+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had invited in citizenship oath ceremony in 2015 but due to my personal circumstance, I had withdrawn my citizenship in 2015. I am planning to apply for citizenship now again. In my case, any one knows if I should check yes for question 3(Have you applied for Canadian Citizenship before?)
I've been trying to call CIC but couldn't reach them since my last call.
It’s not a trick question! It asks, have you applied for citizenship before? The answer appears to be yes. Why on earth would you consider saying no if you have in fact applied?

Reactions: anasja2000

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not mean to email the Minister because I did not get AOR in 7 weeks; you got it wrong. I was thinking of informing the Minister to follow with the IRCC so that their officers process files as they are received like: FIFO and not random file processing as they choose. Please use proper words and look at your verbiage while using words like: 'next level of lunancy' (should be lunacy btw)
I beleive, what I mentioned has all levels of sanity in it.
FIFO can only work so well. Piles must land on officers desks. Those officers may have other applications ahead. Another office may have no work load ahead and may start processing that new bundle. They are doing a good job based on the volume. You need to be patient.

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
I did not mean to email the Minister because I did not get AOR in 7 weeks; you got it wrong. I was thinking of informing the Minister to follow with the IRCC so that their officers process files as they are received like: FIFO and not random file processing as they choose. Please use proper words and look at your verbiage while using words like: 'next level of lunancy' (should be lunacy btw)
I beleive, what I mentioned has all levels of sanity in it.
... when you point out someone's error, be sure to fix yours first, haha! - It's believe, not your "beleive"

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
FIFO can only work so well. Piles must land on officers desks. Those officers may have other applications ahead. Another office may have no work load ahead and may start processing that new bundle. They are doing a good job based on the volume. You need to be patient.
As long as files are piled based on FIFO, no matter what officers are handling them at what situation, they would be easily processed according to the manner they are being received.

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
The FIFO system will be tough to do especially with a ton of application coming in. Hopefully when they move off to electronic submission forms, we won't have this issue anymore. Everything will be in one big queue sorted by date and we will hopefully never have this issue again...

Reactions: salimnw

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as files are piled based on FIFO, no matter what officers are handling them at what situation, they would be easily processed according to the manner they are being received.
That would only work with 1 officer, or with an incredibly slow workflow process which no government agency is going to buy into.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That would only work with 1 officer, or with an incredibly slow workflow process which no government agency is going to buy into.
All that’s done in Sydney is a manual paper completeness check. If all of the applications were scanned into the system electronically at this point I’d agree, but they aren’t. So we need to bring it back down to earth and focus on reality.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hey guys.. Just saying.. this is not a forum to criticize anyone for how they react to a delay, but it's not a platform to create panic among others. People at IRCC are doing their job I'm sure- let's just be patient. And for ones who are worrying, lets just be emphatic towards each other. I don't see the point of saying anything mean to someone if you don't like what they have to say- Let's stick to "If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything" :) It's just my 2 cents. Good luck with everything guys! Sooner or Later..It'll happen for everyone :D

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
The FIFO system will be tough to do especially with a ton of application coming in. Hopefully when they move off to electronic submission forms, we won't have this issue anymore. Everything will be in one big queue sorted by date and we will hopefully never have this issue again...

All that’s done in Sydney is a manual paper completeness check. If all of the applications were scanned into the system electronically at this point I’d agree, but they aren’t. So we need to bring it back down to earth and focus on reality.
As they receive files, they do actually digitally record them in CIC, NS Office too, to keep track.
It's not like they receive the files and just dump them in a big box and then they open them from a big box where files are kept haphazardly, and randomly dumped in.That is what I meant and yes definitely I am going to email the local MP and also Immigration Minister of this issue to address future application in a more prudent and rational manner so that applicants worrying over 8 weeks for their AORs like me, have less suffering to know about the whereabouts of their application status and are free of the fear of sending applications twice or 3rd time as many are doing now!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As they receive files, they do actually digitally record them in CIC, NS Office too, to keep track.
It's not like they receive the files and just dump them in a big box and then they open them from a big box where files are kept haphazardly, and randomly dumped in.That is what I meant and yes definitely I am going to email the local MP and also Immigration Minister of this issue to address future application in a more prudent and rational manner so that applicants worrying over 8 weeks for their AORs like me, have less suffering to know about the whereabouts of their application status and are free of the fear of sending applications twice or 3rd time as many are doing now!
Only if it’s deemed to be complete - then it’s moved to a local IRCC office. Otherwise it’s returned with no note on the system.

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
But if that's the case, why when people call the office, they say they can't find anything and then after a few days, AOR pops up out of nowhere? Maybe their staff just need more training?

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
But if that's the case, why when people call the office, they say they can't find anything and then after a few days, AOR pops up out of nowhere? Maybe their staff just need more training?
I don't think the CIC Phone agents are directly connected to the NS office. they can only provide useful info once AORs are sent over to applicants.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
We can all do one thing at least as IRCC usually replies back twitter on time,maybe we can tweet our issues and difficulties to them so that they can address them.