it's the former, but with all this delays, I am not sure if that is the case
I am in the same situation. They told me the certificates were dispatched on Feb 7. Snail mail has not arrived yet

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Yes I’m in the same exact situation with the ottawa office as well. Ceremony took place on December 15th and haven’t heard anything since. File hasn’t even been closed. Have called IRCC multiple times to no avail. The agent from IRCC emailed them last week to speed up but there seems to be something going on with the ottawa office. Seems like they have been closed or something since December since it’s the only office with extra ordinary delays. I’ll keep everyone posted if I get an update
Ottawa office has been closed since a few weeks as truckers blocked their street.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Received my certificate today. Unfortunately, it was bent in the mailbox, and no attempt was made to deliver it in person, although I was home today all day. But I don't blame Canada Post because in no where on the envelope it says "Do Not Bend" as other stated, and it was a regular mail. I blame IRCC for using regular mail, and not express with a signature required to make sure it's delivered in person. Anyway, the bend has left a small line in the middle, and once I took it out, it was semi flat. I think it's not a big deal.

Below is the timeline to those who are interested

Oath: Jan 31st, 2022
File Closed: Feb 4th, 2022
Certificate Shipped: Feb 15th, 2022
Certificate Received: Feb 16th, 2022

With this, I am officially done with IRCC. It was a very long ride. Now off to the passport application. Thank you everyone again for your help and support here, and wish you all good luck with your citizenship applications in the next steps, and I hope things will start to move faster for you

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Received my certificate today. Unfortunately, it was bent in the mailbox, and no attempt was made to deliver it in person, although I was home today all day. But I don't blame Canada Post because in no where on the envelope it says "Do Not Bend" as other stated, and it was a regular mail. I blame IRCC for using regular mail, and not express with a signature required to make sure it's delivered in person. Anyway, the bend has left a small line in the middle, and once I took it out, it was semi flat. I think it's not a big deal.

With this, I am officially done with IRCC. It was a very long ride. Now off to the passport application. Thank you everyone again for your help and support here, and wish you all good luck with your citizenship applications in the next steps, and I hope things will start to move faster for you
Many congratulations!!!. I called the support line and they told me they sent the certificate from Nova Scotia on 31st of Jan, still have not received it yet, based in BC. Just hoping it has not been lost, does it really take 3 weeks for standard mail from Nova Scotia to BC? who knows

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Many congratulations!!!. I called the support line and they told me they sent the certificate from Nova Scotia on 31st of Jan, still have not received it yet, based in BC. Just hoping it has not been lost, does it really take 3 weeks for standard mail from Nova Scotia to BC? who knows
Thanks. I guess it takes sometime for interprovincial mail. Mine was mailed from the Montreal office, so everything was local. Good luck

Reactions: cyberkodi

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017

I’ve been saying this for a while. It really makes zero sense why they use regular mail for such sensitive and important document. Happy for you that you finally got it tho.

The line and flatness don’t really matter, as long as the number is legible. Congrats on the end of your journey. Hopefully I get mine soon too as well!

Reactions: Omegabyte

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I’ve been saying this for a while. It really makes zero sense why they use regular mail for such sensitive and important document. Happy for you that you finally got it tho.

The line and flatness don’t really matter, as long as the number is legible. Congrats on the end of your journey. Hopefully I get mine soon too as well!
Thanks. Yes, the line doesn't matter. Everything is legible. I wish they were more careful, but I am glad I received it finally. I was anxious. I hope you will receive yours very soon. Good luck