+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Thanks. I just tried it but doesn’t work. Maybe my citizenship application is too old for this: I applied preCOVID when only paper application exist.
Or it might not be ready yet. I tried to google information about this electronic certificate but didn't find anything, there's no IRCC announcement about it either.

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Or it might not be ready yet. I tried to google information about this electronic certificate but didn't find anything, there's no IRCC announcement about it either.
Well it said I didn’t “opt to receive an electronic citizenship certificate”. So maybe it will only work for future applicants who can opt for electronic certificate. It will be a heck amount of work for IRCC to digitalize all previously issued certificates for completed and closed applications.

Reactions: Nwyqweh and hodari

amararchana

Jul 15, 2015
Just and update guys!
Received my certificate in the mail today.November 22nd oath with my status updated to Close on November 24th.
Hi! Congratulations! I took my oath on Nov 25th and the application status was updated as 'Closed' on 29th. I have vacation plans for the winter and am eager awaiting my citizenship certificate so I can apply for the passport soon after. Did the certificate come by regular mail or registered mail. Were you able to track the mail before you received it?

Reactions: Stuntxd9

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Can people received their certificate let me know where the certificate is sent from? I have been wait for almost a month still no certificate

vivimm

Nov 18, 2010
Can people received their certificate let me know where the certificate is sent from? I have been wait for almost a month still no certificate
My oath ceremony was on Nov 16th and I'm still waiting for the certificate. Calgary Office

Reactions: diana98

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I tried as well and following message popped up " You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate. "
I don't remember that any form was having option of E-certificate.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
that’s why I’m concerned: my application was closed half month ago on Nov17 but still no certificate
Well that’s good then, from what I’ve heard is they send the certificate after they have closed the file. So you should get it soon if your file is closed

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Well that’s good then, from what I’ve heard is they send the certificate after they have closed the file. So you should get it soon if your file is closed
This is correct.
The IRCC clerk confirmed before ceremony that certificate will be sent only once the file will be closed. I requested for urgent processing and she closed the file immediately after the ceremony but still I am waiting for the certificate.

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Guys, I'm not there yet, but which address will the certificate be sent to? Do we need to provide an address during oath ceremony or they send it to the mailing address on file?