+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damn it! I sent another application already. Do you know what's the formal withdrawal procedures??
Also, to clarify, if you have two applications in the system - that means two payments have been taken. That means no refund.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Also, to clarify, if you have two applications in the system - that means two payments have been taken. That means no refund.
I sent the previous receipt, didn't make another payment. eventually, I am gonna have to wait for AOR of the previous app before I withdraw the second

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You won't get an opportunity to withdraw the 2nd one as the payment won't be valid. It will be returned to you. I can't tell you how frustrated I am reading these posts. You all need to stop putting in duplicate applications.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Just a random thought:

We can address the files which have been waiting over the 6 weeks estimated time, pending AORs. This is not just causing panic but also frustrations and despair to many applicants seeing applications delivered far later are getting AORs. I believe the Minister's office is not aware of this at all. To make things worse, CIC agents have never barely come with fruitful and precise information. I now see that CIC is not maintaining any queue, but rather randomly working on files without any synchronization with dates of the applications being received. I am myself waiting for over 7.5 weeks for AOR whereas they usually mention 4-6 weeks time for AOR receipt.

I have previously in the past corresponded with the Ministerial office: Hon. Ahmed Hussen (Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship).
AND THEY TAKE PERSONAL EMAILS VERY SERIOUSLY TO DELIVER A TIMELY RESPONSE.
We can personally send an email to the Minister HIMSELF addressing all our files and the issue that we are facing.

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels
E-mail: Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca

Is anybody here with me?
Please respond.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a random thought:

We can address the files which have been waiting over the 6 weeks estimated time, pending AORs. This is not just causing panic but also frustrations and despair to many applicants seeing applications delivered far later are getting AORs. I believe the Minister's office is not aware of this at all. To make things worse, CIC agents have never barely come with fruitful and precise information. I now see that CIC is not maintaining any queue, but rather randomly working on files without any synchronization with dates of the applications being received. I am myself waiting for over 7.5 weeks for AOR whereas they usually mention 4-6 weeks time for AOR receipt.

I have previously in the past corresponded with the Ministerial office: Hon. Ahmed Hussen (Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship).
We can personally send an email to the Minister HIMSELF addressing all our files and the issue that we are facing.

CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels

Is anybody here with me?
Please respond.
No, this is a dreadful idea. Look at the averages over the last 12 months. It’s perfectly normal to wait 1-3 months for AOR depending on volume of applicants.

This is the kind of nonsense that is causing delays. Just sit back, wait and chill. Nothing untoward, abnormal or strange is happening.

Reactions: nofrills

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Just a random thought:

Is anybody here with me?
Please respond.
Yes, I am also oct 13 applicant, no AOR yet. But sending individual email may not benefit, I also sent an email areould two or three weeks ago no response yet. But if you send email on behalf of all of us then it may work. We will share our Post/Mail tracking numbers with you. I mean sending one email on behalf of several applicant. If we send individual emails then you will get automatic response to contact your own member of parliament, the minister will not follow it.

Last edited:
Reactions: anasja2000

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
... If I were a citizenship officer, and I find multiple applications on my desk, for no serious obvious reasons, other than some applicant who can't wait/be patient, I will process that application for that same multiple as the number of times he sent fresh applications - So if you sent it twice, you will have to wait twice; three times, then 3x normal wait time, and so on...

I don't understand how people have lived in this country for at least 5 years, and still don't know how things work

Reactions: punjabimunda

Maffy01

Oct 24, 2017
Please update

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 14, 2017.

jummal7

Dec 15, 2017
I had invited in citizenship oath ceremony in 2015 but due to my personal circumstance, I had withdrawn my citizenship in 2015. I am planning to apply for citizenship now again. In my case, any one knows if I should check yes for question 3(Have you applied for Canadian Citizenship before?)
I've been trying to call CIC but couldn't reach them since my last call.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I had invited in citizenship oath ceremony in 2015 but due to my personal circumstance, I had withdrawn my citizenship in 2015. I am planning to apply for citizenship now again. In my case, any one knows if I should check yes for question 3(Have you applied for Canadian Citizenship before?)
I've been trying to call CIC but couldn't reach them since my last call.
I think it should be yes.

Reactions: salimnw

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Yes, I am also oct 13 applicant, no AOR yet. But sending individual email may not benefit, I also sent an email areould two or three weeks ago no response yet. But if you send email on behalf of all of us then it may work. We will share our Post/Mail tracking numbers with you. I mean sending one email on behalf of several applicant. If we send individual emails then you will get automatic response to contact your own member of parliament, the minister will not follow it.
This forum has just reached next level of lunancy and are going to email minister of citizenship because they did not receive their AOR yet.
This is unbelievable.
I did not mean to email the Minister because I did not get AOR in 7 weeks; you got it wrong. I was thinking of informing the Minister to follow with the IRCC so that their officers process files as they are received like: FIFO and not random file processing as they choose. Please use proper words and look at your verbiage while using words like: 'next level of lunancy' (should be lunacy btw)
I beleive, what I mentioned has all levels of sanity in it.

Reactions: Najimi