+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
My oath was scheduled on June 6th. They made the update on May 24th. I saw last updated on May 26th which makes sense since the tracker is 2 days behind. Then my tracker stopped working as the oath was nearing. When I login now I see last updated May 30th? Is that odd?

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
My oath was scheduled on June 6th. They made the update on May 24th. I saw last updated on May 26th which makes sense since the tracker is 2 days behind. Then my tracker stopped working as the oath was nearing. When I login now I see last updated May 30th? Is that odd?
Is your tracker still in progress ? I am

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hey mine was closed on the 9th of June but it was updated today from the Mississauga office. You should check your tracker
Hey, I called them today and the agent said the form was uploaded on Friday but no sign of it being mailed, he said it can take up to six weeks from last Friday Jun 9 to reach me. Did you get a chance to check with IRCC contact center?

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Anyone waiting for certificate for more than three weeks since it’s been mailed by IRCC?
My certificate sent out on May 24th no updates since then…Vancouver to Alberta three weeks of mailing timeee???

thisismyname

Jun 12, 2023
Thanks for the note, and yes, I checked this morning and same as you, closed today and the update was June 9. Wondering if they’ve mailed it
They told me they didn't mail mine yet. Hopefully they mailed yours. If not maybe both of ours might be in the next batch they mail. Please let me know if you get any information about whether yours was mailed or if you recieved it.

Thanks!

Reactions: Keatonkc

thisismyname

Jun 12, 2023
Hey, I called them today and the agent said the form was uploaded on Friday but no sign of it being mailed, he said it can take up to six weeks from last Friday Jun 9 to reach me. Did you get a chance to check with IRCC contact center?
Sorry just saw this, yea I spoke with them and it's basically the same thing. Hoping for it to be mailed sooner rather than later

Reactions: Keatonkc

thisismyname

Jun 12, 2023
I don't think it's odd I believe I saw that same sort of update on my tracker account as well

Reactions: bd2017

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
They told me they didn't mail mine yet. Hopefully they mailed yours. If not maybe both of ours might be in the next batch they mail. Please let me know if you get any information about whether yours was mailed or if you recieved it.

Thanks!
I will keep you posted for sure. I am also wondering if I should send a webform asking them to pick it up in person? When I spoke with the agent today, he said you can try asking them through a webform and see what happens. I understand that they are very busy, but it's frustrating to know that it is ready and I am only 7 minutes away from their office. I am planning to travel to visit family by the end of this month and would hate to reschedule.

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
Did you mention to them that you were planning on traveling soon. If yes, then this is not generic and I feel one should never tell them that one plans to travel soon. If you did not tell them, then this is definitely a generic email. Also looks like yours is Montreal office. Mine is Niagara and they have been cool with the e-certificate and accept the request from anyone who wants it. Here is the body of the email I sent and they were quick to respond positively:
"
Hi,
Hope you are doing well. I have my virtual oath on June 13th and was wondering if I can opt for the e-certificate. That way I will not have to wait for the physical certificate. If possible, please opt me in the e-certificate option.
"
I feel Montreal are very special !
i will try my last chance during the 1:1 ceremony

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone here tried to request an e-certificate? If so, how long before you received it?

manjocan

Feb 22, 2023
Hello, My oath ceremony is scheduled for 1 July at an in-person event in Saskatoon. I am yet to receieve a formal invite, but the IRCC rep who called me said that I will be given a paper certificate at the time of ceremony.
She also said that I will be able to use it for passport application after 48 hours.
I did not realize this over phone, but does any one know what is the 48 hours constraint here?

Moguchka

Jun 25, 2014
Edmonton
I am not sure if you guys noticed or it was posted before but this is what is written on page 3 of the Notice to Appear (Ceremony):

You shouldn’t finalize any travel plans until you get your citizenship certificate and then your passport. Before applying for a passport or other government services, you will require your paper citizenship certificate. It may take up to approximately 2 to 4 weeks to receive it. For up-to-date passport information, please consult the Canadian passports and other travel documents: Applying in Canada webpage.

My wife has been waiting for the certificate for 4 weeks now. We called IRCC yesterday and were told that it has not been even sent. The IRCC agent advised us that we should wait for 6 weeks and call them back then. We have a trip in 20 days and made a decision to proceed with the oath based on the writing above and conversation with the agent prior to the ceremony.

I think we should push IRCC by submitting Webforms, calling IRCC and contacting your local MP (I think they will be happy to help you since you can vote after becoming a citizen). IRCC looks really unprofessional and incompetent.