+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
When you enter the zoom link and you enter the seat numbers and cut the PR cards- they come to know that you have applied as a family and even before that they know how many members and what not.
So when you don't send the oath form- They already know and if you do, they will think it was sent by error, just my thoughts!
Ok I understood now that you don't know it surely, you are just speculating and assuming that you can send empty form as you think they will think it was sent by error.. thanks..

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
That link you gave again talks about the thing where there is no need to send the oath form for minor.. no where it has been talking about sending a empty form for minor... again respect your thoughts but when you post such things then clearly please mention that it's a guess by you and not sure as others may get confuse with such a confusing act being done by sending blank form .. because you have talked about sending empty form with so much confidence that I was doubting my understanding after that :)
peace ✌

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
That link you gave again talks about the thing where there is no need to send the oath form for minor.. no where it has been talking about sending a empty form for minor... again respect your thoughts but when you post such things then clearly please mention that it's a guess by you and not sure as others may get confuse with such a confusing act being done by sending blank form .. because you have talked about sending empty form with so much confidence that I was doubting my understanding after that :)
peace ✌
I wrote 'I was planning not to send my child's oath form who is under 14 but I have decided to send a blank oath form(not signed) so they don't forget to upload her certificate'
I have seen both scenarios, folks not sending the minor's oath form or folks sending a blank oath form- they all got their certificates in the end but maybe some experienced delays because....
And I still stand my ground, I am going to send a blank form and I added 'my thoughts' so please look up 'plan' and 'thoughts' in the dictionary before you pass your snarky judgements here.
It's not like they are going to punish us for sending a blank oath form.

Last edited:

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
@Cannnada
Congrats on getting your child's certificate. I'm wondering if you needed to submit their Oath Form in the same email with your oath form (without signing them)? Or did you only need to email yours? Please share your experience. Thank you!
I sent signed Oath form for adults and mentioned their names UCI IDs in email text and added Kids name and and his UCI details and mentioned there as no oath form since minor. Again, I took precautions, but I think they know the kids under 14 don't need it.

Reactions: gamzoog

Camigr8

Dec 6, 2023
Hello I am just updating my journey My Oath was on the 15th, of December 2023, I got my e-certificate on the 16th of December 2023, I am picking up my Canadian passport on Friday 22nd December 2023

Camigr8

Dec 6, 2023
Scarborough
I spoke with passport office, and they said it was ok to prepare the passport application before the Oath. So I started fulling out my passport application. I did my passport photos, I got my guarantor to sign it and waited for my Oath, I did my Oath on the 15th of December 2023, I requested e-certificate and the Saturday morning December 16th 2023 the instructions to download the e-certificate was already in my email. I download the certificate printed it and I went to passport office yesterday Monday 11th December, I paid an extra $50.00 to pick up on Friday 22nd December 2023 this is my story

Camigr8

Dec 6, 2023
around what time did you check portal on 16th to download?
and did you get an email confirming its ready or you just downloaded on your own?
I spoke with passport office, and they said it was ok to prepare the passport application before the Oath. So I started fulling out my passport application. I did my passport photos, I got my guarantor to sign it and waited for my Oath, I did my Oath on the 15th of December 2023, I requested e-certificate and the Saturday morning December 16th 2023 the instructions to download the e-certificate was already in my email. I download the certificate printed it and I went to passport office yesterday Monday 11th December, I paid an extra $50.00 to pick up on Friday 22nd December 2023 this is my story

Reactions: desmat