+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application returned saying "Incomplete or missing info on the appli

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Empirical-Scientist said:
1. You input N/A and didn't skip them as suggested.
2. The guide supersedes other instructions in my view.

This doesn't matter now. I suggest you include a note in the cover letter when you resend it.
1. When you do not need to fill in something then it is N/A as OP did.
2. 100% right. If there is a contradicting instruction, the guide supersedes other instructions. I guess the web page is older, may be for a previous version of application form.

Good suggestion about the cover letter. It may make CIC realize there was a mistake in their end as well give the application some priority.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIT007 said:
Hello All

In the application from (CIT-0002) i left section 6.A & 6.B as N/A because i provided the On-line residence calculator and they have clearly mentioned (link attached below) in the website that if i am proving a copy of the resident calculator then i do not need to fill in 6.A or 6.B

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en&_ga=1.31381567.1476498390.1393968444
This is the big mistake you made. Since the guide says :you do not need to fill in those questions why would you put N/A. Are you telling them that being Permanent resident does not apply to you???

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
Empirical-Scientist said:
6A and 6B are both mandatory. Here's the instruction from the guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E5):

Where does it say these are optional if a printout of the residence calculator is to be included...?
I didn't fill out 6B and I hope they don't return my application. It don't get why 6B would be mandatory if it explicitly states "if different from "A". In my case, 6B was not different from 6A, so I don't get why I would need to fill it out. Anyway, I guess I'l have to wait at least two months to find out. :(

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm on preparing my documents for citizenship application, I have some questions on filling CIT002 form, should I put N/A on section 3B, 3C ? I don't have any other names used in the past and what about the section 5B if my mailing address is the same as my home address ? Thanks

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
I have called CIC and the agent advised me to fill in the form along with an explanation letter and attach a copy of the guideline of the website. she said i did it right but cant gurantee that my file will be processed normally without delaying further. now it totally depends on the officer who didnt pay attention. does anyone know how long it takes if your file is returned due to this kind of situation. i am very upset with all this as i put so many hours to keep my application clean so that our file gets processed normally.

thanks for all of your assistance

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
moz77 said:
I didn't fill out 6B and I hope they don't return my application. It don't get why 6B would be mandatory if it explicitly states "if different from "A". In my case, 6B was not different from 6A, so I don't get why I would need to fill it out. Anyway, I guess I'l have to wait at least two months to find out. :(
I too didn't fill out 6B and so far, my application hasn't been returned. It was received by CIC on 13th May 2014.

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
hobbes said:
I too didn't fill out 6B and so far, my application hasn't been returned. It was received by CIC on 13th May 2014.
That's good to know, thanks. :)

paxan77

Mar 22, 2018
Hi , my wife has applied for citizenship together with our son. a few days ago apllications got back stating that my wife application is complete but my son application is incomplete. Missing info is in My sons application was highlited by marker , we forgot to tick boxes. Both applications has been stamped by cic with date of application acceptance , photos on each applications were put under plastic cover. all submitted docs together with applications were stapled . apllication was dated on march 7,2018 signatures are still valid.
question : can we just tick by pen boxes that were not ticked during submission and resend the whole pack as is. or apllications has to be replaced for both applicants with new forms and photos and send back ? or we can just tick existing apllication and resend both apllications as is?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi , my wife has applied for citizenship together with our son. a few days ago apllications got back stating that my wife application is complete but my son application is incomplete. Missing info is in My sons application was highlited by marker , we forgot to tick boxes. Both applications has been stamped by cic with date of application acceptance , photos on each applications were put under plastic cover. all submitted docs together with applications were stapled . apllication was dated on march 7,2018 signatures are still valid.
question : can we just tick by pen boxes that were not ticked during submission and resend the whole pack as is. or apllications has to be replaced for both applicants with new forms and photos and send back ? or we can just tick existing apllication and resend both apllications as is?
I would go with just fill in the highlighted boxes and resend the entire package back as is.