+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application returned saying "Incomplete or missing info on the appli

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
Hello All

I am very frustrated with CIC today as they have returned our (me and my wife) application for citizenship saying that "Your Application is incomplete or Missing information" whereas i followed word to word of the instruction guide and looks like CIC has made a mistake here.

They received my application on the 9th May 2014 and today they returned my application due to the following reason:

In the application from (CIT-0002) i left section 6.A & 6.B as N/A because i provided the On-line residence calculator and they have clearly mentioned (link attached below) in the website that if i am proving a copy of the resident calculator then i do not need to fill in 6.A or 6.B. I have also copied the write up** from the website below.

Now i need all of your suggestion on the following question:

1. should i fill in a new complete application form or just hand write on the page 2 of the form (CIT-0002) that they returned with my permanent resident date which they are asking for?

2. Or i just write an application and defend my position with the proof that its in the website that they have instructed and i followed accordingly.

3. After mailing the application the 7th May 2014 we have visited back home and i returned in mid June 2014. My wife is still there and will return in mid August 2014. So if you folks suggest me to make a complete application then should we have to mention our travel or we just keep old date we signed in May 2014.

Please please please help me and i will be looking forward to your answer.

SIT007

**What happens next?
The calculator will tell you if you meet the residence requirement.

If you meet the residence requirement, you can print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. If you attach a copy, you do not need to fill in sections 6(A) and 6(B) of the application. Simply check the option 'Online Residence Calculator' in question 6(H). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same.
If you do not meet the residence requirement, the calculator will give you a date when you should be eligible to apply. You can print the results for your records. When you are eligible to apply, you should redo the calculation before sending in your application. Your circumstances might have changed. For example, you might have more absences and this could impact your eligibility.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en&_ga=1.31381567.1476498390.1393968444

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check mark the option that says you are attaching Online Calculator or left that blank?

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
sorry to her that

the problem with some officers that if they find something missing they don't continue the application. They just send it back . the same thing happened with me in my PR application.
In my point of view, complete 6A and 6B and return the whole application again. even they mentioned do not complete this section.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIT007 said:
I am very frustrated with CIC today as they have returned our (me and my wife) application for citizenship saying that "Your Application is incomplete or Missing information" whereas i followed word to word of the instruction guide and looks like CIC has made a mistake here.

They received my application on the 9th May 2014 and today they returned my application due to the following reason:

In the application from (CIT-0002) i left section 6.A & 6.B as N/A because i provided the On-line residence calculator...
Just to clarify, are you sure that the problem was 6a and 6b? Did the CIC rejection letter explicitly say that 6A and 6B were the problem?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIT007, I just looked at the Form. I think that completing 6A & 6B is a must. Even though what you wrote is given by CIC, however you could have easily put the date. If the date of 6A & 6B is same then you leave 6B blank BUT one has to fill out 6A. The whole thing is confusing and I feel really sorry for you. Call CIC and tell them your explanation and see if they accept it.

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
Now will i be able to just hand write on the form and send it back to CIC with the supporting documents that they returned

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the mistake is in the info correct it and fill a new form, I can´t remember if I filled mine on the computer or by hand, if there are documents missing simply attach the documents missing and send it back just the way it is filled

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
I can see really how frustrating this is. I (may be several others) did not read the web page as carefully as you did, and filled in 6A and 6B. Morally and legally your application is more accurate then several of us who filled in 6A and 6B in spite of using residency calculator.

Since they marked it 6A and 6B, I would suggest you can call the CIC and try to get an answer from them. It is totally unfair for you if you have to wait for new application date. I hope they will accept their mistake.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
After this situation I will complete 6a and 6b with online resident calculation.
SIT007 you did the wright thing but I don't think they will return your application if you give more information (answering 6a and 6b even if they mentioned not to fill it ). I don't think many people read this info for online calculator and they fill 61 and 6b and no one has complained about this before

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
6A and 6B are both mandatory. Here's the instruction from the guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E5):

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Section 6[/size][/size]

Question 6A
Write the date when you became a permanent resident (landed immigrant).

To find this date, refer to your:

Record of Landing – IMM 1000
Confirmation of Permanent Residence – IMM 5292
Confirmation of Permanent Residence – IMM 5688
Permanent Resident Card

Question 6B
Write the date when you first came to Canada to live.
Where does it say these are optional if a printout of the residence calculator is to be included...?

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Empirical-Scientist said:
6A and 6B are both mandatory. Here's the instruction from the guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E5):

Where does it say these are optional if a printout of the residence calculator is to be included...?
It is mentioned in online calculator website

What happens next?

If you meet the residence requirement, you can print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. If you attach a copy, you do not need to fill in sections 6(A) and 6(B) of the application. Simply check the option 'Online Residence Calculator' in question 6(H). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same.
If you do not meet the residence requirement, the calculator will give you a date when you should be eligible to apply. You can print the results for your records. When you are eligible to apply, you should redo the calculation before sending in your application. Your circumstances might have changed. For example, you might have more absences and this could impact your eligibility.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Sorry that CIC returned your application. You received back the application July 1st? Did Canada Post delivered mail yesterday (Canada Day)?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Travel Dream said:
It is mentioned in online calculator website

What happens next?

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do
1. You input N/A and didn't skip them as suggested.
2. The guide supersedes other instructions in my view.

This doesn't matter now. I suggest you include a note in the cover letter when you resend it.