+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello, My oath ceremony is scheduled for 1 July at an in-person event in Saskatoon. I am yet to receieve a formal invite, but the IRCC rep who called me said that I will be given a paper certificate at the time of ceremony.
She also said that I will be able to use it for passport application after 48 hours.
I did not realize this over phone, but does any one know what is the 48 hours constraint here?
It’s so your citizenship is fully entered in the system.

qcs123

May 12, 2023
Here is my timeline, will do another update with regards to passport application and receipt.

(Scarborough Office)
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: Nov 15, 2021
Feb 2022 - Submitted explanation why I had a gap in my passport (passport expired and got a new one, and there was a 5 day gap)
AOR: March 17, 2022
BG check: September 23, 2022
Test Invite: Dec 2, 2023
Test taken: Dec 9, 2022
Test Completed: December 23, 2022
LPP Completed: May 12, 2023 (updated May 16)
Oath Scheduled: May 16, 2023 (updated May 16)
Oath Ceremony: June 8, 2023 (sent oath form right after the ceremony ended)
Tracker Closed: June 8, 2023 (updated on June 10)
Citizenship Certificate: June 15, 2023

Reactions: Keatonkc

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Just found out what happened with my citizenship certificate, the sent my certificate to my old address even after I updated my address with IRCC one week prior to my oath, the citizenship certificate received to my old address two weeks ago and I just talk to the resident of that apartment now she said she put moved out on the envelope two weeks ago and Canada post took it back, now what…. What an idiots dealing with this certificates in the Vancouver office…. All this time they were arguing with me saying they sent to my new address…. Now I have a long phone call to make it to IRCC.
“Friends Mail forward service doesn’t work with the citizenship package“ I did activated that service since May 1st as safety net yet still my certificate went to my old address “BE WARE Using mail forwarding service”

Last edited:
Reactions: lila777

Jimmyb0y

Mar 11, 2020
I received my certificate on June 16, 2023. My oath was on May 15 (SK MB Office)- per envelope, it was mailed out on June 12.
Updated my signature for my timeline. Best luck to everyone!

Jimmy4574

Mar 23, 2019
Just found out what happened with my citizenship certificate, the sent my certificate to my old address even after I updated my address with IRCC one week prior to my oath, the citizenship certificate received to my old address two weeks ago and I just talk to the resident of that apartment now she said she put moved out on the envelope two weeks ago and Canada post took it back, now what…. What an idiots dealing with this certificates in the Vancouver office…. All this time they were arguing with me saying they sent to my new address…. Now I have a long phone call to make it to IRCC.
“Friends Mail forward service doesn’t work with the citizenship package“ I did activated that service since May 1st as safety net yet still my certificate went to my old address “BE WARE Using mail forwarding service”
[/QUO
[/QUO
Let me know what they are going to say about it.
I think they sent mine to my old address as well, I am not sure but the current tenant told me there was a mail for me and he sent it back

waqasrao

Sep 18, 2018
Hi ...I had my oath with Mississauga office on 8th June got my certificate but not of my 8 year old daughter. Do they send them separately I was expecting in the same letter. Can anyone share their experience before I try contacting them.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi ...I had my oath with Mississauga office on 8th June got my certificate but not of my 8 year old daughter. Do they send them separately I was expecting in the same letter. Can anyone share their experience before I try contacting them.
Every applicant gets its separately.

Reactions: waqasrao

Jimmy4574

Mar 23, 2019
Did you contact them?

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
For me and my family they all came together but in separate envelops.

momo1357

Jun 15, 2023
I was finally able to get in contact with them and they said it was mailed June 15 (Oath was May 24 SKMB office). The tracker is still not updated since May 16. Little steps are still steps :)
Same here , after several calls and several agents, it’s confirmed the certificate was mailed out on June 15. Please let us know if you have recd your certificate too thanks!