+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi All
I am scheduled for Oath today Nov 29,2021
I have PR Card, Drivers License and Passport.
I am unable to find COPR. Landing year 2013.

DO they need COPR for oath ceremony?

Reactions: doseoffaith

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Hi All,

I have received the invitation for my oath for December 14th. I am a 2019 applicant and had almost lost hope on the citizenship process. Few days back I accidently ended up checking the online tracker and found out about the oath. My application was NOT urgent.

Unfortunately my PR card has also expired and the renewal is also in process. I am hoping to receive my renewed PR card in first week of December. I have to travel sometime around December end to US but have not booked my tickets yet given the uncertainties with PR as well as citizenship.

Now that I have got the invite, I am thinking not to miss the oath, but dont want to miss my travel as well.

I am looking for suggestions on how to get the passport at the earliest after the oath. I believe the only uncertainty about the path to passport is how long would it take to receive the citizenship certificate.

Is it possible to pick it up or expedite delivery? Would booking my tickets help?

Thanks in advance.

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi All,

I have received the invitation for my oath for December 14th. I am a 2019 applicant and had almost lost hope on the citizenship process. Few days back I accidently ended up checking the online tracker and found out about the oath. My application was NOT urgent.

Unfortunately my PR card has also expired and the renewal is also in process. I am hoping to receive my renewed PR card in first week of December. I have to travel sometime around December end to US but have not booked my tickets yet given the uncertainties with PR as well as citizenship.

Now that I have got the invite, I am thinking not to miss the oath, but dont want to miss my travel as well.

I am looking for suggestions on how to get the passport at the earliest after the oath. I believe the only uncertainty about the path to passport is how long would it take to receive the citizenship certificate.

Is it possible to pick it up or expedite delivery? Would booking my tickets help?

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest you put your travel plans on hold and get the passport.Please don’t reschedule.Do it once and for all.My oath is scheduled for December 13th and I have not received the oath letter yet‍♂.Did you get the oath letter this morning or later this evening.And which location/office did your email come from?

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
I would suggest you put your travel plans on hold and get the passport.Please don’t reschedule.Do it once and for all.My oath is scheduled for December 13th and I have not received the oath letter yet‍♂.Did you get the oath letter this morning or later this evening.And which location/office did your email come from?
Oath invitation was the first email I received for the day this morning. It was from Niagara Falls office.

GustaElg14

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

I was in the same situation and I read about of testimonies in other threads and also called CIC. In summary, even if you have the plane tickets and they tell you that they will send the certificate soon, no one can ensure that you will receive the certificate before 6 weeks. In my case, my trip is kind of urgent so unfortunately, I had no choice other than re schedule the ceremony. Good luck!

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Hello to all! I took my oath on Nov.22 and asked the clerk to send my certificate soonest, however, she was agreed & told me that she will send it the next day but unfortunately 7 days have been passed since the oath, I did not get the certificate yet! Anyone has got the certificate with same timeline?
TIA

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Hello to all! I took my oath on Nov.22 and asked the clerk to send my certificate soonest, however, she was agreed & told me that she will send it the next day but unfortunately 7 days have been passed since the oath, I did not get the certificate yet! Anyone has got the certificate with same timeline?
TIA
When did your status change to CLOSED? That is the date when certificate is printed and mailed out.. So probably it is with CanadaPost now. All the best

Reactions: M_Bd

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Whoever is attending Oath with Ottawa office please be aware that the timeline for Ottawa office printing the certificate is 15-20 times slower than rest of Canada. While most offices in Ontario prints the certificate within the next day or two. Ottawa needs 5-6 weeks to print a certificate.

I attended oath on Oct 27th. Certificate is not even printed yet.

The biggest mistake I did is that I said NO when they asked me on oath day if I have urgent travel plans. I should have said yes. I didn't know travel plans in 60 days is considered URGENT for Ottawa office. I had oath on Oct 27th and have travel plans early Jan but looks like I can't make it. They ask you to cut your PR cards and don't give you a certificate for 45-60 days. That's totally unacceptable.

GustaElg14

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
TIA

I heard lot of testimonies like yours. Unfortunately CIC is not reliable. I had to reschedule my ceremony, because I could not cancel my trip. Good luck!

Reactions: M_Bd

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Hey Guys, is it a fact or an assumption that CIC print and dispatches the certificate on the day of closed status on portal?

My oath was on 24 and new portal says closed (ecas portal says complete) on 25th Nov. My office is Mississauga and home address is Brampton.

I asked for certificate to be sent soon to the clerk, but i did not attach proof while sending oath form (As i dont have any proof).

The reason i am asking, i am away from my home to live with my family in a different city for a bit and want go to home to check mailbox only after that certificate has been delivered.

Any advice when should i plan my travel to go back home and check mailbox.

Regards
xlnc

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
I'll give props to Kitchener/ London office for getting me my Certificate pretty quick.

I did my Oath last Wednesday and asked for urgent processing and the clerk said he would personally mail it out next day, and it arrived yesterday.

Reactions: Dhaka2014