+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Called IRCC, agent told me my cert was mailed out today. Tracker still in progress though, I don’t trust them hah..

Reactions: Keatonkc

momo1357

Jun 15, 2023
I have an update:
Ceremony: May 18th
Called IRCC June 13th - Was told the certificated has not been sent. Was advised to submit a web form (due to urgency)
Submitted a webform on June 13th
Called IRCC June 14th - was told the certificate was sent on June1st
Called IRCC today (June 15th) - was told the certificate was sent on June 1st
Received the certificate today (June 15th). The stamped date on the envelope is June 12
Thanks for sharing.
Would you mind telling which office did you take the virtual oath?
I took mine on May 25th at SKMB, and I called both today and yesterday the agent over the phone both confirmed that my cert is not mailed out yet and is now in Vancouver.

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
I'm interested in knowing if applicants who applied before January 2023 are also eligible to receive an e-certificate. If so, could you please explain the procedure for obtaining it?
I applied Mar 2022 and received my invitation to Oath creemony Jun 2nd. They wrote on the emsail that i would be getting an ecertificate that can be downloaded 3 days after ceremony and if i want to change it to paper i have to write them. so i assume you will automatically get ecertificate? i didnt opt for virtual either but i also assume with back log they prob trying to move the wait only with more virtual ceremonies

Reactions: vipinait

Moguchka

Jun 25, 2014
Edmonton
Thanks for sharing.
Would you mind telling which office did you take the virtual oath?
I took mine on May 25th at SKMB, and I called both today and yesterday the agent over the phone both confirmed that my cert is not mailed out yet and is now in Vancouver.
Same as yours, SKMB. If your case is urgent I would suggest you to submit a web form and call IRCC everyday.

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Any one waiting who completed Oath on May 16th or earlier for the certificate.
My file closed on May 20th
Certificate sent from Vancouver May 24
No updates since, waiting for my certificate in mail…. Frustrated as hell… what the heck is ircc doing with my certificate

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
I am still waiting, oath May 17(Edmonton office), certificate sent from Vancouver on May 24
Any updates about your certificate, I had my oath on May 16th, Certificate sent by Vancouver office on May 24th, still nothing in mail, Do you know mail forwarding service with Canada post effects cic mail letters??

TalhaS

Nov 24, 2019
I received my citizenship certificate today! The oath was administered by the Calgary office.
Oath Date: May 29, 2023
Tracker closed: Jun 2, 2023 (Updated: Jun 6, 2023)

Wishing you all good luck!

Djeinj

May 20, 2023
I was finally able to get in contact with them and they said it was mailed June 15 (Oath was May 24 SKMB office). The tracker is still not updated since May 16. Little steps are still steps :)