+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I am certainly not qualified, so take my answer with a grain of salt...personally I believe that whether it is the rule or not, they want to see a close tie to Canada and they want to see that you intend to live your life here.

I got that strong impression during my interview. The agent seemed to be very satisfied when I could demonstrate that my center point of my life is in Canada. It was easy for me as my husband and kids are Canadians, my inlaws all live here, kids are at school or work in Canada, own property, two dogs...
The interesting thing was that the agent quite "innocently" asked me these questions about what my husband and kids do...
As said, I do not know what the rules are, but nevertheless, the ties to Canada I do believe are important.
Bummer with your case! I assume you withdrew the application and you will try again?
Best of luck!
Stef.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi there i got this CIT 0520 Form,after i passed my test with 20 of 20,perfect! (On Nov 2014).And have been a crazy procces cause in 2012 they sent me the RQ (that ask basically for same thing,proof of residence) and now this ,i cried a lot when i recived this 0520 in the mail, i though it was the invitation for the oath,but nottt i opened it and CIC want more proof of my residence in this beautiful country,sad cause i have been a good citizen,since i leave my country(8 years ago) I never went back avoiding this kind of issues (without result) i know people who have been out of Canada for a long time,also they arrive in Canada long after me and they are already Canadian Citizens.( not jelous just unfair)
I have been in 3 Islands each for a period of 7 days,so 21 days out of Canada only.I already sent all the documents request on Dec 18 but cristhmas and all this holidays make everything slow so not answer yet but please let me know if you received this.How long tooks to get an answer back? Everything you can let me know would be appreciated.
Thanks
:mad: this is not the RQ (CIT 171)

Hi friend,

This is an interesting case. Do you mean they asked you to provide CIT 0520 cuz you were in three countries out of Canada while being a PR? If so, didnt you have any passport stamps to prove that?

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
I am certainly not qualified, so take my answer with a grain of salt...personally I believe that whether it is the rule or not, they want to see a close tie to Canada and they want to see that you intend to live your life here.

I got that strong impression during my interview. The agent seemed to be very satisfied when I could demonstrate that my center point of my life is in Canada. It was easy for me as my husband and kids are Canadians, my inlaws all live here, kids are at school or work in Canada, own property, two dogs...
The interesting thing was that the agent quite "innocently" asked me these questions about what my husband and kids do...
As said, I do not know what the rules are, but nevertheless, the ties to Canada I do believe are important.
Bummer with your case! I assume you withdrew the application and you will try again?
Best of luck!
Stef.
i was planning to withdraw my application, but after talking to my lawyer she asked me to wait until the decision is made (to understand the reason for the denial) and evaluate our next step, not sure i follow her logic, also at this point i'm not sure if i can withdraw the application after the seeing judge.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
i was planning to withdraw my application, but after talking to my lawyer she asked me to wait until the decision is made (to understand the reason for the denial) and evaluate our next step, not sure i follow her logic, also at this point i'm not sure if i can withdraw the application after the seeing judge.
Oh boy! It's a hard call. Get a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th opinion. "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success". Wish you the best!

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We took our oath today and now we are Canadians !
The long anxious journey has finally come to an end
Wishing you all the very best all those who are waiting

Steve

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello,
Yesterday I took the oath and became a proud Canadian citizen, I would to thank all the members for their help and support through out the process, and I will be more then happy to pay it back to the forum in form of help /advice if needed based on my experience (i’m Not a lawyer or an Immigration expert :) ), again another huge thanks for dpenabill.
Thanks and good luck to everyone

mohammad1

Nov 5, 2018
Hi there i got this CIT 0520 Form,after i passed my test with 20 of 20,perfect! (On Nov 2014).And have been a crazy procces cause in 2012 they sent me the RQ (that ask basically for same thing,proof of residence) and now this ,i cried a lot when i recived this 0520 in the mail, i though it was the invitation for the oath,but nottt i opened it and CIC want more proof of my residence in this beautiful country,sad cause i have been a good citizen,since i leave my country(8 years ago) I never went back avoiding this kind of issues (without result) i know people who have been out of Canada for a long time,also they arrive in Canada long after me and they are already Canadian Citizens.( not jelous just unfair)
I have been in 3 Islands each for a period of 7 days,so 21 days out of Canada only.I already sent all the documents request on Dec 18 but cristhmas and all this holidays make everything slow so not answer yet but please let me know if you received this.How long tooks to get an answer back? Everything you can let me know would be appreciated.
Thanks
:mad: this is not the RQ (CIT 171)
Hello sir, just curious if you finally got citizenship? I was recently given CIT 0520 after passing citizenship test one year after application. What do you advise? How long do you think It will take until they process my CIT 0520?

mohammad1

Nov 5, 2018
I sent them the documents they asked. It has been 4 months
still nothing
Dear Sir
Just curious if you finally got citizenship? I was given CIT0520 after citizenship test one year after my application? What do you think how long will take until Until They process my CIT0520? What do you advise?