+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Please add me to Oct sheet. Thanks in advance.
Presence Calculator:1118 days
Application type: Single (Brampton)
Application sent: 10/12
Application Received: 10/13 at 1:45pm via purolator
Signed for: Ryan

only a single trip of 30 days outside Canada within 5 years... ID proof: PR card, Driving License, Health card, COPR.
AOR:Not Yet :(:(:(
Done!

dsiddiqui

Oct 20, 2017
I don't see my name added to the list although i requested on Oct 20.

Please add me
App.Type: Family (4)
Physical Presence Days: 1301
App Sent: Oct 17, 2017
App Recd: Oct 20, 2017
Note: After 3/5 Rule.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see my name added to the list although i requested on Oct 20.

Please add me
App.Type: Family (4)
Physical Presence Days: 1301
App Sent: Oct 17, 2017
App Recd: Oct 20, 2017
Note: After 3/5 Rule.
Done.

Lawrence137

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Please add me to Oct sheet. Thanks in advance.
Presence Calculator:1118 days
Application type: Single (Brampton)
Application sent: 10/12
Application Received: 10/13 at 1:45pm via purolator
Signed for: Ryan

only a single trip of 30 days outside Canada within 5 years... ID proof: PR card, Driving License, Health card, COPR.
AOR:Not Yet :(:(:(
mine is ryan too

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Just to clarify one thing: For the AOR part, the city you are applying from is irrelevant. It's only after AOR that the local offices take over.
I'm just trying to find out why some go faster than others.
Is French slower?
Or maybe 'cause I went to the USA many times by car and they need to check all the border crossing.
Or is it just random.
I'm sure nobody knows but I'm just trying to see if there's some kind of logic to it.

didENglis

I sent in English :) The only reason comes to my mind is the well-organized file I had. The officer may have liked to pick my colourful beautifully labeled file :)
Oh believe me, you can't be more organized than me.
I bought premium quality paper, put it in plastic sheets, and then also in a nice beautifully labelled binder.

Reactions: MTLBoy

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Is French slower?
Or maybe 'cause I went to the USA many times by car and they need to check all the border crossing.
Or is it just random.
I'm sure nobody knows but I'm just trying to see if there's some kind of logic to it.

I bought premium quality paper, put it in plastic sheets, and then also in a nice beautifully labelled binder.
Details like how often you crossed the border can't be relevant for AOR. They are just doing a completeness check. They are not checking (yet) if what you say is true.

I think "random" is the most appropriate term here. A while ago I posted these thoughts about how IRCC starts processing the new applications:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-applications-after-bill-c-6.503102/page-141#post-6464226

So now imagine they have a pile of thousands of applicants. Why would they sort it by day of arrival? Imagine the amount of time this alone would take, time they could instead spend on processing applications. Sure, they will try to process the November applications before the October applications (roughly), but it would, with such a volume, in fact be an enormous amount of work to ensure that the applications are sorted by day. It might in fact very well be the case that they have agreements with some of the delivery services that they don't deliver every day but on a weekly basis and so on.

Long story short: If your application wouldn't be processed before an application that was submitted in late November, I would be concerned. But this "racing the day" narrative is something that started in this thread. It is just inconceivable to sort and manage (managing is a whole different story) thousands of envelopes by day unless you have an enormous manpower.

Regarding stapling/putting in a binder/plastic sheets: You can rest assured that this will not speed up your application. It only means that the person handling your file will have to do one more step. The very first thing they will do with your application, even before it reaches the local office, is to remove everything from the binder and put it into one of their document management systems. Then they will throw out the binder. The person who actually works on your file will never see that binder.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
CIC receives approximately 3000 plus application per a day. We just have to be patient.

scorpio_g

Sep 12, 2017
@spyfy How about urgent application cases? Are they checked when they are received or they go with the pile? Where do they decide if they qualify to be processed urgently? In Sydney or in the local office?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Is French slower?
Or is it just random.

@spyfy is right. For AOR, trips to US should have no effect. Officers in Sydney are mindless robots pretty much just looking for unanswered questions, missing documents, signatures, dates etc.

I too am waiting for my AOR, application delivered on Oct 13th. Given average time to receive AOR is 30-35 days, I would give it till end of next week before i start panicking a little.

As for a theory on how it's being processed, I think every officer has a pre-assigned pile of applications which are randomly chosen from a bin. I'm assuming this bin has all applications delivered between Oct 12 - Oct 18/19 or maybe 20 ... a weeks worth of applications. Now some officers are processing fast, others slow. This explains the random order of AORs, and why only Oct12 -20 applicants have received it so far. I guess their plan is to finish these applications before moving on (I truly hope!).

I also believe they have a small % of officers working on C6 applications, while rest are still going through C24 apps. Slowly they will all transition over and things will speed up. I believe they did this because of the vast number of applications received after Oct 11. I would assume their goal should be to get to average AOR in 30-35 days by November 11th - 13th (roughly 1 month after C6 was implemented).

I also hope that all C6 applications will be sent to local processing center in order of receipt (none of the C6 applicants have their statuses updated to "In Process" yet). As CIC's website indicates applications will be processed as such. This last bit is too much to hope for though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarceauBletard

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy How about urgent application cases? Are they checked when they are received or they go with the pile? Where do they decide if they qualify to be processed urgently? In Sydney or in the local office?
I don't know. Sorry.

Reactions: scorpio_g

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
What is the exact meaning of "In Process ecas" in this tracker tool?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview#

"In Process ecas" means accessibility to my account status online through CIC page using my UCI number or it has more to say? One day after receiving my AOR, I could log in to see my application status, but there is no indication of "In Process ecas" when I logion.

Please someone helps clarify.

Thanks

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
Is French slower?
Or is it just random.

Then probably you will receive AOR within today or tomorrow :)

Reactions: MarceauBletard

sumitbarua007

Nov 6, 2017
I have sent my citizenship application on 13th Oct 2017 by regular post. I have not received any acknowledgement till today (6th Nov 2017). How many days it takes to get an acknowledgement.