+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Do not worry every case is different even if she was your wife you can check with other people who took more time for Decision made .. there is no reason for it but some take longer than others for no reason .. its few days and you ll see DM that is normal ..

I would like to know .. How did you check with RCMP that the finger print was sent the next day ?
How did you check with IRCC later ?
Can you share your experience as I need to confirm my finger prints as well
I wrote to RCMP by email and I got their written response.
I also called IRCC phone number and she put me on hold until she checked and told me they received my finger print

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Nothing is wrong. Your background check is likely still in progress and is taking longer. Everyone's case is different.

Why is it frustrating and depressing ?
Because I don’t know why it is getting delayed in my case when I had all my papers ready and when I did my FP immediately after receiving the request. We did not leave Canada for a single day since we came here so I thought any background check should be easier and faster but apparently it does not make any difference whether we were living here all the time or travelling abroad significantly!

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
I wrote to RCMP by email and I got their written response.
I also called IRCC phone number and she put me on hold until she checked and told me they received my finger print
So If I call 2 days after the finger print should be fine or should I wait more timrb? .. the agency told me it takes 3 days

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Because I don’t know why it is getting delayed in my case when I had all my papers ready and when I did my FP immediately after receiving the request. We did not leave Canada for a single day since we came here so I thought any background check should be easier and faster but apparently it does not make any difference whether we were living here all the time or travelling abroad significantly!
leaving Canada or not is just for eligibility check. Background check is very involved. It includes checks done by various agencies other than IRCC, like CSIS, and the RCMP.

You can read more about it here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Your application is proceeding at a great rate already. A lot of us applied around the same time as you, some earlier, and we don't even have a test date yet.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Hey all, I would like to know if anyone actually received the test invitation by printed postal email or has everyone received the invitation by e-mail so far?
Test invitation is by mail post through Canada Post. They need original letter at time of Test/interview . eCAS is updated only with time and date, The location address is in the mailed letter. If not received after update in eCAS please call CIC call centre to confirm to receive the letter. Its also mentioned in eCAS.

leicesterguy

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys, does anyone know that we should bring the test invitation letter which is mailed when we take the exam, or just print out the one which is sent by email?

I checked my status on the CIC website, it says I should bring the one which will be mailed to me, and says if I haven't received before test date, I should contact them. However, in the email which I received earlier said I could just print that letter out and bring it with me on the test day.

I am confused...

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi guys, does anyone know that we should bring the test invitation letter which is mailed when we take the exam, or just print out the one which is sent by email?

I checked my status on the CIC website, it says I should bring the one which will be mailed to me, and says if I haven't received before test date, I should contact them. However, in the email which I received earlier said I could just print that letter out and bring it with me on the test day.

I am confused...
If you received the test invite by email, you won't be receiving another one by regular mail. You'll need to print the email attachment and take with you.

Reactions: leicesterguy

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016

I am confused...
Yes Pl. Also this letter details all the original documents you submitted with the application and more if they require with certified translations wherever its not in English or French including passport stamps. Pl call CIC to get their letter and confirm your doubts.

Reactions: leicesterguy

TUD

Aug 17, 2016
Hi

I am applying for my minor kids along with my application for citizenship.Please help me for following queries.

1.Do both parents need to sign on kids application form,though only one of them is applying for citizenship along with kids.

2.Documents check list for kids ask for 2 pieces of child personal identification one being photo ID - What docs would qualify in for ID.

3.Photo copies of biographical pages of passport need to be submitted-- Do we need to send photocopies of pages where stamps and visa were put in by immigration authorities.

4. With regard to question 9 C for adults which ask -- If u have lived outside Canada during eligibility period then do we click on yes or no. I have lived outside Canada for 510 days during eligibility period , so do I say yes or no.I had asked this question on this forum and someone replied click yes and fill form CIT 0177 and say NA.

I had called CIC and agent said click No for 9 C as it is for people who worked as crown servants, but somewhere on this forum I had read that if you click, No ,your application would be returned.

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Mai I ask please how much delay to expect in average as s result of FP? RCMP already didn’t thd results to IRCC the day after I did my FP Ana one week later IRCC confirmed on the phone that they received it. It is almost 2 weeks since IRCC got the FO results with no progress!

jasonB

Sep 7, 2013
Question 9c on the application form wants you to complete the 'residence outside canada form' if you lived outside canada during your eligibility period.
My concern is that non of the questions on the residence outside canada form applies to my spouse. Should I just fill her name and print and sign? Does anyone have experience with this?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Question 9c on the application form wants you to complete the 'residence outside canada form' if you lived outside canada during your eligibility period.
My concern is that non of the questions on the residence outside canada form applies to my spouse. Should I just fill her name and print and sign? Does anyone have experience with this?
And put "NA" in the boxes or across the body of the form.

There is a lot of discussion here about this. It is a poorly composed part of the application. There are various ideas about how to approach it. Many agree with the approach you suggest and adding "NA" to the form, and that should suffice.