+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
I don't think so. For changes like jobs, they only care about the eligibility period

Work history in application is historical information. It does not change. (It may be different than that reported, in which case it is subject to correction, but that is not because the work history changed, it is because it had errors.)

Address history, likewise. Travel history, likewise. Historical. These are reported for the eligibility period. As of the date the application is made that is historical, past tense information. The past does not change (even though our accounts of it might).

Current residential address, that is something which can change. If that changes, if the applicant moves to live in a different dwelling place, the applicant has an obligation to timely inform IRCC of this.

Events or circumstances related to prohibitions include present tense declarations, like "are you on probation?" or "do you have criminal charges pending?" The response to these and other parts of item 16 can change and thus, likewise, if they do (say the applicant is arrested on domestic violence charges the night before the oath ceremony) the applicant is obligated to promptly notify IRCC of this (failure to disclose being charged with a crime while the application is in process, even just the day before the oath, is perhaps the most likely misrepresentation to be prosecuted as a misrepresentation, sooner or later).

The applicant may, however, be asked questions about current employment during the interview. (This, so far as I have discerned, is actually one of the more common interview questions, along the lines: "are you employed?" or "are you still employed," or "where do you work?")

Thats what I thought.. thanks for confirming

KANW09

Feb 27, 2018
To apply for citizenship does only the primary applicant have to have completed 1095 days or even the family members. I am applying for myself and my wife, daughter was born here so is already a citizen by birth, I complete 1095 days before my wife who will have to wait for another 90 days to complete 1095 days of presence. If we are applying as a family will I have to wait till my wife completes 1095 days?

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys my journey to be a canadian citizen is done. I just did my oath ceremony this morning. It was awesome. Thanks to all of u. Gudluck to all

Oct 12 - app sent
Oct 16 - app received
Nov 9 - aor
Nov 22 - In Process
Dec 20- FP request
Dec 21 - test invite
Jan 10 - test held
Jan 12 - FP done
Jan 25 - FP received by cic vancouver
Jan 31 - DM
Feb 9 - oath invite
Feb 27 - oath ceremony

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Guys my journey to be a canadian citizen is done. I just did my oath ceremony this morning. It was awesome. Thanks to all of u. Gudluck to all

Oct 12 - app sent
Oct 16 - app received
Nov 9 - aor
Nov 22 - In Process
Dec 20- FP request
Dec 21 - test invite
Jan 10 - test held
Jan 12 - FP done
Jan 31 - DM
Feb 9 - oath invite
Feb 27 - oath ceremony
Congrats - good to know Vancouver office is moving

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014

Oct 12 - app sent
Oct 16 - app received
Nov 9 - aor
Nov 22 - In Process
Dec 20- FP request
Dec 21 - test invite
Jan 10 - test held
Jan 12 - FP done
Jan 31 - DM
Feb 9 - oath invite
Feb 27 - oath ceremony
Congratulations! Enjoy!!

Did you need your current passport for the oath ceremony?

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Hi guys, I would like to know how you have filled Qstn-11? In the same table or attached seperate sheet?

I find the width of the table cells very small. Many single words are extending to next line which doesn't look nice. Also, if you have to explain something, it will take many lines.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Two more questions :

Since many of you have completed the process sucessfully and many others are reaching that stage, your suggestions will be very valuable.

In Qstn-No 11 (dealing with summer break of students under 18 years)

My son was under 18 year old, till 2015 and and then adult.

During 2013 and till May 14 before we landed in Canada, he was a school student in India. In India, summer break is usually two months and students do not use to have summer employment at that age. Moreover, they are enrolled continuously in the school.

So, my questions are :

(1) Can I show his student status in India continuously during that period, without seperate entries for school year and summer breaks?

(2) I think, after reaching Canada, when he used to have co-op/ internship etc during summer breaks, seperate entries for academic terms, summer breaks are required, Right?

Thanks in advance !!! :)

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Question! My husband started a second job after sending in his application. He has a T4 for both jobs. Does CIC need to be informed of the new job before his interview? If so, does he need to call (and wait for days :p ) or just submit a web form message?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To apply for citizenship does only the primary applicant have to have completed 1095 days or even the family members. I am applying for myself and my wife, daughter was born here so is already a citizen by birth, I complete 1095 days before my wife who will have to wait for another 90 days to complete 1095 days of presence. If we are applying as a family will I have to wait till my wife completes 1095 days?
Yes you would have to wait until your wife qualifies if you want to apply together.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Question! My husband started a second job after sending in his application. He has a T4 for both jobs. Does CIC need to be informed of the new job before his interview? If so, does he need to call (and wait for days :p ) or just submit a web form message?
No, that is not necessary, as that's not part of the period IRCC is reviewing. They are looking at what you did during the five years up to the point you submitted the application for citizenship, not what happens next.

