+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I asked the agent just one simple question, which could not answer as nobody else can, and she gave me just a suggestion; that: they receive files and keep piling them, then put or keep them in different boxes, then deliver them to groups of officers to work on each box.
Your suggestion that "my two application bot buried under piles of other applications", is likely acceptable, but how most people applied on 18 and 23 got their AORs?
You will not believe it; I called yesterday while I preparing the third physical calculator, and I called CIC to confirm my entry date to Canada, which was my start date in my job, as May 1st, 2013 but she told me that it May 6th. I told her that I have the stamp and the officer's hand-writing on the passport show that it May 1st. She told me when you apply for the 3rd time attach a picture of your passport.
Please stop crossposting the same post to several threads.

Seat back, relax, count to ten, then do nothing.

Read a book, spend time with wife or kids, do hobby, time will pass faster.

I

Imam Gomaa

What the agent said about placing applications in boxes and delivering to officers to work on them, makes perfect sense. Keep in mind that this is vacation season. Perhaps, some october files were delivered to an agent who is taking time-off, OR took time-off and is now trying to catch up. Also, of course each officer is working at their own pace .. some faster than others. This is the only logical explanation and it fits.

My application was delivered on 13th Oct along with several others on this forum. A lot of them got AORs 2-3 weeks before me, while some are still waiting. Clearly, there is no pattern.
That agent told me that vacation will be only 2 or 3 days. That's all.
Anyway, I appreciated every word the forum members told me.
I hope everyone receives whatever he wishes for soon, including me.

I

Imam Gomaa

Please stop crossposting the same post to several threads.

Seat back, relax, count to ten, then do nothing.

Read a book, spend time with wife or kids, do hobby, time will pass faster.
I appreciate your advice.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
That agent told me that vacation will be only 2 or 3 days. That's all.
Anyway, I appreciated every word the forum members told me.
I hope everyone receives whatever he wishes for soon, including me.
2-3 days are stat holidays, but officers are allowed to take time off and some are probably taking a week or more off to spend with their families.

Hope you and all others waiting get their AORs soon. Hopefully, we would all be citizens of this wonderful and welcoming country in the new year!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi,

Can you please share the website for Citizenship Test Preparation
Some 3rd party website that can help you prepare for Citizenship Test. Good Luck

http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca (Free Quiz and you can purchase more for $29) Free & Paid
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz (Study Guide nicely organized in section, Flashcard, and Quiz) - Free no purchase required
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/canada_citizen_test/ (Quiz Only) - Free
http://www.thecanadiantest.com/citizenship-test/14 (Study Guide and Quiz) - Free
http://www.onlinecitizenshiptest.ca/ (Access to all chapters and quiz for 3 months for $15.99) - Paid
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ (Quiz only) - Free
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/ (Quiz only) - Free

Last edited:

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Dear All,
Sorry, I am posting this again. I posted it 11 days ago and since then I am checking my email every second and calling CIC call centre every day and submitted case inquiry twice. I did everything you can imagine. I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
CIC agent gave me two options: either to wait until mid-January or resubmit a third application. But I see that they moved forward and sending AORs to November applicants. I like to gain some more time as I have to go back to my country urgently.
Any advice?
Thanks
I hear you! I did the same thing you are doing now but the result is ZERO. I'm October 13 Applicant and did not received my AOR yet! There is no way you can push it! The advice I gave myself was " I will contact IRCC after 12 months from now ". Sounds crazy?
Sometimes things are like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention towards other things it will come and softly sit on your shoulder.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
To all those who are still waiting on October AOR, my application was signed for on the 17th October and i only got my official acceptance this evening. If you haven't gotten a rejection yet, if the CIC have told your application is lost, jut hang in there, it'll be found, it'll be registered and you will get your AOR. We can't tell them how to work but just believe that if things are correct, things will work out! Good luck to you all.

Reactions: anasja2000

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I asked the agent just one simple question, which could not answer as nobody else can, and she gave me just a suggestion; that: they receive files and keep piling them, then put or keep them in different boxes, then deliver them to groups of officers to work on each box.
Your suggestion that "my two application bot buried under piles of other applications", is likely acceptable, but how most people applied on 18 and 23 got their AORs?
You will not believe it; I called yesterday while I preparing the third physical calculator, and I called CIC to confirm my entry date to Canada, which was my start date in my job, as May 1st, 2013 but she told me that it May 6th. I told her that I have the stamp and the officer's hand-writing on the passport show that it May 1st. She told me when you apply for the 3rd time attach a picture of your passport.
You need to take it easy bud. You will get your AOR Based on 1st application. I know someone from this forum who got super impatient and started piling up applications and now have two applications in the system. Once in the system, you will have to formally go through withdrawing them and the info will stay with them. THey may cross reference and if any issues prop up you are sure to get an RQ. THose will be bigger problems to deal with then this. I can tell you that much.

The person who sent 2 applications is probably not very happy with his decision either, I presume.
Do not send another application.

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Dear All,
Sorry, I am posting this again. I posted it 11 days ago and since then I am checking my email every second and calling CIC call centre every day and submitted case inquiry twice. I did everything you can imagine. I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
CIC agent gave me two options: either to wait until mid-January or resubmit a third application. But I see that they moved forward and sending AORs to November applicants. I like to gain some more time as I have to go back to my country urgently.
Any advice?
Thanks
well, then that's true and calm most of us who's applications arrived on Oct 19 or 20 (I am one). If you look at the google sheet- it seems they are working on Oct. 19. And some people were lucky!

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Just off topic guys,

What is RQ?

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys. My local office is Cagary. I have noticed some people from Calgary who got AORs after me have their application went into IP...

I thought after receiving AOR its the process in sequence. Strange thing is some people who got AOR on November 23 went to IP on November 27th just in 4 days... and I am still waiting..... :(
and we are waiting for AOR since October 17, 2017.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
You need to take it easy bud. You will get your AOR Based on 1st application. I know someone from this forum who got super impatient and started piling up applications and now have two applications in the system. Once in the system, you will have to formally go through withdrawing them and the info will stay with them. THey may cross reference and if any issues prop up you are sure to get an RQ. THose will be bigger problems to deal with then this. I can tell you that much.

The person who sent 2 applications is probably not very happy with his decision either, I presume.
Do not send another application.
Damn it! I sent another application already. Do you know what's the formal withdrawal procedures??