+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
For those who insist on sending emails trying to bring ground shift changes in IRCC policy needs to know that there is a chain of command at IRCC. And citizenship program is merely one of the many programs they are responsible for. The live in care giver program has wait period of 56 months!
They are more worried about fixing those issues.
For anyone claiming otherwise, I would like to point to the changes that previous government has brought and streamlined the grant process.

Nothing to worry about good people. It'll all happen one day. Take some time off from this forum.

Paris971

Mar 12, 2017
Update please:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 14, 2017.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
If anybody wants to provide feedback, my friend who works in CIC always advised me to use this form to either provide your complaint or your compliment or any general comment too:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
I just provided them my comment: that we wish we had both the paper-based and online-based citizenship application process.
When a tool is already there, it does not hurt much, to provide them with our feedback to improve overall process! Alone we fall, united we succeed!
thank you.

Reactions: anasja2000

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
If anybody wants to provide feedback, my friend who works in CIC always advised me to use this form to either provide your complaint or your compliment or any general comment too:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
I just provided them my comment: that we wish we had both the paper-based and online-based citizenship application process.
When a tool is already there, it does not hurt much, to provide them with our feedback to improve overall process! Alone we fall, united we succeed!
thank you.
I remember discussing the online application option here a little while ago, and the conclusion is it won’t happen any time soon for basically 2 reasons: possible fraud and cut of union jobs

Reactions: salimnw

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
... If I were a citizenship officer, and I find multiple applications on my desk, for no serious obvious reasons, other than some applicant who can't wait/be patient, I will process that application for that same multiple as the number of times he sent fresh applications - So if you sent it twice, you will have to wait twice; three times, then 3x normal wait time, and so on...

I don't understand how people have lived in this country for at least 5 years, and still don't know how things work
This forum has just reached next level of lunancy and are going to email minister of citizenship because they did not receive their AOR yet.
This is unbelievable.
Seriously guys, you just stole my word!
This is insane and funny at the same time, lol
I guess very soon we will see email Justin for not having AOR or to change passport color to PINK!!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
is CIC working during Holiday Season as effectively??
Probably not because like most other government locations and indeed, like most companies, people deserve some time off during the holidays, no?

Reactions: rashcanada

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011

Skander80

Nov 10, 2017
Please update TimeSheet, (if i am there):

Application Submitted: October 26, 2017
Application Delivered: October 30, 2017
City: Montréal
Phisical Presence: +1500 days
+++ AOR: December 15 (i just received it)

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe
I

Imam Gomaa

Guys,
I just called the CIC call center and the agent confirmed that they are working on applications received on Nov. 1st and nothing left from October.
For those who kept telling us to be patient and keep/sit calm, what should we do now? I already sent two application and they were consecutively received on Oct. 19th and 23rd, yet neither AOR nor application. She confirmed also that there is nothing to do now, as they might be lost on their way back to you as the officer usually do not put a notice on the files returned.
I am going to send the third one and email the minister.
Thanks for those who were impolite to us and did not consider our fears and worries.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Guys,
I just called the CIC call center and the agent confirmed that they are working on applications received on Nov. 1st and nothing left from October.
For those who kept telling us to be patient and keep/sit calm, what should we do now? I already sent two application and they were consecutively received on Oct. 19th and 23rd, yet neither AOR nor application. She confirmed also that there is nothing to do now, as they might be lost on their way back to you as the officer usually do not put a notice on the files returned.
I am going to send the third one and email the minister.
Thanks for those who were impolite to us and did not consider our fears and worries.
You do realize that they have been saying that for the past 2 weeks, right ? 2 weeks ago, they said all Oct 13th-19th applications have been processed and also advised people to re-apply saying their applications were probably lost. And here we are 2 weeks later, Oct 12th and 13th applicants are still getting AOR.

Bottom line: call center agents are morons who have no idea what's going on at CPC-Sydney. Please do not call them till you get AOR. Ofcourse some agents have moved on to processing Nov 1st and onwards applications, but there are others working on clearing the backlog. Proof is this forum. Search for posts from 2 weeks ago and you'll know.

Ultimately, it's your call, but by sending a 3rd application you will simply be wasting your own time and money, and indirectly affecting everyone else.

Edit: here's more proof that those agents are clueless. @globalstar66, an Oct 13th applicant received AOR just today.

Last edited:

gokeeper

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
You do realize that they have been saying that for the past 2 weeks, right ? 2 weeks ago, they said all Oct 13th-19th applications have been processed and also advised people to re-apply saying their applications were probably lost. And here we are 2 weeks later, Oct 12th and 13th applicants are still getting AOR.

Bottom line: call center agents are morons who have no idea what's going on at CPC-Sydney. Please do not call them till you get AOR. Ofcourse some agents have moved on to processing Nov 1st and onwards applications, but there are others working on clearing the backlog. Proof is this forum. Search for posts from 2 weeks ago and you'll know.

Ultimately, it's your call, but by sending a 3rd application you will simply be wasting your own time and money, and indirectly affecting everyone else.

Edit: here's more proof that those agents are clueless. @globalstar66, an Oct 13th applicant received AOR just today.
He already had enough this kind of suggestion, just let him do whatever he want, spam CIC by sending one application package each week seems like a great idea..

Reactions: Marreco
I

Imam Gomaa

Thanks, man, what I want to know is where are my applications? One agent tells you since they are received according to the tracking number, then you got some assurance, while another tells you they might get lost since you did not receive anything till now.
Whom do you believe?
I think I have to be away from the form and got busy with something else till the mid-January, then I will decide what to do.
While you find some of the forum members are nice and supportive, you find others rough and need to learn how to approach other people since they are not in their shoes.