+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
So 3 weeks went by, no sign of certificate dispatch. No online status update. I requested it urgently, that was ignored and missed my sibling marriage.
Caused a lot of emotional stress and flight cancellation money loss.
All the support center agents said same thing during that time:
"We have your signed oath form, we see you did ceremony on this and that date. Certificate is printed..just not dispatched yet. Keep sending emails to your oath office if you need it urgently." Nothing happened, Fine, story of past! Let's move on.

IT DID NOT JUST END THERE!

Yesterday, they sent me an email asking for my signed oath form again after 3 weeks of oath ceremony. I was like, that's very weird. I still sent it.
Called support center today. To my surprise and utter shock, this agent said your oath form was only uploaded to system yesterday. WTF

I was like but I sent it originally on second week of October 5 minutes after the ceremony. She said no, nothing was uploaded. I told her all the previous agents said signed oath form already uploaded there. Why would they say that then?? She said I am not sure. She guaranteed me that it was uploaded yesterday. Even gave me her name and agent ID to give me confidence it was indeed uploaded to system yesterday.

This is how IRCC call center or the Winnipeg Office works. I am not sure who is right and who is wrong. This is how they play with our future and files. Unbelievable. 6 weeks of wait effective yesterday. so total 9 weeks for a certificate that was supposed to be urgent.

Lastly, what did I do wrong to deserve this kind of torture? :(
This is really bad!!

I hope they send it by express shipping.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
So 3 weeks went by, no sign of certificate dispatch. No online status update. I requested it urgently, that was ignored and missed my sibling marriage.
"We have your signed oath form, we see you did ceremony on this and that date. Certificate is printed..just not dispatched yet. Keep sending emails to your oath office if you need it urgently." Nothing happened, Fine, story of past! Let's move on. Hope I get it in 6 weeks, 3 weeks already went by.

Yesterday, they sent me an email asking for my signed oath form again after 3 weeks of oath ceremony. I was like, that's very weird. I still sent it.
Called support center today. To my surprise and utter shock, this agent said your signed oath form was only uploaded to system yesterday. WTF

I was like but I sent it originally on second week of October 5 minutes after the ceremony. She said no, nothing was uploaded. I told her all the previous agents said signed oath form already uploaded there. Why would they say that then?? Where did the original signed oath form email go? I also got an auto reply. She said I am not sure. She guaranteed me that it was uploaded yesterday. Even gave me her name and agent ID to give me confidence it was indeed uploaded to system yesterday.

This is how IRCC call center or the Winnipeg Office works. This is how they play with our future and files. Unbelievable. 6 weeks of wait effective yesterday. so total 9 weeks for a certificate that was supposed to be urgent.

That is really unfortunate! I hope they dispatch the certificate immediately.

Reactions: Smiling_sunshine

Coollime

Oct 29, 2016
I live in US. But went to Canada to take Oath last week as we need to be in Canada while taking Oath (The document which sends to us along with Oath invitation says that). They don't send the certificate to US. You need to provide a Canadian address.
Will you have to wait in Canada for the certificate to arrive in order to issue a Canadian passport before you are able to go back to the US?
In other words are we stuck in Canada until we have issued the Canadian passport or can we leave and enter by land using the Record of landing (since the PR card should be destroyed during the oath ceremony)?

manu77

May 26, 2022
Will you have to wait in Canada for the certificate to arrive in order to issue a Canadian passport before you are able to go back to the US?
In other words are we stuck in Canada until we have issued the Canadian passport or can we leave and enter by land using the Record of landing (since the PR card should be destroyed during the oath ceremony)?
You can leave canada immedialy after virtual oath if it so urgent , you do not need ur pr card to exit canada ..and your citizenship cert will be drop inside the mail box by canada post and anybody in same address can pick it up and ship it to you anywhere in the world and you can apply canada passport at any canada embassy in the world

imranahmed10

Jul 17, 2013
Hello Friends,
does anyone know how the citizenship certificate is mailed? is it by courier or Canada post . does someone need to collect it in-person ?

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
No. You dont need to stay in Canada until you receive your certificate. I left the very next day. They will send your certificate to your Canadian address (for me it was my friends address).

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
"We have your signed oath form, we see you did ceremony on this and that date. Certificate is printed..just not dispatched yet. Keep sending emails to your oath office if you need it urgently." Nothing happened, Fine, story of past! Let's move on. Hope I get it in 6 weeks, 3 weeks already went by.

Called support center today. To my surprise and utter shock, this agent said your signed oath form was only uploaded to system yesterday. WTF

I was like but I sent it originally on second week of October 5 minutes after the ceremony. She said no, nothing was uploaded. I told her all the previous agents said signed oath form already uploaded there. Why would they say that then?? Where did the original signed oath form email go? I also got an auto reply. She said I am not sure. She guaranteed me that it was uploaded yesterday. Even gave me her name and agent ID to give me confidence it was indeed uploaded to system yesterday.

This is how IRCC call center or the Winnipeg Office works. This is how they play with our future and files. Unbelievable. 6 weeks of wait effective yesterday. so total 9 weeks for a certificate that was supposed to be urgent.

Hope you get it this time. This is frustrating.

send them a notice after you get your passport and ask them for damages

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Citizenship ceremony: November 3rd
Online application status completed: Nov 8th
Citizenship certificate: Waiting

Alok06

Apr 14, 2018
Citizenship ceremony: Oct 31
Online application status completed: Nov 4th

Can customer care tell if the certificate is mailed ? Do i need to ask this question to the email ID (one which i sent declaration form to ) ?

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can customer care tell if the certificate is mailed ? Do i need to ask this question to the email ID (one which i sent declaration form to ) ?

friday or monday you will get certificates....cheers

Doom__V

May 6, 2018

Based on other posters they mark application as complete only after the certs are mailed.
That is my understanding. You should get them soon

all the best and keep us posted

Last edited: