softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My wife completed her oath-taking ceremony on 15 March 2022. Immediately after she took her oath she sent her current address to the email address Scarborough IRCC office, but still, she hasn't received her citizenship certificate. We had an address change issue. During her citizenship application the address she used, we moved from that location in August 2021. After we moved, she tried to change her address on (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasestatus.do), but it didn't work. Then she tried the IRCC Webform, but the address didn't change. At this point, someone from the Canadavisa forum suggested that the address can be changed during the oath-taking ceremony. As a part of this, she replied to the email address the Scarborough IRCC office used and let them know about her new address. But we waited from March 15 to April 30 total of 6 weeks, the certificate did arrive. At the end of April, we moved to another new address and raised a Webform on 4th May stating my latest address. Also, let them know about my all address change during the application. In response, she only got an automated reply from the IRCC. Usually, they reply again after an automated reply. But still, she doesn't get any further response from them. She tried to call many times last week at IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100) but the same reply all agents are busy. Can someone please tell us what we can do at this stage?

Thanks.
May be try contacting them through your MP.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My wife completed her oath-taking ceremony on 15 March 2022. Immediately after she took her oath she sent her current address to the email address Scarborough IRCC office, but still, she hasn't received her citizenship certificate. We had an address change issue. During her citizenship application the address she used, we moved from that location in August 2021. After we moved, she tried to change her address on (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasestatus.do), but it didn't work. Then she tried the IRCC Webform, but the address didn't change. At this point, someone from the Canadavisa forum suggested that the address can be changed during the oath-taking ceremony. As a part of this, she replied to the email address the Scarborough IRCC office used and let them know about her new address. But we waited from March 15 to April 30 total of 6 weeks, the certificate did arrive. At the end of April, we moved to another new address and raised a Webform on 4th May stating my latest address. Also, let them know about my all address change during the application. In response, she only got an automated reply from the IRCC. Usually, they reply again after an automated reply. But still, she doesn't get any further response from them. She tried to call many times last week at IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100) but the same reply all agents are busy. Can someone please tell us what we can do at this stage?

Thanks.
The certificate did arrive? Was that a typo?

Btw, I would try to keep the address and try not involve any address change if I were you.

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
The certificate did arrive? Was that a typo?

Btw, I would try to keep the address and try not involve any address change if I were you.
Hi, it was a typo, we haven't received the certificate yet. We recently bought a property, so, we need to change the address.

Thanks.

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Oath on May 18 (Mississauga). No certificate yet. Friend did oath on May 17 (Mississauga). He got certificate on May 26. Anyone else in a similar situation?

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Oath on May 18 (Mississauga). No certificate yet. Friend did oath on May 17 (Mississauga). He got certificate on May 26. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Hi Summaiya - a question...Did You get email delivery confirmation from Mississauga office after sending them the signed oath of citizenship form ? My wife sent her oath of citizenship form to mississauga office on May 25th but didn't receive any email delivery confirmation yet.

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Hi Summaiya - a question...Did You get email delivery confirmation from Mississauga office after sending them the signed oath of citizenship form ? My wife sent her oath of citizenship form to mississauga office on May 25th but didn't receive any email delivery confirmation yet.
There was no email confirmation. But the online tracker showed complete after around 5 days. Mississauga is a very fast office. However, it's surprising that we haven't' received it.

Reactions: JustCitizen

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Did anyone who did oath before May 15 still waiting for certificate - Mississauga? Thanks
Oath was on may 17th still waiting for certificate

Reactions: summaiya_t

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
My Oath Ceremony is schedule on June 22, today I called IRCC for address change, as per agent if that's the case and If I change the address, then auth ceremony might get reschedule due to address change as my local office processing my file move the file to different office.
Now I moved to new location just recently and if I show my Driving license during oath ceremony will it cause any issue ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My Oath Ceremony is schedule on June 22, today I called IRCC for address change, as per agent if that's the case and If I change the address, then auth ceremony might get reschedule due to address change as my local office processing my file move the file to different office.
Now I moved to new location just recently and if I show my Driving license during oath ceremony will it cause any issue ?
I dont know if this will trigger file transfer at this stage but you should update the address before oath.
My wife's certificate reached to old address even though we gave new address in the oath form email hence sometimes cic is sending the certificate to old address. I think that some got the certificate to new address even though they had old address on file and some officers send it to new address which is being sent with the oath form. But seems its not happening 100%.
To avoid this issue one needs to have right address on file before oath. If we miss the certificate then getting the proof from cic again will take another 1.5 to 2 years.

Reactions: summaiya_t

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
I dont know if this will trigger file transfer at this stage but you should update the address before oath.
My wife's certificate reached to old address even though we gave new address in the oath form email hence sometimes cic is sending the certificate to old address. I think that some got the certificate to new address even though they had old address on file and some officers send it to new address which is being sent with the oath form. But seems its not happening 100%.
To avoid this issue one needs to have right address on file before oath. If we miss the certificate then getting the proof from cic again will take another 1.5 to 2 years.
Mr Mohan, do you know if Canada post does forwarding of the certificate . Because PR cards are not forwarded. But are citizenship certificates forwarded. And yes getting a replacement certificate takes 17 months.