+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

prav12

Dec 19, 2018
No, vacations don't count, even if you tell them you'll lose thousands of dollars. You will have the option of postponing your oath ceremony.

And yes, an officer will check your identity and will ask if you have any urgent travel. Other than a family emergency, nothing else is considered urgent.
I have completed my test. Other statuses (prohibitions, language, etc.) are in progress. Now my employer transferred me to the US and I am traveling next week. My spouse will still be in Canada for time being. I can travel back to Canada for oath ceremony but I will need citizenship certificate and passport asap to be able to travel again. Is that good enough reason for emergency processing?

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
I looked at a bunch of posts here before, it seems like for many, status changes from completed to closed in about a week or so, and then application closed (usually means certificate dispatched) to certificate delivered takes about 2 weeks + a few days, even if you take oath somewhere like Winnipeg but live in the GTA.

Is yours 'completed' or 'closed?'
According to this ... my certificate should be with canada post .... my application status changed to complete in dec 23 and file closed on dec 27.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Just an update, my oath was on NOV1 st, according to IRCC records they sent me the certificate on Nov 9th, but I never received it. Dec 21st which was 6 full weeks after they mailed the certificate I did request a reprint, I sent at least 5 follow-up messages, one MP office intervention, 3 IRCC contact center notifications to the related office (HALIFAX) there is still no sign of resend, or an acknowledgement that they received the request.

Due to a planned trip at the end of Jan (More than 4K prepaid, and not refundable also attached a medical appointment back to my original country), I requested a two years temporary passport, which has been declined by Passport Canada (Halifax) although it was previously confirmed by the Passport Canada call center. their excuse was I never received my certificate, If I receive it and lost it they said they could issue one.

Honestly, I am very much pissed off, it seems like Canada is not able to identify whether you are a Canadian citizen or not and relying on a piece of paper instead of its citizenship database (I am not sure if this even exists).

IRCC call center can confirm that I took my oath on Nov 1st and I am officially Canadian, related office can not deliver my certificate, or give me the option to pick it up in person or at last with a tracked mail.

I did nothing wrong, did everything on my end without fail if I am a Canadian Citizen ( apparently I am after my oath on Nov 1st ), my mobility charter rights are violated by the government.

Same experience buddy. Go to my post history and you will get an idea of how messed up some IRCC offices are.
Oath date: 17th october 2022
Oath office: Winnipeg MB
My location: Burnaby BC

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Same experience buddy. Go to my post history and you will get an idea of how messed up some IRCC offices are.
Oath date: 17th october 2022
Oath office: Winnipeg MB
My location: Burnaby BC
Hello. Whats the latest for you? Any progress/luck?

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hello. Whats the latest for you? Any progress/luck?
First Winnipeg office lost my oath signed form for 3 weeks. Then they delayed the dispatch by 1.5 months. and now it is considered lost by Canada Post.

One clerk from IRCC WINNIPEG asked me to send solemn declaration since it cannot take 1 month for Canada Post to deliver it. I sent the solemn declaration, the same agent replied within minutes saying to wait more. Like what???? then why would you ask it in first place? its ridiculous, they cant even stand by their own words. I have approached my MP, but I have very low hopes from them either.

• Angry
Reactions: trumprefugee

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
First Winnipeg office lost my oath signed form for 3 weeks. Then they delayed the dispatch by 1.5 months. and now it is considered lost by Canada Post.

One clerk from IRCC WINNIPEG asked me to send solemn declaration since it cannot take 1 month for Canada Post to deliver it. I sent the solemn declaration, the same agent replied within minutes saying to wait more. Like what???? then why would you ask it in first place? its ridiculous, they cant even stand by their own words. I have approached my MP, but I have very low hopes from them either.
Sorry to hear that. I am amazed by all this. I had shared with you earlier forum posts where the office after getting the solemn declaration sent the certificates. But this is beyond comprehension.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
We took the oath December 14th. One citizenship certificate arrived today. Still waiting on the other one.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Sorry to hear that. I am amazed by all this. I had shared with you earlier forum posts where the office after getting the solemn declaration sent the certificates. But this is beyond comprehension.
Yeah, this clerk can't even stand by her own words. She is the one who lost the oath form first for 3 weeks and it was nowhere found. She also ignored both of my expedited urgent request (with proper proof) to send it by tracking number. Both of them outright ignored. Now she is not accepting my solemn declaration either 3 months after oath.
I am getting some strong anti immigrant racist vibes/feelings from this particular clerk at Winnipeg office the way she has behaved since the very beginning of my oath. I wish I really really wish I had some proof

Last edited:

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
Dec 20 oath
Dec 23 oath completed
Dec 27 file closed
certificate not received

I called IRCC today and they said they didn't send my certificate yet and to call back if not received by Feb 1st!!

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Dec 20 oath
Dec 23 oath completed
Dec 27 file closed
certificate not received

I called IRCC today and they said they didn't send my certificate yet and to call back if not received by Feb 1st!!
Thanks for sharing! What is your ceremony office?

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
so the certificate will be mailed out after case closed? or right after the oath when we email the signed form?
and how should we know which office will be sending the certificate out?