+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
No option other than waiting for max of 6 weeks before checking the office :) I think the process is different for each office
Because in Montreal, we have this option to pickup certificate in during- week, yeah maybe it’s different,

dkfk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
My oath was Feb 6th MB SK virtual oath. Application status changed to closed on Feb 8th (updated on Feb 10th). Anyone with the same date/office, let's keep each other updated on how long it took for the certificate to arrive. The clerk said it would take 4 weeks.

Doomitch

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-11-2017
Hi, this question might have been aswered already but I cannot find anything.

My Oath ceremony is scheduled for March.

I have seen on CiC website that Digital Certificates can be provided since January.

How can I request this eCertificate instead of Paper one ?
During the ceremony?

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018

I have seen on CiC website that Digital Certificates can be provided since January.

During the ceremony?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/valid.html#e-certificates

E-certificate is for some applications on invitation basis. As per summary on IRCC Website-
We’re offering the e-certificate option to some applicants who submitted their applications before January 4, 2023.

If we offer you the e-certificate option, you

• will receive an invitation by email
  • may accept or decline the invitation
    • If you accept the invitation, follow the email’s instruction for your next steps.
    • If you decline the invitation, you’ll get a paper certificate (if we approve your application).
You’ll only receive an e-certificate if

• you accept the invitation
  • you meet the application requirements
  • we approve your application

Bibobibo123

Jul 4, 2022
I had my oath ceremony on Feb 7 with SK/MB office and up to today my tracker is still in progress. Is anyone here in the same ceremony with me? Was you tracker updated?

blaiseVisa

Feb 15, 2023

During the ceremony?
So, apparently, only a few people were selected for the pilot program. I have confirmed this.
I have also asked CIC for the same information 'getting an eCertificate'. They said it will only be available for everyone who applied after Jan 2023. People who applied before Jan 2023 are by 'invite' only and can't manually generate this for me.
Now, I am also stuck.

I need my certificate within 6days after my oath to be able to make my travel plans