+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Good day. Attended the ceremony on Nov 1st, sent the aoth form immediately after the same day. Till now no e-certificate is available. Is anyone in the same boat?

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
You should see an option that says Citizenship: Apply for a search of proof of citizenship. Header should be start an application.
@Utkarsh1236 Thanks. When I go at the above header, it asked me- What would you like to do?
-Apply for or replace a citizenship certificate to prove Canadian citizenship. [I selected this option, is it correct?]
-Get a letter confirming if citizenship records exist or don't exist (you can't use this letter to apply for a Canadian passport).

Also after selecting that option, it asks me for couple of questions to answer, for example:
1. Why do you need a citizenship certificate?
-To replace a lost, stolen or destroyed certificate (no change to my name, date of birth, gender or country of birth).
-To change the name, date of birth or gender on the certificate.
-The applicant was born outside Canada and never had a certificate. The applicant's biological or legal parent at birth (not adoptive) was born in Canada or became a citizen before they were born.
-For another reason or the reason is different for each person I'm applying for.

Also there is another question which says - Q2. Are you able to pay your fees online? To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a Visa Debit or Debit Mastercard. (required)

What do I need to answer for the above questions? Pls advise

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
@Utkarsh1236 Thanks. When I go at the above header, it asked me- What would you like to do?
-Apply for or replace a citizenship certificate to prove Canadian citizenship. [I selected this option, is it correct?]
-Get a letter confirming if citizenship records exist or don't exist (you can't use this letter to apply for a Canadian passport).

Also after selecting that option, it asks me for couple of questions to answer, for example:
1. Why do you need a citizenship certificate?
-To replace a lost, stolen or destroyed certificate (no change to my name, date of birth, gender or country of birth).
-To change the name, date of birth or gender on the certificate.
-The applicant was born outside Canada and never had a certificate. The applicant's biological or legal parent at birth (not adoptive) was born in Canada or became a citizen before they were born.
-For another reason or the reason is different for each person I'm applying for.

Also there is another question which says - Q2. Are you able to pay your fees online? To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a Visa Debit or Debit Mastercard. (required)

What do I need to answer for the above questions? Pls advise
i just tried ..for the payment when u press continue it will ask for your details to see if u r citizen or not...its not working for me.

itsme22

Star Member
May 28, 2018
called several times, Today agent left a note on my application and asked MB agent to complete e-certificat process.
hI, How did u manage to send a note to MB through the agent?When I spoke with the agent today they said that they do not have access to contact them.Can you please suggest me this?Thank you

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
hI, How did u manage to send a note to MB through the agent?When I spoke with the agent today they said that they do not have access to contact them.Can you please suggest me this?Thank you
Wondering the same. Is there a way to ask them to look into the file? I need to see my grandma before her major surgery, I’ve sent ticket, oath form is attached to the file but no one is looking at it.