You would need to tell IRCC if your address changes, or if you become prohibited under the Citizenship Act (i.e. any of the situations listed in question 16 in CIT0002), but a job started after the application was submitted is not something they need to know.

(I'd recommend you take the documentation with you when you have your interview, so if current employment comes up during the interview you've got that on hand)

Reactions: ultra_violet

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys, I would like to know how you have filled Qstn-11? In the same table or attached seperate sheet?

I find the width of the table cells very small. Many single words are extending to next line which doesn't look nice. Also, if you have to explain something, it will take many lines.
I answered the question using the form.
If I had needed to provide more extensive information, I think I'd try to put all the basic information in the form itself, and then have the longer explanations on a separate piece of paper -- that way the officer reviewing the form still has a good overview of the essentials just based on the form.

I don't think there's a wrong way of doing it, as long as you provide clear, complete, and accurate information.

Two more questions :

Since many of you have completed the process sucessfully and many others are reaching that stage, your suggestions will be very valuable.

In Qstn-No 11 (dealing with summer break of students under 18 years)

My son was under 18 year old, till 2015 and and then adult.

During 2013 and till May 14 before we landed in Canada, he was a school student in India. In India, summer break is usually two months and students do not use to have summer employment at that age. Moreover, they are enrolled continuously in the school.

So, my questions are :

(1) Can I show his student status in India continuously during that period, without seperate entries for school year and summer breaks?

(2) I think, after reaching Canada, when he used to have co-op/ internship etc during summer breaks, seperate entries for academic terms, summer breaks are required, Right?

Thanks in advance !!! :)
Yes, just listing "from (start of schoolyear) 2013 to May 2014 -- school name -- secondary school -- ..." would be fine.

You can list each individual term for his secondary school career in Canada, but it may be more straightforward to have one entry for school, and then list the summer activities as separate lines, so you'd have something like:
  • September 2015 to June 201x -- School Name -- High School -- ...
  • July 2016 to August 2016 -- Employer -- Co-op placement -- ...
That said, that is just my own preference. Doing it the other way:
  • September 2015 to June 2016 -- School Name -- High School -- ...
  • September 2015 to June 2017 -- School Name -- High School -- ...
  • July 2017 to July 2017 -- Employer -- Internship -- ...
  • August 2017 to August 2017 -- N/A -- Summer holiday -- ...
is fine as well. The important thing is that there are no gaps, so every month should be accounted for. (That is why, in my second example, I list a "summer holiday" -- to make sure there's no gap between activities)

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I answered the question using the form.
If I had needed to provide more extensive information, I think I'd try to put all the basic information in the form itself, and then have the longer explanations on a separate piece of paper -- that way the officer reviewing the form still has a good overview of the essentials just based on the form.

I don't think there's a wrong way of doing it, as long as you provide clear, complete, and accurate information.

Yes, just listing "from (start of schoolyear) 2013 to May 2014 -- school name -- secondary school -- ..." would be fine.

You can list each individual term for his secondary school career in Canada, but it may be more straightforward to have one entry for school, and then list the summer activities as separate lines, so you'd have something like:
  • September 2015 to June 201x -- School Name -- High School -- ...
That said, that is just my own preference. Doing it the other way:
  • September 2015 to June 2016 -- School Name -- High School -- ...
  • September 2015 to June 2017 -- School Name -- High School -- ...
  • July 2017 to July 2017 -- Employer -- Internship -- ...
  • August 2017 to August 2017 -- N/A -- Summer holiday -- ...
is fine as well. The important thing is that there are no gaps, so every month should be accounted for. (That is why, in my second example, I list a "summer holiday" -- to make sure there's no gap between activities)
Thanks @btbt for the detailed explanation. Sounds good !
Your suggestions are really helpful :)

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Do we need to have our current passport for the oath ceremony? I am planning to send my passport for renewal right after my test and as it will take some time to get it back, I was wondering if my current passport is needed for the oath ceremony?

Thanks,
Its better to keep passport for identity. After oath you will get Canadian so why renew.

Reactions: arian_arian

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
1095 days is for each person applying for citizenship.