Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Received my certificate today. Unfortunately, it was bent in the mailbox, and no attempt was made to deliver it in person, although I was home today all day. But I don't blame Canada Post because in no where on the envelope it says "Do Not Bend" as other stated, and it was a regular mail. I blame IRCC for using regular mail, and not express with a signature required to make sure it's delivered in person. Anyway, the bend has left a small line in the middle, and once I took it out, it was semi flat. I think it's not a big deal.

Below is the timeline to those who are interested

Oath: Jan 31st, 2022
File Closed: Feb 4th, 2022
Certificate Shipped: Feb 15th, 2022
Certificate Received: Feb 16th, 2022

With this, I am officially done with IRCC. It was a very long ride. Now off to the passport application. Thank you everyone again for your help and support here, and wish you all good luck with your citizenship applications in the next steps, and I hope things will start to move faster for you
Thanks for sharing and congrats. Did you request urgent because of travel?

justhope

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Had my Oath ceremony on 2nd Feb. After calling IRCC helpline for 3 times since Oath and dropping email 3 times to Mississauga office, IRCC confirmed yesterday that they have packaged the certificate and it's waiting in their dispatching room to be picked up by Canada post today. It's coming from Mississauga and I am located in Brampton. So, hoping to get it by end of this week or mid of next week.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Received my certificate today. Unfortunately, it was bent in the mailbox, and no attempt was made to deliver it in person, although I was home today all day. But I don't blame Canada Post because in no where on the envelope it says "Do Not Bend" as other stated, and it was a regular mail. I blame IRCC for using regular mail, and not express with a signature required to make sure it's delivered in person. Anyway, the bend has left a small line in the middle, and once I took it out, it was semi flat. I think it's not a big deal.

Below is the timeline to those who are interested

Oath: Jan 31st, 2022
File Closed: Feb 4th, 2022
Certificate Shipped: Feb 15th, 2022
Certificate Received: Feb 16th, 2022

With this, I am officially done with IRCC. It was a very long ride. Now off to the passport application. Thank you everyone again for your help and support here, and wish you all good luck with your citizenship applications in the next steps, and I hope things will start to move faster for you
Congratulations!

I am still waiting for mine :)

Reactions: CaBeaver

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi all
Finally I revived my certificate 2 month after my ceremony December 16 2021 in Edmonton thank you for all helps and infos I had from this site and I wish all the best for all who is waiting his process to be done now I have a question. Wish best and fast way to apply for passport online or in persone? Thx

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hi all
Finally I revived my certificate 2 month after my ceremony December 16 2021 in Edmonton thank you for all helps and infos I had from this site and I wish all the best for all who is waiting his process to be done now I have a question. Wish best and fast way to apply for passport online or in persone? Thx
Congratulations!

You can only apply for your passport in-person if you have to travel within the next 25 business days, and you also need to prove it by providing a booked flight ticket or the like. Otherwise, you need to mail out the documents.

Reactions: Dhaka2014

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Hi all
Hey thats fantastic news, many congratulations!! When was your certificate dispatched and from where? How long did it take for it to arrive?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kornet

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Congratulations!

You can only apply for your passport in-person if you have to travel within the next 25 business days, and you also need to prove it by providing a booked flight ticket or the like. Otherwise, you need to mail out the documents.
Hey are you sure about this? I was under the assumption that if you do not want to send your certificate via mail then you can book an appointment with service Canada and you can show them the cert and they sign it off to say that they have seen it and they will send the passport application internally, therefore giving you back the certificate there and then so its not mailed. I didn't realize you have to travel within 25 days in order to see them in person?

Not that I have received my certificate, I'm still waiting sigh

Reactions: Kornet

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Hey are you sure about this? I was under the assumption that if you do not want to send your certificate via mail then you can book an appointment with service Canada and you can show them the cert and they sign it off to say that they have seen it and they will send the passport application internally, therefore giving you back the certificate there and then so its not mailed. I didn't realize you have to travel within 25 days in order to see them in person?

Yes. It’s confirmed. I did it myself in person and while booking the appointment (you cannot walk in anymore) they asked me if I have an evidence that I’m traveling within 25 business days, only then they booked me an appointment. And they took a copy of the ticket with the application as well.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Yes. It’s confirmed. I did it myself in person and while booking the appointment (you cannot walk in anymore) they asked me if I have an evidence that I’m traveling within 25 business days, only then they booked me an appointment. And they took a copy of the ticket with the application as well.
Thanks for confirming, damn that means I will have to mail the certificate out again once I receive it (if I ever receive it sigh!)

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017

Yes, very sure of it. It’s the new rule for now because of limited operations due to COVID-19.