New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Family of six with four minor
Applications date 03/11/2017
Applications received 06/11
AOR dated 16/12/2017 for all
IP dated 22/01/2018 for all
Still waiting No news status since then in proses .
Richmond - BC
added you to the tracker..

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
The msg below was the last update on CIC website but I didn't receive anything by email. Do they send regular mail? I am also a little concerned what the information would be as I didn't leave the country except for one week in 6 years.

We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
There is a line in the Document Checklist on for Citizenship on Police Certificates that I think need to be modified after the most resent changes. there is a requirement for "Original police certificates or clearances from each country where you were present for a total of 183 days or more in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application". I think this should change to 3 years since someone like me have been here for just over 3 years but have never traveled out of Canada since I came here, why do I have to present another PCC from my original country when I have not been there since I became a Permanent Resident considering I presented a PCC before getting a PR and the PCC I will present now will not be different from that one.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
There is a line in the Document Checklist on for Citizenship on Police Certificates that I think need to be modified after the most resent changes. there is a requirement for "Original police certificates or clearances from each country where you were present for a total of 183 days or more in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application". I think this should change to 3 years since someone like me have been here for just over 3 years but have never traveled out of Canada since I came here, why do I have to present another PCC from my original country when I have not been there since I became a Permanent Resident considering I presented a PCC before getting a PR and the PCC I will present now will not be different from that one.
Four years is the C-6 requirement. No need to change application form.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
The msg below was the last update on CIC website but I didn't receive anything by email. Do they send regular mail? I am also a little concerned what the information would be as I didn't leave the country except for one week in 6 years.

We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Most likely this is the finger print request that you will receive by mail. Just wait few days.

Reactions: RanRan

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Four years is the C-6 requirement. No need to change application form.
Does it mean it was 5 years b4 c-6? will I have to add a PCC from my original country since I have been there 183 days in the last 4 years?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
This has been discussed on the forum recently. I'll not rehash the whole argument here (the search function can help you find those other conversations).

In brief: IRCC wants it, as part of how they implement the requirements set forth in the law on acquiring citizenship. The End.

Consider that the PCC you supplied when you applied for PR was outdated even by the time you arrived in Canada -- you spent at least some months in your home country after the PCC was issued and before PR was granted. IRCC wants a more up to date PCC to make sure you have not run into legal difficulties that would prohibit you from becoming a citizen since that original PCC was issued.

(You can just wait until you've been in Canada for closer to four years, so that within the last four years you have not spent 183 days in another country. Note that even in that case IRCC can still ask you to provide a PCC, it's just that you won't need to provide it by default.)

Reactions: Oboy

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The reason why IRCC requires applicants to submit a police certificate if they have spent 183 or more days in another country during the preceding FOUR (4) years is this is the period of time prescribed by Section 22(3)(a) in the Citizenship Act (this should link), which provides that a criminal conviction in another country during the "four-year period immediately before the date of the person's application" prohibits eligibility for a grant of citizenship. So IRCC requires proof of no such conviction for any country in which the applicant has spent a significant period of time, which IRCC has administratively set as 183 or more days in total during that relevant time period.

This has nothing to do with when the applicant came to Canada or with the presence requirement.

This has been discussed in-depth in numerous threads here.

Reminders:

-- if it is unreasonably difficult to obtain the police certificate, the applicant can explain why RATHER than provide the police certificate; this will almost certainly pass the completeness check; IRCC may address the validity of the explanation later in the process

-- generally a police certificate will suffice if EITHER it has been issued within the six months prior to applying, OR if it has at least been issued AFTER the applicants last time in the other country

Edit-to-add: Or, as @btbt observed, an applicant who has not been in the other country for the last three plus some years can wait longer to apply, wait long enough that the total number of days in the other country during the relevant four years is less than 180.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Does it mean it was 5 years b4 c-6? will I have to add a PCC from my original country since I have been there 183 days in the last 4 years?
Don't know what it was before C6 was implemented. It doesn't seem worth looking it up, either.

And yes, you will need to provide a PCC from your home country if, within the last four years, you have spent 183 days or more there.

The instructions on how to get a PCC can be found at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. There is a chance you may be exempt, as some countries do not issue PCCs to non-residents, but in those cases you will need to provide a letter explaining this, or your application may be returned as incomplete.

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
This has been discussed on the forum recently. I'll not rehash the whole argument here (the search function can help you find those other conversations).

In brief: IRCC wants it, as part of how they implement the requirements set forth in the law on acquiring citizenship. The End.

Consider that the PCC you supplied when you applied for PR was outdated even by the time you arrived in Canada -- you spent at least some months in your home country after the PCC was issued and before PR was granted. IRCC wants a more up to date PCC to make sure you have not run into legal difficulties that would prohibit you from becoming a citizen since that original PCC was issued.

(You can just wait until you've been in Canada for closer to four years, so that within the last four years you have not spent 183 days in another country. Note that even in that case IRCC can still ask you to provide a PCC, it's just that you won't need to provide it by default.)

Thanks so much

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014

Thanks so much

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
The reason why IRCC requires applicants to submit a police certificate if they have spent 183 or more days in another country during the preceding FOUR (4) years is this is the period of time prescribed by Section 22(3)(a) in the Citizenship Act (this should link), which provides that a criminal conviction in another country during the "four-year period immediately before the date of the person's application" prohibits eligibility for a grant of citizenship. So IRCC requires proof of no such conviction for any country in which the applicant has spent a significant period of time, which IRCC has administratively set as 183 or more days in total during that relevant time period.

This has nothing to do with when the applicant came to Canada or with the presence requirement.

This has been discussed in-depth in numerous threads here.

Reminders:

-- if it is unreasonably difficult to obtain the police certificate, the applicant can explain why RATHER than provide the police certificate; this will almost certainly pass the completeness check; IRCC may address the validity of the explanation later in the process

-- generally a police certificate will suffice if EITHER it has been issued within the six months prior to applying, OR if it has at least been issued AFTER the applicants last time in the other country

Edit-to-add: Or, as @btbt observed, an applicant who has not been in the other country for the last three plus some years can wait longer to apply, wait long enough that the total number of days in the other country during the relevant four years is less than 180.
Thanks so much for the prompt feedback

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
My spouse and my applications’ status are changed to “Decision Made” on March 10. Please update the tracker.
BTW, we both got 20 in our exam.

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: arian_arian

remo88

Mar 5, 2013
Hi everyone
I have submitted my application on December and received an invitation for test on march 20 but my online ECAS system is not updated to in process yet. Whenever I check it doesn't bring up anything but an error. Is it normal??!