+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Hey guys, I just realized that I made mistake in one of the addresses for where I live in Canada, its not a big mistake, I forgot to put house number but have the street and zip correct. How do I correct this? I have my interview in few days. Do I just wait and tell the officer in the interview?
When have AOR , go online and update address. link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Need to put your personal info to login

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I don't think so. For changes like jobs, they only care about the eligibility period
Work history in application is historical information. It does not change. (It may be different than that reported, in which case it is subject to correction, but that is not because the work history changed, it is because it had errors.)

Address history, likewise. Travel history, likewise. Historical. These are reported for the eligibility period. As of the date the application is made that is historical, past tense information. The past does not change (even though our accounts of it might).

Current residential address, that is something which can change. If that changes, if the applicant moves to live in a different dwelling place, the applicant has an obligation to timely inform IRCC of this.

Events or circumstances related to prohibitions include present tense declarations, like "are you on probation?" or "do you have criminal charges pending?" The response to these and other parts of item 16 can change and thus, likewise, if they do (say the applicant is arrested on domestic violence charges the night before the oath ceremony) the applicant is obligated to promptly notify IRCC of this (failure to disclose being charged with a crime while the application is in process, even just the day before the oath, is perhaps the most likely misrepresentation to be prosecuted as a misrepresentation, sooner or later).

The applicant may, however, be asked questions about current employment during the interview. (This, so far as I have discerned, is actually one of the more common interview questions, along the lines: "are you employed?" or "are you still employed," or "where do you work?")
Hi guys,
I have changed job 3 times in the last year, do you think that will delay my application processing ?

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
No, that is not necessary, as that's not part of the period IRCC is reviewing. They are looking at what you did during the five years up to the point you submitted the application for citizenship, not what happens next.

You would need to tell IRCC if your address changes, or if you become prohibited under the Citizenship Act (i.e. any of the situations listed in question 16 in CIT0002), but a job started after the application was submitted is not something they need to know.

(I'd recommend you take the documentation with you when you have your interview, so if current employment comes up during the interview you've got that on hand)
Thanks!!

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Good morning everyone,

So my and my wife's application have been in process since Dec 19th. This morning I checked my E-CAS and found the below statement. My wife doesn't have any thing other than her application is in process since Dec 19:

We sent you correspondence on February 27, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Does anyone know what could this be ?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Good morning everyone,

So my and my wife's application have been in process since Dec 19th. This morning I checked my E-CAS and found the below statement. My wife doesn't have any thing other than her application is in process since Dec 19:

We sent you correspondence on February 27, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

This is usually a request for fingerprints. You'll get a letter in the mail soon about it. Don't worry..it seems to be happening for every other application nowadays. :)

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
**URGENT HELP**PLEASE READ**

Please advise...
First of all.... I know my app is well within time frame, every application is different etc. etc.

I am Oct 16th applicant from Regina, SK with very simple application (Straight forward 1540+ days, NOT common name, only two trip outside CA)
Almost all similar timeline applicant including applicants from later dates got test invites except me dated Mar 1st & 2nd. I have help preparing few of my friends app (Submitted later) got test invite.
Should I be worried?!?
They are temporarily arranging test/interview in Regina on those 2 dates and almost everyone I know from here got test invite.
What could go wrong??
FYI, silly question...When I applied I accidentally paid twice due to glitch and submitted both receipt with explanation letter requesting ONE refund. Later discovered refund procedure and claimed one back. Is there something related to this for the delay???

Sorry for being sarcastic..but I am worried.....
Please advise....
@Niloy001 did you got the test invite yet ? I am in same situation like you. My app went in process dec 14 and have heard nothing since then

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Good morning everyone,

finger print request 80 % ..

rashcanada

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Toronto
Any Brampton people called immigration office to get the status?

I've tried 2-3 times & it disconnects the call saying that there is a long queue & call later