+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
If someone could give an answer, it would be great. Can we take a Oath from US and getting the citizenship certificate mailed to US address? Anybody had this issue?

Regards
I’m not sure you can. When I took the oath they made sure to double check with me that I was in Canada during registration. You’re better off asking them to be certain.

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
I sent another email to the same email address I sent the oath affirmation asking about urgent dispatch again. I just got a response from them asking for supporting documentation to show I have urgent travel needs. I just sent them my flight ticket in hopes they can send it sooner.

In case it’s helpful to someone else, asking for urgent in registration may not be enough. Attach a flight ticket pdf along with oath of affirmation asking for urgent processing.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I sent another email to the same email address I sent the oath affirmation asking about urgent dispatch again. I just got a response from them asking for supporting documentation to show I have urgent travel needs. I just sent them my flight ticket in hopes they can send it sooner.

In case it’s helpful to someone else, asking for urgent in registration may not be enough. Attach a flight ticket pdf along with oath of affirmation asking for urgent processing.

I attached my sister's wedding invite and flight tickets too, they still ignored it. :( Been 16 days since my oath. Not even dispatched yet. Online status is also in progress.

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Has your online oath status changed? Mine still says oath in progress! Oath was on 17th
Same new tracker still shows In Progress. and old ECAS tracker shows Decision Made. It’s not even closed yet and hasn’t been despatched. My oath was on 19th

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Same new tracker still shows In Progress. and old ECAS tracker shows Decision Made. It’s not even closed yet and despatched. My oath was on 19th
Same.

Oath In Progress.
Citizenship app: In progress.
Oath was on 17th!

I called them multiple times, certificate not dispatched yet.

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
If someone could give an answer, it would be great. Can we take a Oath from US and getting the citizenship certificate mailed to US address? Anybody had this issue?

Regards
I live in US. But went to Canada to take Oath last week as we need to be in Canada while taking Oath (The document which sends to us along with Oath invitation says that). They don't send the certificate to US. You need to provide a Canadian address.

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hi All - Quick question. We don't need to send the Oath form for the minor child; attending the Oath ceremony is optional. If yes, IRCC office will send the Citizenship certificate for the minor's automatically? Can someone please explain. Thanks

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Please,When you request for urgent certificate dispatch during oath ceremony ...the clerk request any proof abd you send proof??
clerk asked me the reason for urgency.. i told about one of my family member's medical condition in another country. he asked me to send the proof of the medical condition.. i sent the proof along with my air ticket.

Oath was on 2nd November and i got certificate today..

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
So 3 weeks went by, no sign of certificate dispatch. No online status update. I requested it urgently, that was ignored and missed my sibling marriage.
Caused a lot of emotional stress and flight cancellation money loss.
All the support center agents said same thing during that time:
"We have your signed oath form, we see you did ceremony on this and that date. Certificate is printed..just not dispatched yet. Keep sending emails to your oath office if you need it urgently." Nothing happened, Fine, story of past! Let's move on. Hope I get it in 6 weeks, 3 weeks already went by.

IT DID NOT JUST END THERE!

Yesterday, they sent me an email asking for my signed oath form again after 3 weeks of oath ceremony. I was like, that's very weird. I still sent it.
Called support center today. To my surprise and utter shock, this agent said your signed oath form was only uploaded to system yesterday. WTF

I was like but I sent it originally on second week of October 5 minutes after the ceremony. She said no, nothing was uploaded. I told her all the previous agents said signed oath form already uploaded there. Why would they say that then?? Where did the original signed oath form email go? I also got an auto reply. She said I am not sure. She guaranteed me that it was uploaded yesterday. Even gave me her name and agent ID to give me confidence it was indeed uploaded to system yesterday.

This is how IRCC call center or the Winnipeg Office works. This is how they play with our future and files. Unbelievable. 6 weeks of wait effective yesterday. so total 9 weeks for a certificate that was supposed to be urgent.

Lastly, what did I do wrong to deserve this kind of torture? :(

Last edited: