+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
I wanted to ask from previous applicants experience, regarding pick up availability for the citizenship certificate directly from the visa office. How long does it usually take to issue the certificate for the applicant to pick up ?

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hello everyone,

What date is on your certificate? Is it the date it was printed/mailed or the oath ceremony date?

aztec2k

Feb 9, 2023
Sorry to hear. If you receive it please update. I haven’t received it yet too
My oath invite was from the Mississauga office but the ceremony was conducted by the Niagara office, I wonder if certificate has to come from Niagara…perhaps thats why its taking time :) will post here once i receive it.

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
My oath invite was from the Mississauga office but the ceremony was conducted by the Niagara office, I wonder if certificate has to come from Niagara…perhaps thats why its taking time :) will post here once i receive it.
Where did you email the Oath Form? That would be the office responsible for the certificate

Reactions: aztec2k

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
sent it to the Mississauga office…not sure if its slower than the other offices in dispatching the certificates, any luck with your yours?
Then it will come from Mississauga. Yeah perhaps with all the holiday and bad weather in btw.
If anything comes your way, please update :) and I will as well if I have mine.
Good Luck

Reactions: aztec2k

blaiseVisa

Feb 15, 2023
Oath 23rd Feb
Certificate just arrived today 2nd March 12:30pm (I had to call Canada Post to figure things out because I have an urgent travel)
Currently at the Mississauga passport office for urgent passport (Brampton office can't handle urgent service)

Phew, one step closer

blaiseVisa

Feb 15, 2023
I had sent the email to IRCC Scarborough office 2 days before the ceremony with a request to expedite the certificates. In the email I had included letter (issued on the company letterhead) stating the reasons for travel, travel dates, etc, this letter was issued by my manager.

Scarborough office replied with the following email

Good day,

Thank you for your email. There are about 5 weeks between your ceremony date and your expected travel. That is enough time to receive your certificate and get your Canadian passport. If you send us your signed oath form right after the ceremony within the regular business hours, we will issue your certificate the same day and mail it to you the following day. You can receive your certificate in about one week. Please make sure that we have your current mailing address on your file.

Alternatively, our records show that your PR card is valid until 2024/xx/xx. You can travel and return back to Canada from abroad until that date.

You can request cancellation of your ceremony date, keep your PR Card intact and reach out to us via this email thread to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. You will most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of your request. The rest of your family can proceed with the ceremony as scheduled.

Please let us know if you would like to proceed with cancellation of this ceremony date.

Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team / ZBL

I replied to this email stating, I do not wish cancel my participation for the Oath Ceremony.

On Sep13, The clerk who checked our documents in breakout rooms (PR cards etc) acknowledged during the Oath ceremony that their office had received my email in which I had stated the request to expedite the certificate. She mentioned that as soon as the ceremony gets over send the signed oath forms asap and she will ensure the certificates are mailed the next business day by regular Canada Post mail. I used the opportunity to ask her if I can pick up the certificates from Scarborough office instead, she said that it is not possible because of CoViD restrictions

We followed what she suggested us to do and we got the certificates in our mailbox on Sep 16

In my honest opinion they will not consider your request since it is for a personal trip and not an emergency. But there is no harm in sending this and asking for it.
Thanks.
Just as a follow up.
I tried, got denied but the oath clerk told me not to worry that if I submit the signed form timely, I should be getting it within 7 days, in time for an urgent passport.

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
sent it to the Mississauga office…not sure if its slower than the other offices in dispatching the certificates, any luck with your yours?
I had to communicate with them regarding my son and I received a reply back saying it was posted only today for me . So another week maybe.