+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Janya

Oct 13, 2021
Hello. I did my citizenship ceremony on October 17 2022 and my portal was updated to all complete October 25, 2022 and I haven't received citizenship certificate yet. Any idea how long it'll take to get the certificate mailed?

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hello. I did my citizenship ceremony on October 17 2022 and my portal was updated to all complete October 25, 2022 and I haven't received citizenship certificate yet. Any idea how long it'll take to get the certificate mailed?
What is your oath office?

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I had my oath on 17th Oct and in old tracker status changed to complete and I see you became a citizen on 17th. But in new tracker ceremony is still in progress. My virtual oath was in Mississauga office, the city where I live. I know it says 2-4 weeks for certificate. any thoughts on how I can expedite certificate if I dnt get it in next day or two.

Thanks,
Vishal
Your new tracker will most likely update tomorrow. Check after 7am. They probably just shipped your certificate so hopefully you’ll get it in a week or so.

Reactions: bakshivishal

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
My sister already got married on Tuesday. I watched her wedding over video call. :(
That must be difficult I am sure. I did my oath ceremony with the Winnipeg office on October 11. More than 2 weeks, no "completed" and of course no oath letter in the mail yet.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
That must be difficult I am sure. I did my oath ceremony with the Winnipeg office on October 11. More than 2 weeks, no "completed" and of course no oath letter in the mail yet.

What does your ceremony status say?

My ceremony is still in progress as per the tracker. lol it was on 17th

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I had my oath on 17th Oct and in old tracker status changed to complete and I see you became a citizen on 17th. But in new tracker ceremony is still in progress. My virtual oath was in Mississauga office, the city where I live. I know it says 2-4 weeks for certificate. any thoughts on how I can expedite certificate if I dnt get it in next day or two.

Thanks,
Vishal
Did the new tracker ever update?

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022

Thanks,
Vishal

Same here. October 17th Oath. Winnipeg office.

Tracker says: Ceremony in progress. No certificate dispatch either when I called IRCC. :(

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Today I received my Citizenship certificate. The certificate was posted on October 24th based on the date on the envelope.
Forum members, thanks a lot for your help and support.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Oath date: 17th October 2022
Oath office (virtual): Winnipeg

Online Status: Oath in progress
Certificate dispatched: No
Received: No
Any change in online status: No

:(