+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
If I do not have certificate in my hand after 23 days of Oath and everything completed since 3 weeks so I have bad taste in mouth being new citizen.
The worst part is being stuck in Canada with no proof of citizenship whatsoever, unable to travel in case of an emergency or a death God forbids. I am really scared reading these stories. Very inefficient service from the part of IRCC.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Closing file means nothing. I have seen files being closed 1 day after oath and certificate gets mailed out 10-15 days later. There is absolutely zero procedures being followed even for us "new" citizens. LOL Height of insanity and gross incompetence.
I saw on the IRCC website that if the certificate is lost (for whatever reason), one can apply for replacement by paying 75$ and applying for a new certificate. This takes 16 months :( Go figure!!

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
The worst part is being stuck in Canada with no proof of citizenship whatsoever, unable to travel in case of an emergency or a death God forbids. I am really scared reading these stories. Very inefficient service from the part of IRCC.
That is what I have been going through.

Oath:17th October
App closed: 5th November
Certificate mailed: 9th November
NOT RECEIVED YET. First IRCC, now CANADA POST losing it. It never ends. and IRCC will not take any action until 6 weeks have passed from mailing date. So many calls and so many emails, nothing so far. :(

My home country does not allow dual citizenship, so I am like stateless at the moment with no proof.

azakhel1776

Dec 1, 2022
I saw on the IRCC website that if the certificate is lost (for whatever reason), one can apply for replacement by paying 75$ and applying for a new certificate. This takes 16 months :( Go figure!!
I have been exploring this area as it seems like my cert is lost too.

If it is under 6 months then you have to provide solemn declaration and new cert will be mailed to you.

If more then 6 months then apply new application which takes 16 months.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Hello all,
My wife had her oath on 2/11 (a month ago now), certificate was sent on 17/11 (according to call center after multiple calls), it has not yet been received - is this normal (4 weeks?!!) Niagara falls office and we reside in Belleville!

Thank you
My friend did the oath on 2/11 as well Niagra falls office and he is still waiting for the Certificate and his application is in progress.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

NOT RECEIVED YET. First IRCC, now CANADA POST losing it. It never ends. and IRCC will not take any action until 6 weeks have passed from mailing date. So many calls and so many emails, nothing so far. :(

My home country does not allow dual citizenship, so I am like stateless at the moment with no proof.
how did you know it was mailed? does that show up on the tracker?

Drake1234

Jun 9, 2022
Today I talked to agent and he said they have not mailed my certificate yet.

My oath ceremony was on 16th November, Winnipeg office, and myself in Vancouver. The tracker says my application was completed on 23rd November.

I never asked if they have received my email of oath form or if my certificate is printed out, assuming it's all sorted out since online tracker status is marked completed; neither the agent said anything about reception of oath from pending from me.

Is there anyone from Vancouver, who might have also joined the same ceremony and have received the certificate?
@awais174 did you receive your certificate ?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022

You are not stateless. You are Canadian already. You will receive the certificate. I believe once the 6 weeks passed it would be high time to start the process of informing them and requesting that it be sent to you again. I think the delay is happening at the level of sending. Let's hope for the best and soon.