+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
After the oath, I sent to Calgary. Received confirmation immediately.
But I also sent via the web form - there is an option to send documents. IRCC received my form and I received a response that the document was added to the file. Then in the tracker - that I am a citizen and the file is closed.

krishm

Apr 23, 2018
I did my virtual oath today (Mississagua office). I sent the oath of citizenship signed form this morning via email (CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca) and I didn't get any automated reply that they received my email. I would like to hear people's recent experiences.
Thanks.
We had our virtual oath with the Niagara office two weeks back. We also did not receive any acknowledgement after we sent the signed form but the tracker was updated to Complete last week and when I called IRCC, the agent said the certificate was already mailed to home address.

Salwazir265

Dec 4, 2016
We had our virtual oath with the Niagara office two weeks back. We also did not receive any acknowledgement after we sent the signed form but the tracker was updated to Complete last week and when I called IRCC, the agent said the certificate was already mailed to home address.
Wife is in the same situation. Can you advise when exatly was your oath and when the cerificate was mailed to you? ty so much

krishm

Apr 23, 2018
Wife is in the same situation. Can you advise when exatly was your oath and when the cerificate was mailed to you? ty so much
Oath was on May 17th. Tracker updated on May 27th (date in tracker was May 25th). IRCC agent said the certificate was mailed on May 25th.

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I did my virtual oath today (Mississagua office). I sent the oath of citizenship signed form this morning via email (CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca) and I didn't get any automated reply that they received my email. I would like to hear people's recent experiences.
Thanks.
I did my virtual oath on 18-May with vancouver office- same thing- sent my oath form within an hour but no acknowledgement of my form. However my tracker closed to completed on 23-may stating that my application is closed. I have heard from people here that it means, they have mailed out the citizenship cert. I ma yet to receive it though; 11 days & counting......

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Can anyone confirm if they require your passport when doing Oath? I am yet to receive the official email from them, yet my tracker is updated for June 8.
I am applying for a Visa to travel, but I am unsure if I should submit my Passport or should I wait for Oath if they ask for it.
As part of the Oath ceremony, you need your PR card AND another piece of ID showing your photo and signature- this can be your DL as well. i took a virtual oath and all of this was listed in my invitation email. I was not asked for any of my passports. It may depend on your local office as well. My two cents- wait to send in your passport till you get your official email ivite and it will explain what you need to bring along for the oath. Typically you should get your invite about 1 week prior to your oath date. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Reactions: qcs123

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oath done on 16th, tracker closed 18th. Tracker update 20th.
Certificate waiting.
Oath Ceremony: 16th May, 2023
Tracker Update : 20th May, 2023
Certificate Received: 29th May, 2023
Office: Niagara Falls, ON

They actually mailed it out only on 25th May. So I was incorrect to assume that if tracker shows closed the certificate is mailed out. Atleast in my case the tracker got closed & they were sitting on it for the next 1 week.

Reactions: bulls23

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Can anyone confirm if they require your passport when doing Oath? I am yet to receive the official email from them, yet my tracker is updated for June 8.
I am applying for a Visa to travel, but I am unsure if I should submit my Passport or should I wait for Oath if they ask for it.
No passport needed for the oath

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I have been trying to call IRCC since last 2 days but I just get disconnected no matter what options I choose. What am I missing? How do ya all reach a person ever!

Ckharry

May 5, 2019
Nainital
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
16-11-2022
Anyone from May 13 Oath -Missisuaga Office still waiting for certificate .

Kingkk123

Mar 22, 2023
Hi, Anyone here who attended Oath on 16th May from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office and received Citizenship Certificate? I haven’t received mine yet, Thank you.

Oath - May 16
Office - SK/MB (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
Tracker Shows Completed - May 25

Last edited:
Reactions: offonkarsingh