+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Vancouver office.
Oath Ceremony - May 18 (online Calgary office)
UPD tracker -Application closed - May 27th.
Waiting for a certificate.

Reactions: bulls23

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I had my virtual oath on May 18 with MB SK office and during registration, I requested e-certificate which was accepted by the clerk. After the ceremony, I immediately emailed my signed oath form and within an hour, I received an email to create an account on IRCC portal. I was expecting e-certificate to arrive within a couple of days and hence went ahead and booked a trip overseas for early June.

It's been over a week since my ceremony and I'm still unable to access my e-certificate (tracker says in-progress). I thought the whole point of e-certificate was to quickly deliver important document to new Canadians instead of having to wait several days. I know friends of mine who've had their paper certificates delivered sooner from other offices!

I tried emailing the office and calling IRCC but I didn't get much help. The IRCC agent told me that my oath form was added to my file on May 23 but my application is not complete. I believe someone somewhere hasn't done their job properly and closed out my application
Tracker closed means your application complete. How can you get ecertificate if your tracker is in process ?

husky ginger

Feb 13, 2019
This morning I checked a tracker and it is finally closed! Funny that it wasn't updated when i checked last night but today(saturday)! Hope the certificate will me mailed out soon! Fingers crossed

Anyone knows why SK office is so slow? I had the oath done on April 11, and sent them a signed oath form of course. Literally nothing happened for 5 weeks after the oath. I called IRCC to see what the heck happened to my status, and the agent said he didn't even see my signed oath form in my file and recommended me sending the form again to the same email address. I double checked if the form sent at the first place and IT WAS! Anyhow I forwarded the very first email I sent with the oath form(initially sent out on April 11)to the SK office, and they replied me back saying it wasn't received before and now it will be processed. That was May 18th and still NOTHING has happened since bahahaha. I just read how slow this particular office is, and getting really frustrated that I need to go oversea in mid July and passport has to be done soon.

qcs123

May 12, 2023
Can anyone confirm if they require your passport when doing Oath? I am yet to receive the official email from them, yet my tracker is updated for June 8.
I am applying for a Visa to travel, but I am unsure if I should submit my Passport or should I wait for Oath if they ask for it.