+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
My ecas got updated yesterday and i'm scheduled for the judge, "We sent you a notice on August 3, 2017 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on September 27, 2017." wish me luck.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
My ecas has been updated with Oath invitation for October 11th :)
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! You deserve it after the long wait!!!!!!

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello,
in short the hearing didn't went very well, after documents verification (which supposed to be just 2 IDs) the agent there asked me for My health card, driver's license, landing document, PR, all the passports (old and new) and a copy, i went in for videoconference hearing (for almost an hour), the judge was very unfriendly right of the gate, and he started giving me a speech by stating that the Canadian citizenship need to be earned and it's not a right.... i haven't said anything yet at this point (that was strange start), So he start reading some documents listing my entry/exit (and the fact i was short in days), but through out his lecture i spotted couple mistakes made by the CIC office that interviewed me after the Citizenship test, first she wrongly reported my landing date by 20 days short, and another entry by 10 days, and she made some assumption that my spouse (Canadian citizen) was working in US for years based on her search in Linkedin (believe it or not) and i haven't visited him.
so i get a chance finally to correct the records and the baseless assumption of the officer about my spouse, now after 15 minutes the judge double checked all the information i provided and admitted that those were mistakes from the CIC officer and my meet all the residency requirements and i even had more days than that's required by the citizenship application ( from that point he started to be more friendly).
Now his issue with my application shifted to something else, which is the fact that i had a greed card (we got it 4 months before i applied, but i never spent a night in US), couple months later and my spouse moved to US for a job -few weeks after my application- , so followed him in order to keep our family together (to the judge that was the issue), i don't have ties to Canada even that we left everything all out banks accounts saving, RRSP, cell phones lines,.....) none of that was considered ties to him and he keep repeating that he lean more to the denial and sometime it's best to withdraw versus getting the denial (it was really depressing), anyway that's what happened.
All my kids,spouse are Canadians, his move to US was purely for financial reasons, to save and be able to afford a house in Canada and move back: My questions here to the seniors contributors is : I applies under the old rules 3/5 where the intent to living in Canada wasn't there, does it still apply to me? the fact that i met all the requirements when i applied for the citizenship application, and i move to US was after that legally can affect my application?
the mistake of the calculation was made by the CIC officer that's part of triggered the RQ (beside me disclosing the US green card on my application), can they be held accountable?
you know I've seen a lot of people laying on their applications and hiding things to the immigration.. but still got away with and become Canadians, but from part i always was truthful and transparent (my way of life), but i won't change who i'm or the way i living because of that, Canada in my home and family's and i love it so much (that never change), we'll be hitting our goal next year and we're moving back.
i hope that was helpful for some of you, i'm giving back to this forum.
Thanks,

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Hello,
in short the hearing didn't went very well, after documents verification (which supposed to be just 2 IDs) the agent there asked me for My health card, driver's license, landing document, PR, all the passports (old and new) and a copy, i went in for videoconference hearing (for almost an hour), the judge was very unfriendly right of the gate, and he started giving me a speech by stating that the Canadian citizenship need to be earned and it's not a right.... i haven't said anything yet at this point (that was strange start), So he start reading some documents listing my entry/exit (and the fact i was short in days), but through out his lecture i spotted couple mistakes made by the CIC office that interviewed me after the Citizenship test, first she wrongly reported my landing date by 20 days short, and another entry by 10 days, and she made some assumption that my spouse (Canadian citizen) was working in US for years based on her search in Linkedin (believe it or not) and i haven't visited him.
so i get a chance finally to correct the records and the baseless assumption of the officer about my spouse, now after 15 minutes the judge double checked all the information i provided and admitted that those were mistakes from the CIC officer and my meet all the residency requirements and i even had more days than that's required by the citizenship application ( from that point he started to be more friendly).
Now his issue with my application shifted to something else, which is the fact that i had a greed card (we got it 4 months before i applied, but i never spent a night in US), couple months later and my spouse moved to US for a job -few weeks after my application- , so followed him in order to keep our family together (to the judge that was the issue), i don't have ties to Canada even that we left everything all out banks accounts saving, RRSP, cell phones lines,.....) none of that was considered ties to him and he keep repeating that he lean more to the denial and sometime it's best to withdraw versus getting the denial (it was really depressing), anyway that's what happened.
All my kids,spouse are Canadians, his move to US was purely for financial reasons, to save and be able to afford a house in Canada and move back: My questions here to the seniors contributors is : I applies under the old rules 3/5 where the intent to living in Canada wasn't there, does it still apply to me? the fact that i met all the requirements when i applied for the citizenship application, and i move to US was after that legally can affect my application?
the mistake of the calculation was made by the CIC officer that's part of triggered the RQ (beside me disclosing the US green card on my application), can they be held accountable?
you know I've seen a lot of people laying on their applications and hiding things to the immigration.. but still got away with and become Canadians, but from part i always was truthful and transparent (my way of life), but i won't change who i'm or the way i living because of that, Canada in my home and family's and i love it so much (that never change), we'll be hitting our goal next year and we're moving back.
Thanks,
Very sad if judges appointed by CIC cant deliver justice so where we will go, federal court is the solution but that could be very expensive.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello,
Thanks,
I'm not a "senior" but common sense tells me that you were denied because of the "green card" and the "intent to reside" clause.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
I'm not a "senior" but common sense tells me that you were denied because of the "green card" and the "intent to reside" clause.
I applied under the old rules where that " intent to reside "apply didn't existed in the form, do you think i was held to that regardless?